Shop Vaccuum

The thought popped into my head recently and can’t help but think it seems like a good idea. I could be wrong, maybe it would mess up game mechanics. Maybe there’s already a different feature that does it that I’m just not aware of, but anyway.

A shop vaccuum item. That you can use on the ground in places where you’ve spilled gas/bleach/vinegar/ammonia/etc in order to recover it. Obviously can only hold one fluid type at a time. Runs on batteries and has something like 24 unit capacity. Semi-rare spawn in hardware stores.

Yes, no, maybe so? I’ll try to see I can make it myself without too much work.

Liking this idea. sooo many times when it would have been useful. maybe have some item loss from contaminated fluids. 400 gassoline on the ground becomes 350 in the shop vac, etc

After filtering, probably no more than 50% recovered at most; we’ve specifically shot down using a mop to recover liquid but the shop vac is a new idea.

I’m still not seeing how this is going to allow for your fluids to become usable after being contaminated by the ground. I mean sure I can see something if maybe you upend a whole keg of something, but even a gallon of something isn’t really going to be retrievable in any usable amounts after you’ve dumped it onto the ground.

Sounds neat. 50% effectiveness sounds good too, but maybe that effectiveness could vary depending on where it spills? liquids spilled on a concrete floor are probably easier to pick up than liquids spilled onto grassy dirt.

Nevertheless, it’ll still spread rather thin, so yeah, i2amroy’s right. 10% effectiveness might be closer to reality and even that could be too much.

Gasoline in particular my be !!FUN!! to run through a shopvac…

Nevertheless, it’ll still spread rather thin, so yeah, i2amroy’s right. 10% effectiveness might be closer to reality and even that could be too much.[/quote]Albeit, what about that gasoline(65000)?
We should emulate liquids dispersing around based on floor terrain as well.

Depends on the ground, in RL. Not sure if it’s possible to program it into the game, easily at least, a difference between liquids spilled on different terrain. If it’s been split on a concrete or metal floor there’s not a huge amount of contaminants. Compared to dirt where the shop vac shouldn’t’ even be usable.

Clean water could always turn to regular water when split, that way when you gather it back it’s still contaminated. Bleach/ammonia/vinegar are cleaning agents though, depending on the surface type, some amount should be salvageable.

Semi-related, realize this would be a BIG thing to add in, but adding a cleanliness system to the game would be interesting. Needing to keep your cleanliness up or take small health penalties. A morale bonus for staying extra clean. System could be used on terrain to determine contamination loss. So if a character bleaches a metal floor, something spilled there could be almost entirely recovered by a shop vac. – But yeah know that would be a huge thing to add in, so don’t really expect it xD

Nevertheless, it’ll still spread rather thin, so yeah, i2amroy’s right. 10% effectiveness might be closer to reality and even that could be too much.[/quote]Albeit, what about that gasoline(65000)?
We should emulate liquids dispersing around based on floor terrain as well.[/quote]

I can almost taste the !FUN! of accidentally dropping a can of gasoline around the campfire.

Well, on a dirt floor it should probably only soak the tile it lands on, maybe immediately adjacent tiles only. On a concrete floor however…
Prepare for disco inferno.

Syringes maybe? Sure wold take some time but better than nothing.