[MusicPack] CO.AG MusicPack Redux (11-Dec-2019)

I’m pretty sure it’s a false positive. Can i get the track info to help with the dispute?

Hi @Vormithrax, the music playing in the 6:04:05 is called “The Desert” By CO.AG and it’s royalty free:

The weird thing about all of this, is that this song is playing in the background multiple times during your whole gameplay and you just get the warning in 06:04:05, that’s right? More weird thing is that “Lonely Soul NoPno-Ah 2-Filtered” brings me a very interesting result. I was looking around yesterday with no success, but I found something now:

If you try to look around the web by the name of “Lonely Soul NoPno-Ah 2-Filtered” you can’t find anything useful about this, but if you look around “Ah 2 music” it leads to here: https://www.ah2music.com/catalog

And more exactly (Talking about this specific music): If you use the explorer in this page typing the name of the song “Lonely Soul” the first result is very clarifying:
https://www.ah2music.com/catalog#/search/results/eJw1T0FOAzEM_Erlc6Xee-TAqRISLSeKUDZrtladODheSlT17zi74jSTGWfsuUPFoPFyQk2wh4Nk5LY5ysywhSFUfHs9uH7erWPnnctV1J6aq4qMPyFH7OLiPxPyWGH_DkGNqlV3jIz7ROBhTo43JUPtzoRZsZMkMna8YruJLpRyNZ0T5jUDUxHHQhYvS2YatIdGSYXxl6z5Y8QalYqR5G4FCyyTM8XoqZ8cBuy1uCnFnprFfP3HFr762UdvE_tfv_8OKfimUyvoPVmkIjz-S74oTZRd_54pXjerCI8_6vBx0g/

The first seconds of this track are almost identical to the CO.AG “The Desert” music intro, as you can see, both has a very similar background (if not exactly the same). I’m pretty sure that this is the problem. And here it comes another interesting question about all of this:

Seems that Ah2 rip off these first seconds of the track from the CO.AG music called “The Desert” and the background. For me, looks like if ah2 take the CO.AG track, put it into a sound editor and remix it. Smells really bad, For me personally Ah2 website looks muddy and suspicious, seems like they have there almost every kind of music genres, thousands of tracks, looks like someone kind of corporative entity taking others music, registering it legally making remixes and send claims around. Who takes the work from who? also music tracks has metadata into it, for proper tracking, and some has ISRC codes (International Standard Recording Code) but I don’t know if CO.AG use it, considering that he doesn’t sell his music.

Also this website “ah2 music” has the tracks limited, they just let you listen the music few seconds, this is weird and looks like another muddy business. Any ideas?

1 Like

Also this website “ah2 music” seems to work together with this https://www.synchtank.com/
this is:

“Synchtank is a cloud-based enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) platform for licensing and managing entertainment assets, intellectual property rights and associated metadata.”

This smells bad, and is not the first time I saw this kind of muddy stuff around related with music composers (I’m a composer too and this is one of your worst enemies out there). There’s a lot of entities taking the others work, registering it legally and sending around claims for get profit. Just an example: just check /youtube reddit, there are a lot of people who others stole his music, and send you claims. Out there are A LOT of people suffering for this greedy business, corporative entities literally stole others hard work.

I’m seriously considering talking with CO.AG about this and find out what is going on here.( Maybe he does not know anything either and he is just another corporative-claim victim) or maybe he’s the one who takes someone else’s work. I have no idea. Jesus!

1 Like

CO.AG SoundPack will be added to the CDDA-Launcher in the next update, Yay! Thanks @remyroy

PD: Sorry for the last two messages have been deleted by my fault, I tried to edit the original for fix some grammar errors but the forum would not let me: “the change you are trying to make is very similar to the previous one”. Then I tried to delete it and write it again, but it is not get deleted instantly, it has a 24 hours margin and then it deletes automatically after. This is really driving me crazy, it’s the first forum I see something like this.

2 Likes

Yeah. You hit the nail on the head exactly. When someone has free stuff. It is great. But they have to put it out with Free to use and not sell terms. Else you have @$$ hats stealing it and doing wrong with it all over the place. Legally stealing a is a huge problem on the internet that was the reason why lawyers helped write up such free to use terms.

Only thing you can do is remove it and stop using it. Else nobody will be able to use whatever you post legit like.

Awesome soundpack. This is my new favorite!

I’d like some more songs, though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi co-ag, digging the sound and the textures. Could I also suggest you to have a listen to Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement - Ambient Balck Magic. Its got some more campy music and electronic textures which i think could enhance gameplay immersion.

1 Like

Took me a while to notice you released your sound pack (A whole month) sorry about that :upside_down_face:

Can’t wait to try this out, good work!

1 Like

Hi @SkyBreach !

I don’t play CDDA these days but I like to read the forums once in a while.

Just passing by the forums and I wanted to wish you good luck with your soundpack! I know that changing and replacing all sound effects is an ENORMOUS task.

I tried myself to make something like that some months ago, but never had the patience to finish it.

Anyway, feel free to look at my soundpack if you want some more music to add in your pack (CCSoundpack 0.5 - Cendar Cataclysm Soundpack Project), there is a SOUND CREDITS.txt file inside with all the credits for each song I used (open it with notepad++ for good formatting), they all are either Public Domain or CC-C0 or CC-BY and by your pack description, I think some songs can fit in your theme.

I also used some new sounds effects, feel free to use them if you want, there is 44 new sounds that also are Public Domain or CC-C0 or CC-BY. (You’ll also find the credits in the .txt)

Happy apocalypse !

2 Likes

The link in the launcher is incorrect, I think. When I click CO.AG soundpack, it prompts me to download it directly instead of through the launcher.

Unfortunately, the link provided takes me here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1avdtB8WsRPaBtx4zbQhjBK9gtWQ4ujYq/view

Which has mapgen stuff in it?

1 Like

Hi guys/girls apologies for the absence. I have not much time lately but still looking the forum. @TheMurderUnicorn thanks for report the wrong link, (read the report on github as well) I will check what’s wrong with it (hydroponics.zip sounds like another mod that I did for Kenshi game wow) I’ll look at it tonight and try to fix it and update the link.

Thanks to @Woodsman_19 @Udai_Shankar @douglas @Cendar @TheMurderUnicorn for the nice comments and for your feedback, I also appreciate your new suggestions, I promise to update some answers to your questions/suggestions when I have some spare free time, (it takes more time for me considering the language barrier and for daily personal responsabilities as you may imagine that can not be put aside). See you soon.

3 Likes

Check the new SOUNDPACKS.md documentation file in the game source files. My sound hooks PR got merged in recent experimental so the sound pack can now be expanded with more sounds. Good luck expanding your soundpack.

3 Likes

Best music ever. I feel danger everywhere. So glad i added this to my game ^-^

1 Like

Just have to say the music ost is perfect for cataclysm, very much recommended.

1 Like

I’m excited for an update now that we have sound hooks for vehicles.

1 Like

Yea with the major overhaul in the sound design infrastructure the game is bound to level up its immersion in terms of sound and music. Sadly I’m no coder, so looking forward to anyone who’s contributing here.

1 Like

Wanted to say thanks for sound pack as it stands and hopefully you will add new sounds for hook update or RRF updates them. I love the pack and think it should just be mainlined over the basic (but I guess it almost triples the install size and is super easy to add).

1 Like

JIC anyone wanted to see a really awesome soundpack, and for those who didn’t even know sound could exist in this game, just a quick bump for people new to cdda.

If you play on phone, and don’t know how to download items and stuff, you could look earlier in the thread, or just send me a reply and I’ll give you a (hopefully) comphrehensible run down of downloading soundpacks, tilesets, and mods*.

*I’ve had experience with tilesets and soundpacks, but haven’t downloaded any mods yet, so not a 100% guarantee on that

1 Like

@SkyBreach Thanks for all your hard work putting this together! Followed your guide and was able to get the 2ch soundpack running on my game. Gotta say I’m impressed, particularly with the level of detail that went into sound effects for particular car engines, the sound of doors opening and closing, footsteps across different terrain, and how well the volume levels have been tuned across the whole experience. Adds a ton of immersion.

I noticed a mistake in your installation guide, at least as of the game version I’m playing now (Ellison-2), on the final step of your installation guide:

The file musicset.json goes into /data/sound/soundpackname/music/

The playlist won’t be read otherwise and you only get one track playing on repeat. I noticed this but didn’t question it for hours… Hope this helps someone.