Shoes' Temperature mod

Yeah, it’s currently just a label based on how old an item is. Mainly because I’m a lazy bastard and never got around to actually doing anything with that feature.

It would be nice if hot foods rotted quicker and cold ones stayed fresh longer.

Update Feb 15th : Pushed some changes and another morale fix.

• My first attempt at the morale fix was incomplete. Now, for cold, morale loss is a maximum of 22 for the total body, and then 44 for very cold, and 66 for freezing.
  • I added some frostbite code, so you can get frostnip or frostbite, causing pain as you warm up. Also added some messages
  • Added one in 200 chance for the player to complain about temperature. At the moment, it’s very simple (and the player may over complain at the moment…)

Also updated the original post with a few other things.

Update Feb 20th :

• Player should no longer be spammed about being cold/hot
  • Calculations have been redone. Freezing in above-freezing temps should be a thing of the past! I hope.
  • Items have been added, warmth values have been tweaked.

Today i got strange results from being near a fire. And i think it’s somehow related.
The initial setup: In the field there was 3 deep pits filed with some zombie corpses, and some stuff scattered around. I was like 10-15 tiles from those pits, and threw a molotov on it.
Immediately upon fire started i got +10 pain, All hot effects and like -200 morale. Thought i’m on fire, but there was no visible damage to body parts or clothing. Had to run away a bit, until effects ceased. Afterwards i walked around and noticed, that if i approach fires from the south, i will suddenly get all-hot despite being relatively far (~10 tiles from fire). If i did approach from the east or west side - distance was shorter, like maybe 5 tiles. Outside temp was 10C, and i was wearing some clothing. And gas-mask, so that’s not from smoke i suppose.
Also i would report strange in-doors behavior, when my hands were “getting cold” despite temperature was around 14C and i was wearing fingerless gloves (In fact, i’m wearing this kind of gloves every day, and it’s about -6C in my country now - no “penalties to dexterity observed”). Sorry, but something isn’t quite right with temperatures in-game.

P.S> Similar behavior observed when crafting one tile away from fireplace - being S of fire makes my character hot, while being E or W of it - doesn’t.

P.S.2> Fire burning for 10 hours now… and i found a spot W of pits, where i can approach as close as 2 tiles. And E keeps me from >5, by raising PAIN. What’s that, hot wind of some kind?

What build of the game are you playing? My temp code was bonkers for a while with numbers, but since then it has been fixed. Fire only gets taken into account when you are 6 tiles away, any more than that … and I don’t know what to tell you! Also, the distance calculation was “wrong” as well, which would make approaching at an angle was different than head on.

The fact you were getting -200 morale (oops!) means you were playing an older version of the mod. Morale due to temps is now capped at like -80 I think. It’s worse than being full blown wet, but not as bad as killing your own mother.

I think my mod will be merged into the main repo tonight. And soon after a new version will be announced on the forums. However, you can always get a sneak peek here : https://github.com/TheDarklingWolf/Cataclysm-DDA

Thanks for the feedback!

Compiled from git, commit number was e87b72d3bec8f6d1510a683f44b81f1ea5e845c0
I see. So i gonna do clean build now, and hope it fixes all the strange stuff. Thank you.

P.S. maybe someone knows, roughly how long a pit filed with like 5 zombie corpses should burn?

5 Body burny burny? They warm you long time.

I just wanted to clear the mess, u know…

Acid works much better.

So temp is surely broken again. There’s should be no frostbites, if i sleep inside shelter @ 16C. It’s waaaay of.

Ur that bug was totally my fault. Feel free to beat me upon the head. Not shoes fault at all, a simple typo.

Due to temps being re-scaled, new games have to be started. 500units used to be the norm, now it is 5000units.

Shoes. Add nail rifles.

Ok, if you don’t stop going around spamming like this I’m going to mute you.

I just want the nail rifles. ;.;

Yes, you’ve mentioned in many times now :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ll probably add them at some point, I’m doing new weapons at the moment.

[quote=“The Darkling Wolf, post:57, topic:128”]Yes, you’ve mentioned in many times now :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ll probably add them at some point, I’m doing new weapons at the moment.[/quote]
Seriously though it does kind of sound smart. Maybe use a two by four, a nail gun, some construction skill. Fire arms. Insert more random requirements here. I would use it.

Many thanks for fixing it :slight_smile:

So now I don’t wear clothes, I burn them to stay warm.