Staying fit, being fit, Having fit

Having clothes that fit is awesome!

Is it just based on profession?

Can you tailor clothes to fit?

Yes.

Only in terms of starting inventory.

Yes. Generally, if it’s made of leather or cotton, you can Apply a sewing kit. Provided that your target clothing is in good shape (not damaged, not Reinforced) and you have spare material (leather patches or rags, depending on the item) you’ll attempt to apply the “Fits” tag. If it Fits already, you’ll then try to reinforce it. If it’s already reinforced but doesn’t Fit, it can’t be made to Fit.

Stuff like hazmats and kevlar vests can be FOUND fitting, but can’t be adjusted IIRC. Any clothing that you make will come fitted if it can take the “Fits” tag.

[quote=“KA101, post:2, topic:3025”]Yes.

Only in terms of starting inventory.

Yes. Generally, if it’s made of leather or cotton, you can Apply a sewing kit. Provided that your target clothing is in good shape (not damaged, not Reinforced) and you have spare material (leather patches or rags, depending on the item) you’ll attempt to apply the “Fits” tag. If it Fits already, you’ll then try to reinforce it. If it’s already reinforced but doesn’t Fit, it can’t be made to Fit.

Stuff like hazmats and kevlar vests can be FOUND fitting, but can’t be adjusted IIRC. Any clothing that you make will come fitted if it can take the “Fits” tag.[/quote]

You freaking rock! thanks man.

Can’t believe i’ve waited this long to do any tailoring.

Tailoring is really fun. I always pick the tailor perk and a put a few points into tailoring.

Damn! Yeah next char will be tailor.

Scoundrel guy, for cargo pants and hoodie, sounded good at the time.

Each article of clothing can be composed of up to two different materials, a primary and a secondary.
The type of tool required to repair/upgrade an article of clothing appears to be based off of the primary material.
Soldering irons and welders are to kevlar, plastic, and metal clothing what sewing kits are to cloth, leather, and wool clothing.
An article of clothing can be repaired/upgraded using the appropriate tool and a base material piece like a rag, leather patch, plastic chunk, or piece of metal scrap.
Clothing made from two material types can be repaired/upgraded using a base material piece of either type.
Non-cloth things can be reinforced the same as cloth ones.
Some of the non-cloth things can have the fitted tag if you get the proper material and apply the tool, same as with cloth items.

[i]cargo pants + sewing kit + rag = fitted cargo pants

combat boots + soldering iron + kevlar plate or leather patch = fitted combat boots[/i]

So you could fit hazmats & vests. Good to know. Thanks.

[quote=“Rivet, post:6, topic:3025”]Each article of clothing can be composed of up to two different materials, a primary and a secondary.
The type of tool required to repair/upgrade an article of clothing appears to be based off of the primary material.
Soldering irons and welders are to kevlar, plastic, and metal clothing what sewing kits are to cloth, leather, and wool clothing.
An article of clothing can be repaired/upgraded using the appropriate tool and a base material piece like a rag, leather patch, plastic chunk, or piece of metal scrap.
Clothing made from two material types can be repaired/upgraded using a base material piece of either type.
Non-cloth things can be reinforced the same as cloth ones.
Some of the non-cloth things can have the fitted tag if you get the proper material and apply the tool, same as with cloth items.

[i]cargo pants + sewing kit + rag = fitted cargo pants

combat boots + soldering iron + kevlar plate or leather patch = fitted combat boots[/i][/quote]

Wow, that was really well explained. Thanks man.

Really glad i know that about soldering irons and welders now.

This game never ceases to amaze.

Also, the number of pieces of base material required varies from object to object. It’s based off of the item’s size. The number of charges consumed from your tool is based off of your tailoring or mechanics skill, as appropriate.

How does one get a chunk of plastic?

I’ve got two metal crash sites, so metal is easy.

Cut up plastic things using a knife.

Empty water bottles are an excellent source of plastic chunks.

[quote=“Rivet, post:11, topic:3025”]Cut up plastic things using a knife.

Empty water bottles are an excellent source of plastic chunks.[/quote]

Thanks, easy enough.

All my stuff is reinforced and fit now.

tailoring at 6.

Good sesh.

Yeah, but remember-- while you can’t necessarily make a fitted kevlar vest… Those that aren’t fitted can always be cut up for Kevlar plates to repair one that is.

I’d also suggest making a light survivor suit. Even fitted it still adds a point of encumberance onto almost every part, which is annoying though-- but it’s a great item.

Such a shame you can’t reinforce filter masks.

Yeah you can.

I’m playing #310 Jenkins, and I have an issue with Light Survivor.
I thought since it has such a high damage reduction base I’d get by the Zs easily. But there I was on a farm with Z or two in a melee, and they’ve cut me up real good. I did find kevlar plates to reinforce it so I’ll come about it again, but at the present - even the Reinforced Suit(fits) does it better for me if there’s suitable terrain to dive into when battling packs.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:14, topic:3025”]Yeah, but remember-- while you can’t necessarily make a fitted kevlar vest… Those that aren’t fitted can always be cut up for Kevlar plates to repair one that is.

I’d also suggest making a light survivor suit. Even fitted it still adds a point of encumberance onto almost every part, which is annoying though-- but it’s a great item.

Such a shame you can’t reinforce filter masks.[/quote]

Tried to reinforce my filter mask too.

It said this was not made of anything i had.

[quote=“vultures, post:16, topic:3025”]I’m playing #310 Jenkins, and I have an issue with Light Survivor.
I thought since it has such a high damage reduction base I’d get by the Zs easily. But there I was on a farm with Z or two in a melee, and they’ve cut me up real good. I did find kevlar plates to reinforce it so I’ll come about it again, but at the present - even the Reinforced Suit(fits) does it better for me if there’s suitable terrain to dive into when battling packs.[/quote]

Might try making one of those suits, coupled with my broadsword, it will be KILLING TIME.

I reinforced my glasses, sunglasses, wrist watch, and filter mask with a soldering iron in the last nightly before 0.8, so it is possible. I’m not sure what it needed since I was next to a locker stocked with fur pelts, rags, scrap metal, and plastic chunks.

And it’s because I was testing what I learned in this thread!

[quote=“Isidarth, post:18, topic:3025”]I reinforced my glasses, sunglasses, wrist watch, and filter mask with a soldering iron in the last nightly before 0.8, so it is possible. I’m not sure what it needed since I was next to a locker stocked with fur pelts, rags, scrap metal, and plastic chunks.

And it’s because I was testing what I learned in this thread![/quote]

Nice, going to try metal and plastic, cause i think i had fur and rags on me when i tried.

this got me thinking… we may want to expand ‘health’. not just for getting sick, but staying physically fit. you can start out of shape and part of getting better will include getting fit. has to do with what you eat and what you do. if you move alot, you get used to moving, if you do melee you get stronger, you use a bow, you get stronger arms, etc… would be rather complex. can be tied to age. so if your over 40, you get ‘sore’ in all the wrong places.