Question - How do I disable flesh raptor?

Ah, okay, fair enough. I’ve only fought three and don’t know the chances are so I can certainly see that.

Roughly fifty-fifty. People found that the sludge trail left by the pupae added a cool emergent tactical element and I wanted to encourage that, so I made them not as guaranteed to pop into angry clouds.

1 Like

The sludge trail is an interesting factor - but having to confirm your way every step through them is rather maddening.

I think they should probably fade out faster (within a game hour or so?), so that they don’t become such long term fixtures in every city intersection.

The raptors themselves seem to be working pretty well now. Definitely one of the things I keep an eye out for, as being caught by 2 or 3 of them in the open - or when you are significantly encumbered - is quite deadly.

It’s unfortunate that this is still relevant. The pupating zombies were a nice gimmick at first but now I can’t stand how every playthrough ends up becoming a mopping simulator. These monsters need reworked, maybe instead of leaving a trail of sludge they could leave the occasional blob.

Their sludge trail is also horrible UI-wise: where they leave it, there is only sludge visible. Furniture, traps, light sources, whatever - everything becomes invisible under the wave of brown crap. The only things visible are the walls and multiple-items-on-a-single-tile indicators.
Try leaving one in closed-off lab section but in your RB for couple of hours, then look inside and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

I managed to lead the zombie along the road and then use its sludge to stop up a dinosaur zombie and plink it to death, it was awesome.

Now I also get to fear that the next one I encounter may not be so docile…

1 Like

shoot it until it dies
that usually disables most enemies

If you posted that in response to the main question; you can’t. They release the raptors before you get the chance to kill it with a gun.
If you posted that in response to the last post; it’s much more enjoyable (and saves ammo) if you use them to your advantage.

it was to both. and flying zombies with stingers seem more dangerous to keep around than using them

At some point it would be interesting to see a significant overhaul in how map tiles are updated after a significant amount of time outside of the reality bubble.

Currently many things just never change at all unless the tiles are actively in the reality bubble. If you set a house on fire and walk away, you can come back a game-year later and it will still be merrily burning as if you’d just left 5 minutes ago. A slime trail left on the sidewalk will continue to exist indefinitely as long as you aren’t around to watch it dissipate.

Ideally there would be code that ran when a map tile was loaded that examined the time passed since it was last loaded and did some quick abstract time advancement to correct these issues. Wouldn’t be too hard in principle for something with a basic half-life, like a slime trail (and maybe there is already some code to do this?) - but its a lot harder with a dynamic phenomena like a burning house or a spreading fungus patch, which have always been the more problematic cases.

Frankly it’s something of a blessing in the case of the fungus patch, as they would consume the entire game world in less than a week if they evolved at their normal rates outside of the reality bubble - they would need to have their propagation rate slowed down by orders of magnitude.