So,lets talk about using your bodyparts (Specially around your crouch)-NSFW

[quote=“Datanazush, post:80, topic:7983”][quote=“Pieroh, post:79, topic:7983”]Nope.

Last thing we need is faux news or some other news show/site spot-lighting this game and lighting its ass on fire from feminists and who the hell knows who else because a few people wanted rape and torture.[/quote]

Implying that only feminists get angry about rape.[/quote]

Not sure why so many of our players have a problem with the radical notion that women are people. (And have contributed quite a lot to DDA, I might add.)

Howsabout we stop acting as though feminist attention is a bad thing?

[quote=“Datanazush, post:80, topic:7983”][quote=“Pieroh, post:79, topic:7983”]Nope.

Last thing we need is faux news or some other news show/site spot-lighting this game and lighting its ass on fire from feminists and who the hell knows who else because a few people wanted rape and torture.[/quote]

Its not .

[quote=“KA101, post:81, topic:7983”][quote=“Datanazush, post:80, topic:7983”][quote=“Pieroh, post:79, topic:7983”]Nope.

Not sure why so many of our players have a problem with the radical notion that women are people. (And have contributed quite a lot to DDA, I might add.)

Howsabout we stop acting as though feminist attention is a bad thing?[/quote]

Wasn’t implying anything, although feminists, depending on the individual, may be more likely to call a simple video game, not recreating or simulating any world events, a “cyber rape simulator”

[quote=“Valpo, post:82, topic:7983”][quote=“Datanazush, post:80, topic:7983”][quote=“Pieroh, post:79, topic:7983”]Nope.

Last thing we need is faux news or some other news show/site spot-lighting this game and lighting its ass on fire from reasonable people because a few people wanted rape and torture.[/quote]

Its not .[/quote]
How’s that one sound?

But I think the problem has been addressed. No rape or anything, but basic infrastructure that sexual content could be built off of maybe if modders do that kinda stuff. Don’t think it’s something the devs should worry themselves about.

I agree with everything you just said dust.

I felt the need to come here and add my nope.

The nope is love. The nope is life.

Were my Jabbers and Hulksies of any use while they unexpressively said the word “nope” over and over while I was gone? sips coffee.
Mmmm, cappuccino…

Fallout 2 did that great, imo. That said, NPCs in Cata need a lot of love before sex could be included, a lot of fleshing out in general.

Heh. NPCs need a lot of love before you can sex them. Nice.

Silaviana or whatever your name is, you did not make a good impression on the community by making your first post a suggestion about adding sex to the game. Please leave, come back under a different name, and ignore this topic. Be a normal member of the community. There is still hope.

I am fine as is .

But i am not normal so what do i know .

[quote=“Valpo, post:92, topic:7983”]I am fine as is .

But i am not normal so what do i know .[/quote]
There’s a difference between normal member of the community and normal member of society. Most of us are abnormal by society’s standards simply because we play an obscure game with text for graphics.

i am using Mshocks 32 cause i do not like ascii at all.

My point stands.

HOW IS THIS THREAD STILL GOING!?!

I see no reason to close it. Just let it die .

Thanks, Granade, changing it! (For record only, the original post was myself quoting FunsizeNinja123 post above. Sorry about that, not doing it again.)

So, about the less controversial and noped parts of the idea… in other words, children.

My problem with it is mainly, the gestation and birth cycle is different depending of the character’s sex. If you character is a male(and Cataclysm’s future being one where technology don’t allow a man to be pregnant, etc, etc…)(quick change here, your character can be a woman in this case as well, just not pregnant. 2am, leaving…), you will have through… three seasons? a Female NPC Companion to take care of during a post-apocalyptic future. She will need to have more food, care and protection, since as the gestation goes, more and more resources of her body are there to take care of the baby, not herself.

But being a female, you are the character who will need protection of another NPC(same-sex or other-sex couple) through three seasons. You are the character who will have strange needs, burst of behavior change and needs. And as we can see, going around surviving in the Cataclysm is a serious healthy risk, so…

…conclusion: remembering that we won’t see any kind of infrastructure regarding sex in the game, pregnancy could be, in a future when NPCs are more fleshed out, included as a Challenge scenario? Starting the game as part of the couple and having to deal with it, the Mission system could be used to the needs of yourself/your partner. And also, man’s pregnancy to make this equal, independently of how’s your character(as possible). Also, some small time skip passing through the more boring final parts of the gestation.

And, of course, the babies. It doesn’t even have to be a baby, i… don’t know about the community’s opinion about children in game, but let’s suppose that nope, no living children either. In this case, the question is not about “ok, taking care of children”, but “taking care of a developing NPC”.

One game that’s the blazing example of doing good work with IA is the Creatures series, where the player take care and teach… creatures :p… how to survive and take care of each other. BUT the IA itself was an amazing case of using Artificial Neuron Nets(it was the nineties!), and i don’t know about how much work it would take to use as a base in Cataclysm:DDA, except that it would be at least, a lot.

But for the sake of discussing, having a developing NPC(animal companion, robotic growing module, human child, you choose) would be a BIG Challenge, for years and years in-game as it grows and becomes a fully fleshed NPC, with quirks, experiences and abilities. At start, it would need lots of care and careful planning, since it’s wouldn’t be able to fend by itself well and it would be learning about how to do stuff, but as time passes, it could make you proud :smiley:

Or die because of a turret, or a Nether spawn, or fire or… well, you got the idea.

It’s nearly 2am for me, so i will develop it better later. Opinions? If this thread will be closed, i will create a new topic for this.

OI! posting controversial opinions isn’t against the rules, but content-less quote-spam is, cut it out.