Is that possible to buid a window like the gun shop one?

i want a window which is hard to break but with light through, just like the gun shop onces,

is that possible?

Not yet, as I didn’t add a construction option when I made those. Give me a day or two to get the pull request in. :slight_smile:

thx a lot ~

They’ve got bars on them right? I just gave up trying to get in after the first few I saw were locked up pretty tight. I think i’ll roam back and take a look at a few in the town i’m near and see if they make good strongholds to clear out towns

They are excellent strongholds. For getting in the metal doors are pickable and an acetylene torch will cut right through the metal bars on the windows.

It’s a great spot to start out, too.

if you are clever and quick enough you can make use of a hulk or brute to smash through a wall before you kite them into a house and lose em to loot the succulent guns inside

With decent strength and a reinforced baseball bat, reinforced homewrecker, or reinforced sledgehammer, you can smash through the very walls themselves.
I like to smash in through the firing range, as it gives me two points of escape if anything gets in.

[quote=“iceball3, post:7, topic:8421”]With decent strength and a reinforced baseball bat, reinforced homewrecker, or reinforced sledgehammer, you can smash through the very walls themselves.
I like to smash in through the firing range, as it gives me two points of escape if anything gets in.[/quote]

I don’t know if I was just unlucky but I busted the wall next to the front door and wall right next to the gun range and the whole ceiling collapsed…smash with care

[quote=“Nopkar, post:8, topic:8421”][quote=“iceball3, post:7, topic:8421”]With decent strength and a reinforced baseball bat, reinforced homewrecker, or reinforced sledgehammer, you can smash through the very walls themselves.
I like to smash in through the firing range, as it gives me two points of escape if anything gets in.[/quote]

I don’t know if I was just unlucky but I busted the wall next to the front door and wall right next to the gun range and the whole ceiling collapsed…smash with care[/quote]Rule of thumb, only smash walls with two immediately adjacent walls, doors don’t count. A lot less risky that way, with corner wall bits being the safest in my experience.

[quote=“iceball3, post:9, topic:8421”][quote=“Nopkar, post:8, topic:8421”][quote=“iceball3, post:7, topic:8421”]With decent strength and a reinforced baseball bat, reinforced homewrecker, or reinforced sledgehammer, you can smash through the very walls themselves.

I don’t know if I was just unlucky but I busted the wall next to the front door and wall right next to the gun range and the whole ceiling collapsed…smash with care[/quote]Rule of thumb, only smash walls with two immediately adjacent walls, doors don’t count. A lot less risky that way, with corner wall bits being the safest in my experience.[/quote]

Slightly OT, I actually smashed like three adjacent sections of wall when converting my house’s pantry to a metal shop (to make it feasible to drive my bike into it), and while nothing bad happened, I didn’t realise how dangerous it was. I might avoid doing that next time.

How do you actually bash in a wall when you have a sledgehammer?

i recently started in a gun shop and though zombjes would see me they had no way to get inside.
when i open the metal back door, can i again close it? i mean will it still be locked for others?

one time i was in a bank followed by a horde. suddenly the northern wall of the meeting room i was i collapsed. outside stood more zombies. guess they ‘removed’ wall tiles causing the collapse of the wall.

Just equip the sledgehammer and use the regular “smash” (s) action. As for metal doors, you can close © them and zombies will have a much harder time getting through them than they would wooden doors.

Until a zombie bangs on them and sets off the alarm. Then an eyebot snaps a picture of you and a copbot comes down. Then the copbot starts banging on the windows, calling more eyebots, who call more copbots, who bang on the windows to call more eyebots, until there’s an eyebot every 2-3 spaces in the entire reality bubble and an army of policebots waiting outside for you.

I uh, had bad luck trying to settle in a gunshop a few weeks ago in one of the builds where zombies and robots didn’t fight.

Whereas now you wake up to piles of robot scraps and batteries outside!

Until a zombie bangs on them and sets off the alarm. Then an eyebot snaps a picture of you and a copbot comes down. Then the copbot starts banging on the windows, calling more eyebots, who call more copbots, who bang on the windows to call more eyebots, until there’s an eyebot every 2-3 spaces in the entire reality bubble and an army of policebots waiting outside for you.

I uh, had bad luck trying to settle in a gunshop a few weeks ago in one of the builds where zombies and robots didn’t fight.[/quote]
Imagine the IRL version.

[quote=“iceball3, post:7, topic:8421”]With decent strength and a reinforced baseball bat, reinforced homewrecker, or reinforced sledgehammer, you can smash through the very walls themselves.

I don’t know about baseball bat or homewreaker but a sledgehammer with good strength works really good. And with hydraulic muscles CBM you can smash through walls using any reinforced weapon with a good bash but I don’t use that bionic for smashing through walls, sonic resonator is better but causes the ceiling to collapse (if you’re inside the building), idk what’ll happen if you use it in labs though.

Jackhammer’s the best (if you use electric vehicles like me then it would run almost indefinitely if you loot a gas station or have a good supply of gas), since it can smash right through solid rock in one go, I used it to expand my basement and smash through those locked doors (and reinforced glass) in the labs because the console was behind the reinforced glass.

Labs tend to be made very solid so there is only a very slim chance of something falling on top of you, but just to be sure: Only use the sonic resonator CBM on the reinforced glass in the labs, because it doesn’t support the ceiling

I uh, had bad luck trying to settle in a gunshop a few weeks ago in one of the builds where zombies and robots didn’t fight.[/quote]
Imagine the IRL version.[/quote]

Good thing you have a gun and a bullet then!