Rapier as a special weapon?

Since the Rapier is too flimsy for a metal tank for flames, how about we slap a few amplifier circuits on it and make it into an electric weapon? Since electric weapons are just starting…

I’d be interested in a more dungeons-of-dredmor-ish crafting system, so you could apply the “flaming” thing to any metal melee weapon using duct tape, spraycan, and tubing, or the electric template to anything with some batters and a few amplifiers, or if you have full metal armor you could apply the electric template to that to make a makeshift active defense system, but if you don’t wear anything under it… Etc. It seems like right now there’s a huge clutter of items that are all just different version of other items with the exact same modifications.

How are you going to stick amplifiers and a tazer

What we really need is a volt gun that friggin shoots electricity.
I’ve never used chain lighting CBM, but I shouldn’t have to modify my body to be the god of lighting. /enddream

[quote=“Cherry, post:4, topic:4297”]What we really need is a volt gun that friggin shoots electricity.
I’ve never used chain lighting CBM, but I shouldn’t have to modify my body to be the god of lighting. /enddream[/quote]
Arc Rifles? Tesla Cannon? Lightning Rods? Yes please.

I imagine you could get it all set up in the handle… Somehow…

Just put it on the guard. You could put batteries inside the grip, and the circuitry stuff on the inner edge of the guard with a little rubber layer so it doesn’t electrocute you.

Yup.

The ice labs should really have a liquid nitrogen gun of some sort, to round out the elemental trio.

It would be really really heavy to carry around a big enough container thingy to make that practical. And it would be used up really fast. LN2 compressor vehicle module!

I’ll be honest, I’ve been thinking of

for quite some time.

You know im pretty sure you couldn’t electrify the blade of a rapier just by placing two electrodes on the handle. I mean wont electricity just ignore the blade and travel through the shortest path in the hand guard?

Youll need to attach the other electrode in the tip and well that would made the rapier pretty useless

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:11, topic:4297”]You know im pretty sure you couldn’t electrify the blade of a rapier just by placing two electrodes on the handle. I mean wont electricity just ignore the blade and travel through the shortest path in the hand guard?

Youll need to attach the other electrode in the tip and well that would made the rapier pretty useless[/quote]

You could just insulate the guard from the blade.

ASCII Diagram time!!

||
     || <- Blade
     ||
     ||
     ||
     /\
   /^||^\ <-Hilt (The two | are the electrodes.)
  /__||__\ <- Underscores are electric tape, covered wires go through it but there's no exposed wire until it's out of the tape.
 /^^^||^^^\ <-Rest of the guard. Probably amplifier stuff in here.
/   |**|   \
    |**|   
    |**|   
    |**|   <- Grip. *s are batteries. 
    |**|   

If necessary, you could run the wire all the way up the blade, which would totally ruin it’s ability to cut but give you a really long taser. Like an actually fencing weapon. I fence, the saber weapon has an electrified blade and no electrode at the tip. Although this might be because the circuit is completed through the other person. So you might actually need a wire going up the blade. In which case you would have this (Shameless fencing plug, but it shows how the blade works. There’s a button on the tip, and it completes a circuit with the other persons lame/jacket to confirm a hit.):