Quiver, how to load it with arrows?

Hi, I know this is silly, but I’ve been trying to reload, apply, drop, wear and wield my arrows into my quiver with no result. It says it can hold up to 20 arrows, so I am guessing it acts as a container like a sewing kit?

Someone please tell me how to load it or how it works, thanks!

It’s just another storage item, not really much different from a fanny pack.

Really low storage but absolutely no encumbrance.

Oh I see, thank you for the speedy response!

This is correct, it currently is just a storage item.

In the future, I’d like to make it reloadable, but that functionality is not in at the time of this writing.

[quote=“Ian Strachan, post:4, topic:3094”]This is correct, it currently is just a storage item.

In the future, I’d like to make it reloadable, but that functionality is not in at the time of this writing.[/quote]

That would be cool!

Sorry if i’m Necro this thread but only thread i found based on my question.

I’m confused with how quivers work. I made a heavy Quiver to help hold my metal arrows in. I been having trouble carrying round metal arrows since i can only hold a small amount due to its high weight, thinking a quiver would help and that it holds 80 arrows apparently i was like oh that must be how to eliminate this problem!

So i made a heavy quiver and equipped it and i see that my volume and wieght doesn’t go down at all… i try dropping arrows and picking back up… nothing. Only thing i can tell is that equipping the quiver adds 2 to my max volume?? 2??? So essentially i gained 2 volume for +1 encumbrance by equipping it? That seems completely useless.

Am i doing something wrong? Are quivers juts not fully functional yet?

I’m starting to regret making my guy start with so low of strength… (thinking i wouldn’t need much of it building around a ranger type character!) Probably will go back to fletched field arrows instead for now.

I think the long-term goal is for quivers to actually store arrows inside, but for now it’s just a weird type of storage clothing.

Small quivers are currently the better choice, as they add no encumbrance.

[quote=“Zengrath, post:6, topic:3094”]Sorry if i’m Necro this thread but only thread i found based on my question.

I’m confused with how quivers work. I made a heavy Quiver to help hold my metal arrows in. I been having trouble carrying round metal arrows since i can only hold a small amount due to its high weight, thinking a quiver would help and that it holds 80 arrows apparently i was like oh that must be how to eliminate this problem!

So i made a heavy quiver and equipped it and i see that my volume and wieght doesn’t go down at all… i try dropping arrows and picking back up… nothing. Only thing i can tell is that equipping the quiver adds 2 to my max volume?? 2??? So essentially i gained 2 volume for +1 encumbrance by equipping it? That seems completely useless.

Am i doing something wrong? Are quivers juts not fully functional yet?

I’m starting to regret making my guy start with so low of strength… (thinking i wouldn’t need much of it building around a ranger type character!) Probably will go back to fletched field arrows instead for now.[/quote]

Yeah, they’re just extra volume right now … they don’t have a load-ability to them. So they’re not much help.

Strength is pretty important for a ranger-y type character I think, the higher tier bows all need decent strength to use. I think as high as 12 Str for the big ones?

Yea i realize now looking at the arrows/bows on wiki that i should have started with more strength… oh well. But looking at the arrow wiki i see that heavy arrows work well and don’t weight nearly as much as Metal so i’m using those for now… i may make plastic arrows later but i’m 9 archery and 9 fab and i don’t see the recipe listed… is plastic arrows learned from a book maybe? hmm… EDIT: Lol i found out i can create plastic arrows by doing a F for find in crafting menu and typing plastic… no idea where its listed in crafting menus though… they seem to do much less dmg then heavy arrows though on things like bears so i think i’ll stick to those :slight_smile:

Plastic arrowheads, shafts, and arrows are in Ammo | Components.

I’m going to move the arrows themselves over to Arrows though, like every other arrow.

Heavy Wood Arrows give the best balance between weight, damage, range, & armour piercing.