Reinforced Atomic Cargo Pants (Rechargable)

The new salvage system, while I haven’t noticed any problems with actual gameplay, is generating some wierd messages…

The most common “fake” tag seems to be Wet, but it seems like any possible adjective is being generated.

Playing on windows terminal build 2294.

Hilarious Techno-Trousers sigged for posterity!

Hmm, just got this:

“You try to salvage materials from Error: Item Missing
Could not salvage a rag”

From trying to cut a pair of reinforced boxer shorts (fits), using scissors.

The next identical item I tried to cut caused a CTD.

Is the salvaging automatically done when you cut up stuff?

It’s a replacement of the previous cutting system. Far superior as it allows you to get multiple material types, though it seems to be having some teething problems.

It looks like someone tracked down the problem already and posted a fix on github, it’s trying to print a message describing the item AFTER destroying it, meaning it’s reading essentially random data.
Use-after destroy can be a pain, because SOMETIMES it works just fine because nothing has written to it yet :confused:
Thanks for reporting :slight_smile:

When I saw the topic name, I thought: "Sweet, homemade powered armor stuff!"
Le sigh.

[quote=“Murphy, post:6, topic:7691”]When I saw the topic name, I thought: "Sweet, homemade powered armor stuff!"
Le sigh.[/quote]

Do they protect from atomic wedgies?

They do, but they don’t protect from ordinary wedgies.

They do, but they don’t protect from ordinary wedgies.[/quote]

They prolly should. Try recharging them.

reads name “Reinforced Atomic cargo pants”

thinks for a bit…

Item - Reinforced Atomic cargo pants
A personal side-project of a scientist working on the nether portal project, these pants contain a small version of the prototype portal technology. Any item placed in the pockets is actually transported to a small extradimensional space in the nether, allowing the person to transport a large amount of stuff without regard to weight or volume. However, there’s always a risk that something IN the nether might notice the portal and investigate…

Effects - these pants provide a whopping 100 volume of storage, as well as let the wearer ignore up to 50 lb of carried weight. However, there is a low chance every moment that a random nether creature will spawn next to the wearer.

When I read atomic pants + nether portal, I don’t think of a portal in the pockets.

Is that a portal to another dimension through which unspeakable horrors have escaped in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?

[quote=“Natures Witness, post:11, topic:7691”]reads name “Reinforced Atomic cargo pants”

thinks for a bit…

Item - Reinforced Atomic cargo pants
A personal side-project of a scientist working on the nether portal project, these pants contain a small version of the prototype portal technology. Any item placed in the pockets is actually transported to a small extradimensional space in the nether, allowing the person to transport a large amount of stuff without regard to weight or volume. However, there’s always a risk that something IN the nether might notice the portal and investigate…

Effects - these pants provide a whopping 100 volume of storage, as well as let the wearer ignore up to 50 lb of carried weight. However, there is a low chance every moment that a random nether creature will spawn next to the wearer.[/quote]

This needs to be an actual item.

Yes. Yes, it does.

i just checked garage because i have bug to report and see this thread

im just crying out of laughing well now i stoped but its hard to type

A quick note, the reinforced atomic cargo pants are slightly encumbering, and also provide a small amount of armor. This is due to the fact that having a plutonium reactor built into your pants necessitated also adding a lead-lined codpiece into the design for safety.

Removing this component is NOT recommended.