Liquid dilemma

I’ve got this “liquid problem”.
Situation looks like this. I’ve accidentally dropped acid water on tile where open door was and now when i try to close them “there’s acid water in the way!” line pops up…
It seems I can’t pick up a liquid as game told me. So my question is- Is there a way to get rid of this acid water off the floor?

I hope you can bear with my clanky english and thanks for any help in advance.

mop

What Ekarus said, you can use a mop to clean all sorts of spilled liquid like water, juice, blood and acid.

Hah. That was pretty predictable solution but still wouldnt figured it out by myself :slight_smile: (at least until i would stumble across mop somewhere).

Looked into wiki and it seems that i cant craft mops so i’m curious if liquids evaporate with time or sink into ground couse if not i guess i’m heading out on my mop hunting journey :expressionless:

[size=8pt]You can usually find mops in places that have supply/janitor rooms. Schools, waste facilities, etc.[/size]

Having liquid evaporate or disappear into the dirt (and maybe leave a stain) would be nice.

Also doors not being blocked by some puddle on the ground would be a little step forward for this game as well ^ ^.
But i guess not many people were lucky enough to have issue like that and there are probably bigger ideas and bugs to resolve for the dev team atm.

Thanks for all the swift help btw. Cheers~

[quote=“MrIGI, post:7, topic:4339”]Also doors not being blocked by some puddle on the ground would be a little step forward for this game as well ^ ^.
But i guess not many people were lucky enough to have issue like that and there are probably bigger ideas and bugs to resolve for the dev team atm.

Thanks for all the swift help btw. Cheers~[/quote]

Right now the problem is that the game treats liquids like other objects when interacting with furniture, so 25 literof water still won’t spread out at all, and 250mL will block a door just as well as a zombie corpse.

[quote=“Taraq, post:8, topic:4339”][quote=“MrIGI, post:7, topic:4339”]Also doors not being blocked by some puddle on the ground would be a little step forward for this game as well ^ ^.

Thanks for all the swift help btw. Cheers~[/quote]

Right now the problem is that the game treats liquids like other objects when interacting with furniture, so 25 literof water still won’t spread out at all, and 250mL will block a door just as well as a zombie corpse.[/quote]

FEAR THE MIGHTY BUTTERFLY.

There probably should be some sort of vacuum tube item that allows you to suck up liquids from the ground.

I’m pretty sure this post led to a craftable mop recipe :slight_smile:

That, or the timing is uncanny :wink:

I believe it’s the former. :))
Rivet is renowned for the ability to quickly make PRs for all sorts of ideas and potential idea appear on the forums.

Riveting…

For the other side of the problem, we should probably add a check to the code for closing the door that lets it either destroy or push small items out of the way. Filing an issue to that effect now…

You can open a door, put a bear trap down, and then close a door too. Should either set off the trap or block the door.