Some little suggestions. (Updated)

1.(±) Wet clothes.
If clothes made from cotton or wool, it becomes wet on rain. Wet clothes have less “warmth” attribute. Clothing is fast becoming dry under the sunlight or near a fire. In other cases slowly. Lightweight (sneakers) shoes becomes wet if you walk in the rain.
2.(±) Walking in the shoes hurt feet without socks.
3.(±) Shoes wear out quickly. (Of course boots slower than Sneakers)
4.(±) Socks wear out faster than shoes.
5.(~+) Hoodie covering the head.
6.(+) Boals Bolas (Made of strings and stones. Slowdown enemy) :

7. Getting Sheet of glass from windows.
#Updated#
8. Less wild animal and more hard hunting. Survive become easy.
9. Blink character @ green background if he dodge.
10. Ability to drain gasoline from the car with a rubber hose.
11. Circular illumination from light sources. (In mod “Metal Gear Solid” is looks good)
12. Illuminate the the area for one turn during a storm.
13. Flares. (Shoot them up and they light up a large area)
14. Arrows and spears (maybe knives too?) remain in the body of the victim, instead of falling to the ground.
15. Ranged combat skills rising when using them for real purposes. (Just to level 2 with the shooting at the ground). Too easy to learn archery and throwing.
16. For ranged combat skills amount of experience depends on the firing range.
17. Sharpening cutting weapon. Dulling when using it.
18. Zombie pheromone causing nearby zombies to become neutral, but not friendly.
19. Remove the endless water in toilets

you must be new. that’s cool, welcome! I think I can help with most of these:

1. Being wet drops your morale horrifically. most of the time you can’t craft for almost an hour afterwards. it’s imperfect but represents wet cloths. it also makes you cold for some time afterwards. drying is an overall effect and could be refined, but as is works like you’ve suggested.

2. that’s just brutal. maybe a hardcore mode feature.

3. shoes in general wear out pretty quick in combat. again, outside of combat wear would be a hardcore feature: if the code could be made to do this.

4. see 3, same thing.

5. Shoe is working on this i believe, it’ll probably be in sometime in the furture. in the meantime find a balaclava, they’re SWEET.

6. umm, pretty useful actually as a cheap way to survive a brute/hulk encounter early on, +1 for support!

7. you can currently get panes of glass from windows (if this is what you’re asking), just disassemble the window with a screwdriver and hammer i believe.

[quote=“Reaper, post:1, topic:1270”]6. Boals (Made of strings and stones. Slowdown enemy) :
7. Getting Sheet of glass from windows.[/quote]
1-5) These are pretty straightforward, I’d enjoy the increased realism of clothes wearing out and having more conditions, (Such as drenched in blood, or wet, etc) I’d like to see more of a reason to replace clothes other than accidental disintegration due to extensive melee combat, over abundance of molotovs, or tripping into a pool of acid.
6) I believe these are spelled as Bolas, but I definitely support this, it shouldn’t be too hard to add either.
7) As mentioned previously, you need a hammer and screwdriver, then use the ‘*’(Construction) + ‘E’ (Deconstruct Furniture) to disassemble them.
Edit: A quick test verifies that you have to open the blinds/curtains before you can deconstruct a window.

1. About it, I do not know. Thanks:)

1)As people have mentioned this is already in the game, though it could definitely use a rebalance/look at to better get it in line with reality. Maybe when a potential morale rework comes through we can refactor that as well.

2)I’m for this, though we would need to make new characters start with socks, and should also add a “foot wrap” sock-type item that can be made without any skills and requires a few rags that would serve the same purpose.

3)I would like to point out that shoes, even when treated hard, usually wear out pretty slowly. Even an average Wallmart cheepo pair of sneakers will usually last at least 4-6 months of heavy use before wearing out, so if we did do out of combat wear it would need to be extremely slow (maybe with potential penalties as your shoes became more worn to it’s protection/warmth bonuses).

4)Agreed.
5)Agreed.
6)Agreed, though if we added them we would probably call them “Bolas” instead of “Boals”. :stuck_out_tongue:

i2amroy
4. Sadly, but the game character usually does not live long, and if the shoes will rub off for 6 months is almost nobody will see.
6. fix:)

[quote=“Reaper, post:6, topic:1270”]i2amroy
4. Sadly, but the game character usually does not live long, and if the shoes will rub off for 6 months is almost nobody will see.
6. fix:)[/quote]

actually quite a few people can survive well into summer 2 (you start spring 1 ish) and further, so shoe’s could become quite a commodity if it were balanced properly.

We also need to remember that the average character does a lot of tramping through rubble and sharp debris over their lifetime, which really should be damaging shoes. Need to add more compelling reasons to wear boots.

apart from a ‘minor’ increase to warmth that can be circumvented with a decent pair of socks. as long as wear and tear doesn’t come down to a daily affair i’m cool with replacing footwear over time.

maybe a morale loss for not wearing socks? it’d be uncomfortable to wear shoes without socks for so long.

Add thick and thin socks.

Have steel toe boots inflict blistering without socks.
Have thin socks deteriorate in Steel toe boots.
Have Thick socks feel Comfy™

[quote=“TheRealTenman, post:10, topic:1270”]Add thick and thin socks.

Have steel toe boots inflict blistering without socks.
Have thin socks deteriorate in Steel toe boots.
Have Thick socks feel Comfy™[/quote]

why wear steel toe boots then?

justifying their existence with your suggestions. if an item is detrimental to my survival i disregard it and ignore it almost entirely.

Steel toe boots are sturdy as hell… The most sturdy boots out there, apart from some form of armour.

The downside is they are uncomfortable as hell and, if you don’t wear socks, can cause blisters quite quickly.

This is off set by socks and thicker socks wear down far slower.

Disagree. Maybe for certain shoes (heavy boots? though most boots I’ve seen haven’t been any less comfortable without socks either), but most shoes are no worse for wearing without socks, they are just a bit harder to keep clean smell-wise. Some shoes you aren’t even expected to wear socks with, after all.

GlyphGryph,
You say strange things.
I always thought that If the whole day running around in shoes without socks can quickly wipe feet.

Wool clothes stay warm even when wet. It’s part of the reason wool remains popular even with all the fancy synthetic fibers we have now.

I would love a bolas, like 1 string (6 foot).

I update the post.

Disagree. Maybe for certain shoes (heavy boots? though most boots I’ve seen haven’t been any less comfortable without socks either), but most shoes are no worse for wearing without socks, they are just a bit harder to keep clean smell-wise. Some shoes you aren’t even expected to wear socks with, after all.[/quote]

Make wearing shoes and no socks increase your smell so monsters can find you easier? For that matter, you could add bathing to reset your smell to nominal hah. That could affect morale too lol. “Mmm hot bath!” “Bleh, I stink, this sucks!” Maybe that’s a little too much realism?

ejseto
Smelly socks are usually not very much upset anyone.
Can do to become worn socks hard. It will be possible to put them in a corner or throw them.

I like “throw smelly clothes” idea, maybe rotten meat would work too.