Some new proffesions-someone implement them

{
“ident”: “wimp”,
“name”: “Wimp”,
“description”:
“You’re a major wimp. You are skrawny and weak. Best played with Asthmatic, and Glass jaw. Only pick harcore if you are feeling frisky.”,
“points”: 0,
“items”: [“tshirt”, “pants”, “sneakers”, “wristwatch”]
},

{
“ident”: “student”,
“name”: “College student”,
“description”:
“You were studying for an exam when it hit. You grabbed a knife and ran to the evac center.”,
“items”: [“shorts_cargo”, “tshirt”, “hoodie”, “knife_butcher”, “backpack”, “sneakers”]
},

{
“ident”: “hobo”,
“name”: “Crazy Old Homeless Man”,
“description”:
“You already knew it was going to happen and now you can laugh at their rotting faces for not litening.”,
“items”: [“trenchcoat_fur”, “boots”, “socks_wool”, “pants_cargo”, “tophat”, “gloves_fingerless”, “long_underpants”, “whiskey”, “whiskey”, “meth”, “meth”, “tank_top”]
},

{
“ident”: “farmer”,
“name”: “Farmer”,
“description”:
“Now they are all nipping at the hand that feeds them.”,
“items”: [“overalls”, “boots”, “tank_top”, “pitchfork”]
},

{
“ident”: “demo”,
“name”: “Demolitions Expert”,
“description”:
“You worked for the construction company blowing things up. You start with some C4.”,
“items”: [“tank_top”, “boots”, “jeans”, “c4”, “c4”, “c4”, “c4”, “c4”, “c4”, “c4”, “c4”, “c4”, “c4”, “c4”, “c4”, “c4”, “c4”, “hammer_sledge”, “beltrig”],
“skills” : [
{
“name” : “melee”,
“level” : 5
}
]
},

{
“ident”: “surgeon”,
“name”: “Surgeon”,
“description”:
“You were preforming a heart transplant when the patiet woke up.”,
“items”: [“gloves_medical”, “surgeon_gown”, “scalpel”, “mask_dust”, “sneakers”, “1st_aid”, “1st_aid”, “disinfectant”]
},

{
“ident”: “madscience”,
“name”: “Mad Scientist”,
“description”:
“You have unlocked DNA, the choice to use or not.”,
“items”: [“gloves_medical”, “mutagen”, “coat_lab”, “tshirt”, “sneakers”, “mutagen”, “mutagen”, “mutagen”, “mutagen”, “mutagen”, “mutagen”, “mutagen”, “mutagen”, “mutagen”, “disinfectant”]
},

{
	"ident": "furture",
	"name": "Future Traveler",
	"description":
	"You were transported to the past to prevent the cataclysm but were sent to late. Now you have no way back, only the the tools to survive here.",
	"points": 0,
	"items": ["tshirt", "exoskeleton", "pants", "boots", "gasoline", "gasoline", "rucksack", "ftk93", "jack", "nutrition_pill", "nutrition_pill", "laser_pack", "laser_pack", "laser_pack", "bio_tools", "bio_night_vision", "heat_blade"],

{
“ident”: “swat”,
“name”: “Swat Officer”,
“description”:
“You were trying to control the riots, but your entire squad was taken over.”,
“items”: [“helmet_riot”, “flashlight”, “baton”, “beltrig”, “jacket_light”, “hazoc”, “vest”, “hk_ump45”, “suppressor”, “spare_mag”, “pants_cargo”, “45_acp”, “45_acp”, “45_acp”, “boots_steel”, “coldliner”, “gloves_fingerless”],

{
“ident”: “demon_hunter”,
“name”: “Demon Hunter”,
“description”:
“You knew the day of the apocalype would eventually come and you have prepard for it.”,
“items”: [“demon_cleanser”, “watch_pocket”, “demon_cleanser”, “demon_cleanser”, “revolver_crossbow”, “hunter_trenchcoat”, “beltrig”, “boots”, “vest_gentlemens”, “pants”, “44mag_demon”, “44mag_demon”, “44demon”, “44demon”],
{
“name” : “gun”,
“level” : 10
},
{
“name” : “archery”,
}
]
},

{
“ident”: “cdc”,
“name”: “CDC Worker”,
“description”:
“You start with a hazmat suit and a pistol you swyped off a body.”,
“items”: [“hazmat_suit”, “boots”, “glock_19”, “9mm”, “9mm”],
{
“name” : “pistol”,
“level” : 3
}
]
},

{
“ident”: “firefighter”,
“name”: “Fire Fighter”,
“description”:
“You start with a fire fighting gear.”,
“items”: [“ax”, “beltrig”, “fire_gauntlets”, “fire_overalls”, “boots”, “mask_gas”, “water_clean”, “helmet_hard”]
},

{
“ident”: “sheriff”,
“name”: “Sheriff”,
“description”:
“You were a man of the law. Now its just you and your trusty revolver.”,
“items”: [“dress_shirt”, “holster”, “pants”, “sw_500”, “500_Magnum”, “boots”, “beltrig”, “sunglasses”],
{
“name” : “gun”,
},
{
“name” : “pistol”,
}
]
},

i know some of them dont have skills or the set ones are too high adjust to balance and i get that some of the items dont exist. so work with what you have. I personally am in favor of having free proffessons. yes it makes the game easier when you start with mad gear, but something as small as that and you already have a basic difficulty scale.

The student profession already exists and I like the others. Swiping the mad scientist one, certainly.

Mad scientist might be better replaced with a sort of “lab mutant” profession that starts you with a set of mutations from one of the categories, but no items whatsoever. Otherwise you can startscum it until you get a good set of mutations from the mutagen flasks.

The CDC worker might be interesting if the hazmat suit was the only upgrade, and they didn’t start with the gun and ammo.

I thought professions couldn’t have mutations set?

Anyway, I doubt it gets much better than this:
Phelloderm
Full Night Vision
Claws
Fluffy Tail
Disease Immune
Regeneration
Whiskers

starting traits
Gourmand
Light Eater
Fast Learner

They can’t right now, doesn’t mean that the ability to do so couldn’t be added.

A pile of misspelled zero point professions that all start off as walking arsenals, loaded up with nonexistent equipment and skills at max?

Some of the ideas here might be okay if they were stripped down to their core and totally reworked from there, but as it stands right now none of this is useable. Even those that aren’t total munchkin-powergamer stuff would crash the game because they reference objects that don’t exist or have weird errors in their strings and bracketing.

CDC worker reminds me of the Freeman.
But Rivet is right, you can’t just make up random things that might never be ingame.

[quote=“Zireael, post:4, topic:2995”]I thought professions couldn’t have mutations set?

Anyway, I doubt it gets much better than this:
Phelloderm
Full Night Vision
Claws
Fluffy Tail
Disease Immune
Regeneration
Whiskers

starting traits
Gourmand
Light Eater
Fast Learner[/quote]

I kinda liked my old guy but that’s before they started enforcing mutation categories.

[quote=“Rivet, post:6, topic:2995”]A pile of misspelled zero point professions that all start off as walking arsenals, loaded up with nonexistent equipment and skills at max?

Some of the ideas here might be okay if they were stripped down to their core and totally reworked from there, but as it stands right now none of this is useable. Even those that aren’t total munchkin-powergamer stuff would crash the game because they reference objects that don’t exist or have weird errors in their strings and bracketing.[/quote]

The mad scientist profession works. Although to be balanced, it’d need a lot of points cost.
However, it’s fine for testing.

They can’t right now, doesn’t mean that the ability to do so couldn’t be added.[/quote]

Problem I’d have would be what mutations to assign. Thought applying 3 category-mutagens plus 1 standard mutagen (allowing for Robust Genetics, obvs) might work…but then you have the restart problem. :-/

I customize my game and didn’t want to filter out the b.s. atm, and i was only throwing these out as food for thought. of course its all random nonsense but the premise of each profession is what you should look at. I’m not really saying add in exactly what i posted, i just thought it would be cool to have more ideas on the table. And to get this out of the way now, i have them set at zero because it makes sort of a difficulty system. You choose your starting goods for free because lets face it, why would you pay for anything that you can scavenge in the real world. And as for skill sets those can easily be improved and so on. The point of these sets (currently un-usable) is simply to role play. This is a role playing game right? The only thing worth wasting starting points on is stats anyway… But all are entitled to their own opinion.