Substance Tolerance Trait

Does Substance Tolerance trait limit the amount of time you experience good substance traits (+1 strength modifier from tipsy) or just bad substance traits. Cause if it’s all traits I would actually not consider it a particular advantage, more of a neutral.

I think it does limit good substance traits, but I honestly can’t complain when my lightweight trait morphs into it.
Before, I could only inject 2 cocaine but I am such a badass Scarface I can inject upwards to 20.

If that is true I don’t think I will pick it, I like to get blasted drunk and high and hit zombies with baseball bats. However, am I correct in assuming that ADDICTION RESISTANT has no downsides whatsoever?

Nope, no downsides. Only real downside I can think of is if an addiction is positive in someway.
But addiction ruins lives man. Addiction ruins lives.

See what I mean?

Correct on both counts: Tolerance reduces the effect of all drugs (though some less than others, as strict mathematics would effectively nullify some drugs), and Addiction Resistance reduces the chances for addiction.

As someone who only uses alcohol for the Ethanol Burner and possibly morale, reducing the drunken-timer seemed a good thing to me. (You can handle your substances well -> use more often, larger morale effect/more bio power) Further, Lightweight’s considered a disadvantage. If there’s broad support for Substance Tolerance as a disad, though, I’ll consider that.

Thoughts?

[quote=“KA101, post:5, topic:5317”]Correct on both counts: Tolerance reduces the effect of all drugs (though some less than others, as strict mathematics would effectively nullify some drugs), and Addiction Resistance reduces the chances for addiction.

As someone who only uses alcohol for the Ethanol Burner and possibly morale, reducing the drunken-timer seemed a good thing to me. (You can handle your substances well -> use more often, larger morale effect/more bio power) Further, Lightweight’s considered a disadvantage. If there’s broad support for Substance Tolerance as a disad, though, I’ll consider that.

Thoughts?[/quote]
In real life being a lightweight is awesome, and it being a disadvantage in Cataclysm is also awesome. I almost never drink, and a lot of drugs I don’t bother with (but stockpile).
Only real drugs I do is marijuana and cocaine, sometimes ecstasy but that’s very situational. Otherwise my character is as straight edged as the katana I use to chop giant flies and mosquitoes in my full Zombear leather gear and gasmask. You can probably tell I’m apart of D.A.R.E.

Why does everyone do drugs in Cata? I have never taken drugs in Cata, unless you count prescription drugs which are totally different.

Because we can do it without getting our doors kicked in at 3 AM.

Get off your high horse!
No, seriously, that thing got into the opium storage.

I smoked marijuana once, but my character didn’t inhale so it’s alright.

[quote=“KA101, post:5, topic:5317”]As someone who only uses alcohol for the Ethanol Burner and possibly morale, reducing the drunken-timer seemed a good thing to me. (You can handle your substances well -> use more often, larger morale effect/more bio power) Further, Lightweight’s considered a disadvantage. If there’s broad support for Substance Tolerance as a disad, though, I’ll consider that.

Thoughts?[/quote]

I think maybe a better system might be to make a trait for handling alcohol well, something like “Holds Liquor.” The positive effects of drunkenness last longer, the negative effects last less long or are less dramatic, addictions are less severe and morale boosts might be a little higher. Or maybe the character cannot get drunk at all (no positive or negative effects) but does enjoy the taste (morale boosts), a functioning alcoholic so to speak. For every other drug I don’t really see an advantage to substance tolerance, the whole point of taking meth is for the incredible short term buff, by the time the horrible short term nerf takes effect all of your enemies are gibbs or you have jumped off a cliff.