Question about containers

Hi all. I just have a quick question, and I’m sorry if it’s been asked before, but what is the biggest container in the game? I have an experiment I want to run.

In item form, I’m pretty sure it’s the 200 liter steel drum. As far as I’m aware, the largest container in the game period is the constructable standing tank, with a capacity of 300 liters.

Cool, thanks. Quick follow up question, when using the debug menu, is it possible to specify WHAT a liquid is contained in, or does it always go for some sort of liquid-specific default?

In my experience spawning liquids with the debug menu puts them in your inventory, but you can’t load them into a container from there, and usually they then fall onto the ground.

But if you find a shallow/deep water square, you then have unlimited (salt)water to use for whatever purpose.

[quote=“Szara, post:4, topic:13749”]In my experience spawning liquids with the debug menu puts them in your inventory, but you can’t load them into a container from there, and usually they then fall onto the ground.

But if you find a shallow/deep water square, you then have unlimited (salt)water to use for whatever purpose.[/quote]

You can have liquids spawn in a container via debug by pressing f in the wish for an item screen.

As I recall, they’re usually contained in plastic bottles, but I’m not super sure on that.

I think it may be item dependant, as spawning (contained) gasoline spawns it in a jerry can

It’s item dependent. Items have a JSON value “container” which specifies the default container they would generate in. example:

"type" : "COMESTIBLE", "id" : "oj", "name" : "orange juice", "weight" : 263, "color" : "yellow", "spoils_in" : 120, "container" : "bottle_plastic", ******** "comestible_type" : "DRINK", "symbol" : "~", "quench" : 35, "healthy" : 2, "nutrition" : 4, "description" : "Freshly-squeezed from real oranges! Tasty and nutritious.", "price" : 90, "material" : "fruit", "volume" : 1, "phase" : "liquid", "flags" : ["EATEN_COLD"], "fun" : 3

Ah, thanks. That was the answer I was looking for. I guess I won’t be making any 200L drums of mutagen for giggles then.

it won’t fall to the ground until you move or pass time either, so you can drink water from the wish menu without a container so long as you haven’t moved from where you wished for it yet.

What would the largest ground container be, for storing items? I noticed the glass display cases have a bit more than the 1000L max of the floor, 1250 or 1750, I think. Is there anything bigger than those for storing my craftables at a stationary base? Also, what would the largest for a vehicle be, cargo carrier? Or are there bigger storage boxes I haven’t come across yet for vehicles too?

Hope this isn’t considered hijacking, I figured since it was already about a similar topic it would be OK.

Lockers and bookshelves hold 2000L of items. They block sight of anything behind them, and by extension any item that lies beyond the locker.

Display racks and dressers hold 1750L of items. They don’t block sight, but will block out any items that lie beyond the dresser/rack (not inside them) for crafting.

The largest vehicle container is the cargo carrier, in the main game. The Blazemod has the cargo dimension, made from a stabilized portal, which can hold 250,000L of items.

Awesome thanks!