Slime pit toggle

If you’re not going to let us destroy them, at least let us turn them off.

Try Classic mode for now.

I suppose full-out everything-toggleable worldgen might be an idea but i for one don’t plan on implementing it anytime soon.

This begs the question, can you kill slime pits?

[quote=“KA101, post:2, topic:6288”]Try Classic mode for now.

I suppose full-out everything-toggleable worldgen might be an idea but i for one don’t plan on implementing it anytime soon.[/quote]Why should we have to give up more than half the game to avoid a single annoying feature? And why, of all the other spawn points, do slime pits have to be unkillable?

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:3, topic:6288”]This begs the question, can you kill slime pits?[/quote]AFAIK, no, unless it’s been fixed in a recent experimental.

why not build a stone wall to the entrance to the pit?

Slimes will spawn around it.

Slimes will spawn around it.[/quote]Yeah, critters don’t actually spawn IN their respective homes, they spawn nearby.

Do nukes work?

[quote=“RAM, post:8, topic:6288”]Do nukes work?[/quote]Haven’t tried but I sincerely doubt it; the reason slime pits are unkillable is because they don’t have a creature with a QUEEN tag attached to them. For example Triffid Groves have the Triffid heart, Ant Hills have the Ant Queen, Fungals have the Fungal Spire, etc. which when killed causes that particular nest’s population to eventually die off.

Is the whole queen death thing in a working state to where that would be a legitimate option? If so I have a candidate queen slime I could drop in there…

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:10, topic:6288”]Is the whole queen death thing in a working state to where that would be a legitimate option? If so I have a candidate queen slime I could drop in there…[/quote]YES KEVIN YES!!! PLEASE KEVIN PLEASE!!!

Just PR’ed a simple fix for this.

[quote=“Rivet, post:12, topic:6288”]Just PR’ed a simple fix for this.[/quote]SWEET! Now we just need a guaranteed brain blob to spawn at the bottom so we can shut those fuckers down!

Have you tried setting all of the slime tiles on the surface on fire? Slime burns very well. You do have to use one lighter charge for every section of slime that isn’t connected to another bit; the fire won’t jump over non-slime tiles.

It works for me.

[quote=“Izicata, post:14, topic:6288”]Have you tried setting all of the slime tiles on the surface on fire? Slime burns very well. You do have to use one lighter charge for every section of slime that isn’t connected to another bit; the fire won’t jump over non-slime tiles.

It works for me.[/quote]Idk, I’m pretty sure that destroying the slime pit itself isn’t sufficient, because the the slime pit itself doesn’t spawn the slime. At least I don’t believe so.

Yeah, after actually testing it, I think you’re right. Must have just been a placebo effect.