Scale Within the Game

Someone brought up a PR that halves the move cost across most (all?) terrain. Mainly to address with the “kite zombies through bush is op/cheap” complaint. That aside, a consistence in scale across the game would be nice.

But wouldn’t that also multiply the apparent length of the day by a factor of 10?

Mostly curious.

[quote=“Ferodaktyl, post:4, topic:4997”]i think this is a subject better left alone :slight_smile:
but of course i won’t do that
according to wikipedia, average walking speed is 5000m/h, that would be 1.38m/s, or 83m/min, or 83m/10 turns, or 8.3m per turn.
So, one tile is 8.3 meters, if our chars would simply walk around. So, just don’t think about that.[/quote]

I’d cut that in half again or so since my understanding is that your character is basically always running anyway. At least that is if your characters legs havn’t been blown off or severely damaged. At least that is what I’ve heard anyway.

If I remember correctly the proposed PR rescaled movement and decreased move cost of the “difficult” terrain types, so “distance you can walk in a day” was unchanged. There was a lot of argument about that and I’m afraid I waffled about it too long, which has maybe killed the PR. I’m not totally convinced about it one way or the other, and there’s no clear consensus I could see amoung the rest of the devs either (correct me if I’m wrong).

Which PR was that?