Removing Construction

How do I do this? Specifically I have some log walls I’ve put up that I want to add windows to. I suppose I could set the section on fire and control it with a fire extinguisher, but the risk is too high and I don’t know how long it would burn.

You can smash log walls down, generally a sledgehammer is necessary, but if you’re strong enough you can use any decent bashing tool, alternatively you can use the bionic Sonic Resonator, explosives, or fire, in order of risk.

Oh, derp. I thought I tried it and it said “there is nothing there” but I just tried again and it works. Thanks.

Is there a way to make garage doors by any chance?

You can build a palisade gate and then use a rope and pulley system to raise and lower them.

Jackhammers can knock them down too, right?

You can get them from mines and farms.

Metal barriers like doors to misc. bunkers, reinforced stationaries… Anyone?

Pipe bombs.

I figured out why it said “there is nothing there” you apparently can’t smash a half finished one. So I finished building it, then broke it down with a sledge, now I have plenty of firewood for the small mountain of meat I maintain from butchering pests while building.

Huh, so there is a use for sledges. Good to know. I never bothered picking them up because they were so slow.

When I J-Hammered out some walls (one Log and one plain, both Constructed, shoveling out the rubble only gave me 2 Rocks each. Might be worth checking on that.

[quote=“KA101, post:9, topic:1491”]Huh, so there is a use for sledges. Good to know. I never bothered picking them up because they were so slow.

When I J-Hammered out some walls (one Log and one plain, both Constructed, shoveling out the rubble only gave me 2 Rocks each. Might be worth checking on that.[/quote]
You don’t have to actually use sledges, they just are nice since they have such high bashing stats.

Also yeah, there is quite a bit of imbalance with rubble/deconstructing things right now that needs to be looked at.

Was it a normal J hammer or the ‘special’ one?

Both could’ve been cursed by eldrich forces.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:11, topic:1491”]Was it a normal J hammer or the ‘special’ one?

Both could’ve been cursed by eldrich forces.[/quote]

This was a Jack. I’ve used both and they seem about the same, so I use J-Hammer interchangeably.