ROA: Red's Odd Additions (Mod)

–This is my attempt at making a derpy, strange, yet (hopefully) fun mod! It’s in its super early alpha version, so much of it is placeholders thus far, and some stuff would need to be DEBUGed into the game, but if you feel like trying out the little bit I have here, feel free to do so!
–Here is the Github page for ROA: Official ROA
–To get to the latest version, click ‘branch: master’ then click on the version branch you wish to get. Click ‘Red’s-Odd-Additions.zip’ and ‘view raw’ to download.

Between balancing, adding and (maybe) deleting stuff, changing recipes, and more, lot’s of things are going to change in time. Things might become less OP, or they might because more powerful. Monsters will change, and more will be added. Lots of what will happen is unknown, as I’m largely making this up as I go.
This is the changelog, which will be updated every time a new version comes out.

Changelog

BTW, the little smiley face I put next to stuff is basically how I ‘check off’ stuff.

Version 0.0.4

–Added the Lv. 20 Plutonium Dragon (Totally not from Munchkin Quest)
–I’m starting to figure out how monster drops work so that you can get some of the gear from monsters themselves. Now the floating brick drops a brick! The Lv. 20 Plutonium dragon also drops plutonium scales, however it is also able to one-shot you… I might turn the difficulty down a bit. Maybe.
–Essence of noob is now craftable. It will (probably) always be made of rags.
–Lots of the ‘basic’ essences are going to be made out of different (although still easy to get) items. Essence of bash is from a rock, essence of cutting is made of a shard of glass, essence of bacon is made out of mutated poppy (Placeholder until I find the ID for bacon and jerky), essence of elementals is made out of mutated poppy, bluebell, rock, heavy stick, some flesh (animal, zombie, or human), nomex patch, leather patch, and a rag.
–Essences of bash, cutting, and bacon fabrication skill set to 0.
–Plutonium scale no longer craftable.

Version 0.0.5

–Added full plutonium set :slight_smile:
–Added plutonium sword :slight_smile:
–Changed stats for existing plutonium gear :slight_smile:
–Added hel staff :slight_smile:
–Added fire charges :slight_smile:
–Slightly nerfed Lv. 20 Plutonium Dragon. Added anger triggers. Added more flags. :slight_smile:
–Added Lv. 10 Plutonium Dragon. :slight_smile:
–Nerfed Stick of Heroism :slight_smile:
–Added fake mustache :slight_smile:
–Added tough leather patches :slight_smile:
–Changed color of several items :slight_smile:
–Added bacon bag :slight_smile:
–Renamed some files :slight_smile:
–Changed some material stats :slight_smile:
–Added bacon robes :slight_smile:
–Rename, Altered, and changed a LOT of stuff :slight_smile:

Feel free to make suggestions on things like weight, damage, resistance, and new items! Understand that some items are meant to be stupidly hard to get once I better understand monsters, their loot drops, and other things aside.

3 Likes

Here is a picture including all of the current content (not all of it is on Github just yet):

The ‘B’ outside is a floating brick (neutral monster) and the ‘T’ is the tickle monster (already on Github. Is counted as hostile but does no damage). Everything inside the evac shelter is items in-game

For anyone who’s willing to help me out with learning json, here is my thread for that: How do I mod the game?

1 Like

Some update info for when V 0.0.4 comes out
–Added the Lv. 20 Plutonium Dragon (Totally not from Munchkin Quest)
–I’m starting to figure out how monster drops work so that you can get some of the gear from monsters themselves. Now the floating brick drops a brick! The Lv. 20 Plutonium dragon also drops plutonium scales, however it is also able to one-shot you… I might turn the difficulty down a bit. Maybe.
–Essence of noob is now craftable. It will (probably) always be made of rags.
–Lots of the ‘basic’ essences are going to be made out of different (although still easy to get) items. Essence of bash is from a rock, essence of cutting is made of a shard of glass, essence of bacon is made out of mutated poppy (Placeholder until I find the ID for bacon and jerky), essence of elementals is made out of mutated poppy, bluebell, rock, heavy stick, some flesh (animal, zombie, or human), nomex patch, leather patch, and a rag.
–Essences of bash, cutting, and bacon fabrication skill set to 0.
–Plutonium scale no longer craftable.

I’d love suggestions for what different items should be made of.

–From now on, all the change logs I have will be put on the first post BTW, if you didn’t notice that before. Man, working on Version 0.0.5 really taught me a lot more stuff, I’m glad to have added so much more knowledge! When I can (If I remember), I’ll add a picture or two here of the Hel staff in action. It’s freaking awesome! It’s not craftable just yet, but dang is it nice.

It’s your project and all, but it’s more common to commit the individual text files into github than a zip file. I have no idea what’s in the zip file without downloading it, and I’d like to know what’s in it before I download it.

Also, it’s extremely common to merge your development branches back into your master, and then tag your releases. Not everyone does it that way, of course, but that’s what people expect. If they go into a repo and see an empty master branch, that usually means that it’s not being developed.

1 Like

Well, I find it easier to do it how I am. I’m fine with putting in the individual files, I simply thought it would be more convenient and expected to do it as I have. I guess I could shove each version onto my master branch too, but I don’t really understand how to take stuff off of it.

I would look at how BorkBorkGoesTheCode has the repo set up: https://github.com/BorkBorkGoesTheCode/Odds-N-Ends-mod-prototype

json text is visible from the browser, but you can go to the releases tab to get the tarballs or zip files for easy downloading.

Also, what do you mean by “take stuff out of it”? If you want to delete lines from a file, just make the change and commit/push the changed file into your repository.

you are on the same line as me for your mod…

although im focusing on adding rare, powerful weapons for player to find in their world…

plutonium dagger, one can stab satan with that :smile:

That’s one strange way to use github…I’ll check this out, thanks for bringing it up from the depths Ricky_Van.

no problem… thanks for helping me solving the fatal problem on my mod (item-group mistake)