Recover Liquid on Ground

Currently, there is no way to recover liquid (except having a bathtub or toilet on the spot). So I suggest, let us put the mop into more functionality; I would like to have a mop that recovers the liquid on the ground since in reality, we can squeeze the mop IRL to get water on the ground. Though it could not recover every bit of liquid because some would spread in the ground or could not be extracted out of the mop, so 30% or whatever% could only be recovered.

This makes the mop a necessity in Cataclysym (Which will be false if ever such things exist).
I wish this may be implied in the game so we cannot worry that much accidentally spilling in liquids.

But of course, let’s make an addition. When clean water is recovered by mop, it will become water which is not good to drink. The same thing with other drinks; drinking them may be poisonous or decrease morale.

That’s all.

[quote=“jdoy11, post:1, topic:9711”][spoiler]Currently, there is no way to recover liquid (except having a bathtub or toilet on the spot). So I suggest, let us put the mop into more functionality; I would like to have a mop that recovers the liquid on the ground since in reality, we can squeeze the mop IRL to get water on the ground. Though it could not recover every bit of liquid because some would spread in the ground or could not be extracted out of the mop, so 30% or whatever% could only be recovered.

This makes the mop a necessity in Cataclysym (Which will be false if ever such things exist).
I wish this may be implied in the game so we cannot worry that much accidentally spilling in liquids.

But of course, let’s make an addition. When clean water is recovered by mop, it will become water which is not good to drink. The same thing with other drinks; drinking them may be poisonous or decrease morale.

That’s all.[/spoiler][/quote]

I agree with this idea. There has been many a time when i have accidentally spilled something and couldn’t recover any of it.

If you’re going for realism, it would depend on the surface, and on the liquid. Nothing spilled on porous surfaces should be recoverable. Nothing that is only usable in pure form (i.e. chemicals) should be recoverable. Basically once you eliminate those things you’re just hoping to implement the ability to sponge up water from a sheer surface, which doesn’t seem to be worth the trouble of implementing.

That’s nice. But if we’re going to be that realistic, we should add weather as a factor of recovery. Liquid would evaporate if sunny, it will freeze if snowing I guess (though taking a solid water or other once-liquid is easier).

E and game asks "Do you want to lick the Purifier from ground?"
Would like to point out, that we CAN drink from toilet so this wouldn’t be so far fetched.

I thought mops/towels already let you recover liquids?

They just remove the liquid from the ground and it disappears.

[quote=“troll from behind, post:5, topic:9711”]E and game asks "Do you want to lick the Purifier from ground?"
Would like to point out, that we CAN drink from toilet so this wouldn’t be so far fetched.[/quote]

That’s not the point though. I mean, who would do such an act IRL? It is not generally just for drink, but also for fuel which are undrinkable.

The main point is to recover liquid not to lick on the ground.

And also, what is bad from drinking purified once-toilet water? As disgusting as it sounds as long as it is thoroughly purified, drinking it is perfectly fine.

It wouldn’t make sense to recover any sensible amounts of liquid from the ground. Maybe from waxed floor or something like that, but not from pavement and especially not from dirt.

speaking of which, Wouldn’t it be nice if liquids actually got absorbed into the ground overtime?

speaking of which, Wouldn’t it be nice if liquids actually got absorbed into the ground overtime?[/quote]

Or evaporated or got washed away when it rains.

speaking of which, Wouldn’t it be nice if liquids actually got absorbed into the ground overtime?[/quote]

Or evaporated or got washed away when it rains.[/quote]

Hmm… If I am not mistaken, pavement is concrete and concrete doesn’t absorb every liquid poured upon it; a decrease in the recoverable liquid. Add the weather and it will decrease even more. IRL, I do not expect to recover much from the spilled liquid so the amount will be very few.

Nevertheless, recovering liquid still would be nice even with such factors.