Starting a new game

Is there any thing I can do to assure that a new game starts in a fresh world, without deleting existing save games?

Just remove the saves folder from the cataclysm folder to somewhere else, (eg. desktop), start a new game. If you want to go back to your original char., then swap the save folders. (So both are still saved).

Assuming I understood your question right.

Do you mean making a new world but transfering your character?

Nope. Squirrel more or lless got what I meant. Sorry I wasn’t more clear though!

Prior to moving my save-game folder, I have 2 characters made; one of them for my youtube LP, and one of them for off-camera play.

Are both characters in the same world?

When I created a third character, he started in the same shelter as the first character… are there a bunch of shelters around that new characters are randomly assigned to?

[quote=“lwCoyote, post:5, topic:1007”]Prior to moving my save-game folder, I have 2 characters made; one of them for my youtube LP, and one of them for off-camera play.

Are both characters in the same world?

When I created a third character, he started in the same shelter as the first character… are there a bunch of shelters around that new characters are randomly assigned to?[/quote] Yes they are all in the same world. I don’t know how many EVAC shelters their are but there is enough so you start at a random place.