Skillbook to PDF

With decent computer skill and the right parts, build a scanner to convert.

Maybe find them in libraries and electronics stores.

Now you can keep your book collection on PDA!

Thoughts?

Would love to see this implemented!

Would certainly make the PDA more of what it can be, besides a lousy flashlight.

PDAs are largely obsolete even today, no?

part of why pdas wont have every book ever is balance.

part is that most ebooks are shallow in nature. i.e. yes some etextbooks exist, but that drops off at about gameequivalent of level 5 or 6. second half of bachlors or first half of grad school.

another is the digital storage after the apoc is meh. the cloud is poofed, the intrawebs is gutted in cdda, and the interwebs is not even talked about. laptops exist for electronic parts, and consoles are just fancy indoor plants

[quote=“pisskop, post:4, topic:12525”]PDAs are largely obsolete even today, no?

part of why pdas wont have every book ever is balance.

part is that most ebooks are shallow in nature. i.e. yes some etextbooks exist, but that drops off at about gameequivalent of level 5 or 6. second half of bachlors or first half of grad school.

another is the digital storage after the apoc is meh. the cloud is poofed, the intrawebs is gutted in cdda, and the interwebs is not even talked about. laptops exist for electronic parts, and consoles are just fancy indoor plants[/quote]

Find Book, Find PDA, Find Scanner tool, Pay a massive cost in battery power based on how many pages the book contains
Result; Book is now stored on SD card to be used on a E-Ink or PDA

what’s the internet gotta do with this suggestion?

While a nice idea to compact a book library (while making it cost energy to read or use?) and gives a use to one or two over-wise useless ‘unload battery and convert to part’ items; i get the feeling it just wouldn’t work out

Like, even a not particularly advanced or expensive modern smartphone can store hundreds of books. There’s no reason storage should be an issue.

I’m totally on board with this. It doesn’t cause any balance issues (you still need to find all the books the hard way). It just lets you compress them down so they take up less room.