Quivers?

I’m not sure if this is possible, but I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a quiver for use with archery?

The basic concept I’m thinking of is a wearable, zero-coverage item that can be loaded with, say, 20 arrows. You can wear only one quiver at a time, and so long as you have a loaded quiver equipped, your bow or crossbow will always reload from the ammunition carried in the quiver, regardless of what other ammo types you’re carrying. That way, you can carry a few types of arrow without having to choose which to use every single time you fire.

I think making it wearable may be an issue. If so, I’d suggest instead making it as a weapon mod which you can add to any bow. A bow with this mod added gains the equivalent of a magazine, and can be reloaded just like a gun, but each shot still requires as many moves as it would normally take to load and fire an unmodified bow. Switching between arrow types would require unloading and reloading the weapon.

Not a bad idea, unfortunately the reload code is already really complicated, and I don’t want to make it worse. Not your fault of course.

You bringing this up made me think of a different angle though, we could give bows different firing modes, one would be like it is now and prompts for the ammo type, and the new would be “fire previously selected arrow type” that only prompts the first time you fire. You toggle firing mode with ‘F’ by default.

How does this approach strike you?

Thanks, that option sounds good.

This sound really, really cool. I always refrain from picking up those awesome carbon arrow, because it’s a pain in the ass to type an extra key eahc time I shoot.