Something is realy wrong with the movement speed

I was always thinking that the tile size is about 0,7 square meters or 2 square feet. It seems natural for the movement and almost all objects, building and furniture fit to this size. In my IRL-appartment refrigerator and stove is approximately 0,6x0,6 size. And the average car is usually about two meter width (4 tile in a game).
Okay, we deal with that. But when I was looting the streets, I noticed that it takes a lot of time, to walk from one house to the other one. And then realized that one step takes 6 seconds. I was encumbered, so I take off all cloth leaving just shoes (well, that still leave me encumbered). And it still was 6 seconds per move. My movement speed was 117. Normal speed is 100 - this is how much you need to make one turn. So, by the simple calculation it appears that 1 second equal to 20 move points. It seems legit for performing actions, but when it comes to movement some freaking shit starts.
So our character need 5-6 second to walk 2 feet. Is he snail or what? It’s 0.22 mph (0,36 km/h). Running multiplies it by two and it still suckss. IRL avarage human walking speed is 5.0 km/h; 3.1 mph.
Okay, fine, let’s stop guessing and will use in-game “ruler” — the car speedometer. When cars speed is 10 mph (16 km/h) it moves one tile for each 6 second, and at the speed 20 mph (32 km/h) it moves 2 tiles for each 6 second. Just as character when he walk or run. Holy shit, it seems that our little bastard isn’t that slow as we though. Even contrary, he is almost as fast as the fastest man on the planet. (Usain Bolt average speed is 38.18 kmh (23.72 mph)). Let’s calculate a little. If car need a 6 second to go one tile on speed 10 mph (16 km/h), it appears that the one tile size equals 4,4 square meter (14,5 square feet). Great, looks like truth. Oh, those 13 meters long bycycles and 9 meter long beds. That’s what I actually see in GIANTS world.
It’s all looks scewed up.

I will send proofpics later.

thats why you should avoid looking at speed and size at games where you have tiles or blocks
look at civilization, your army need few years to travel 1 tile but arrows travel more instantly

[quote=“Arek_PL, post:2, topic:11532”]thats why you should avoid looking at speed and size at games where you have tiles or blocks
look at civilization, your army need few years to travel 1 tile but arrows travel more instantly[/quote]
It took me a few to realize you meant CiV instwad of CIV. I had my own example of distorted size/speed with DF and its patented Dwarven sized stais/tunnels that Bronze colossi can fit into.

in cataclysm tanbot can fit into small car just like human do too

And then there is the tank drone, and other similar large entities.

At some point I’m planning on adjusting the standard turn to be one second instead of 6, movement and combat will take the same number of moves, so will effectively get 6x faster. Crafting and other long actions are mostly going to stay scaled to minutes as they are now, so they won’t increase in speed.

As for walking vs driving etc, we have no intention of trying to make the numbers come out to be consistent, the size of a tile is intentionally arbitrary to give us some slack when balancing and making map features work.