How long is 1 tile in the game

I posted it here cause of technical help. But yeah. How long is 1 tile in the game? Id imagine itd be something like 2-3ft. So, can anyone help?

I go with the assumption that it’s about 3ft x 3ft, though there may be science done already using a car going 10[mph/kph] for 1 hour and counting the blocks. I am not really sure though hehe

Just tried it, you can cross around 25-30 map blocks with cruise control set at 9mph. Not how big the map blocks are, but I think that’s around 900 actual tiles?

Roughly a meter square yea. Please no bug reports about “bla is the wrong size” though, the game intentionally doesn’t have a precisely accurate scale, mostly due to the need to fit things into tiles.

What I’ve noticed is that the distance covered by one tile seems to be completely different in the X dimension compared to the Y dimension. Why is that?

If you fire a projectile from left to right the range looks about 1/3 of what it is when you aim up or down.

[quote=“DG123, post:5, topic:2899”]What I’ve noticed is that the distance covered by one tile seems to be completely different in the X dimension compared to the Y dimension. Why is that?

If you fire a projectile from left to right the range looks about 1/3 of what it is when you aim up or down.[/quote]

Most fonts, including those seen on this forum, are taller than they’re long. As such, when they’re used as tiles, stuff’s longer when oriented vertically. People have found several square fonts that may help–check the Bunker, I believe.

ASCII fonts are usually just letters- you’ll notice that the letters I use to type are not square, they’re taller than long.

Cata looks more coherent with square tiles, but square letters are way harder to read.

You can make tiles with letters and leave the font normal, it would be hard.

Yeah, that’s what Galen has done- which is why the tiles look better. They’re square!