Prehistoric hunter profession=junk

definitely,it give us a set of (poor) survival tools and forces us to get a 6-pointer which is crippling(namely illiterate),so that give us a total of 8 points we could be using in something else,if i took illiterate i could even be a naturalist or camper,both which got way,waay better gear,if someone has something than favors the prehistoric hunter proffesion tell me,because currently i think its just a complete junk

Professions are unbalanced.

Some people enjoy a challenge.

Isn’t that a mod added profession? You gotta take it up with whoever made it, or failing that bring up a discussion about it on Github.

yea,i now checked and its mod-added,not fault of the game creators,my bad,probably the 3rd useless thread i created on the week i am on this forum e.e

Yes. Cool story bro. I was the one that added that profession. It was primarily meant to showcase the spear thrower and a few other primitive items not already in use by the wanderer profession, which is the more balanced and playable of the two.

To be honest, I only went with point balance changes as suggested by Rivet and especially Coolthulhu. If I recall, the point balance was decided as far back as when I first PR’d the mod as it originally was.

Regardless, due to drama between Kevin and I, I will not be able NOR willing to fix this on Github. I’m not a CDDA contributor anymore, and I’m almost never on here anymore either.

Fancy seeing you here Random. I’m not going to bring up all that argument stuff again (which I just read about) but I just wanted to say thanks for the shit ton of help you gave my bro and I when we first started playing.

Which is a major bummer. I get the “not working together” thing (it sucks for the rest of us, of course, but sometimes people just don’t get along), but I do wish you were still around on the forums more often.

I’m glad that spammer is gone.

lets not TRY to spark arguments if we can help it yea? He’s a good person.

You’re pretty spammy too.

Gee, I feel so goddamn loved. :V

wow. Sorry for chatting in forums.
How did you get that stick so far up your arse?
Just curious.

Us real people love you dragon. Its aight.

Says the one who just spammed as well? Twice in fact?

[quote=“Litppunk, post:13, topic:12080”]wow. Sorry for chatting in forums.
Just curious.

Us real people love you dragon. Its aight.[/quote]
Why would you even react to trolls like him? :confused:

back to topic:
Some professions are great, some give you a good challenge. One could also argue that the lost submissive and the shower victim are hilariously bad professions, and I still use the lost submissive profession very often~
If you don’t like a profession, simply don’t take it? It’s an option for roleplaying basically, and an illiterate, prehistoric hunter makes a lot of sense…~ and it makes for a good challenge, as said above.

edit: if you really hate it so much, just change the value yourself. find the apropriate json and change a single number, ain’t that hard. or delete the profession completely.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:6, topic:12080”]Yes. Cool story bro. I was the one that added that profession. It was primarily meant to showcase the spear thrower and a few other primitive items not already in use by the wanderer profession, which is the more balanced and playable of the two.

To be honest, I only went with point balance changes as suggested by Rivet and especially Coolthulhu. If I recall, the point balance was decided as far back as when I first PR’d the mod as it originally was.

Regardless, due to drama between Kevin and I, I will not be able NOR willing to fix this on Github. I’m not a CDDA contributor anymore, and I’m almost never on here anymore either.[/quote]

Gee, this sucks. I remembered when I started to post on the fourm maybe a year or two back and always remembered you being here. Thanks for helping me out back when I wasn’t a veteran. Your insights, quirky comments and other such things helped me enjoy my experience here on the fourms and on Cata. Sad to see you leave, and even worse to not contribute to this game anymore. I Don’t know what happened between you and Kevin, but to me it doesn’t really matter. I hope this isn’t a true final decision as one day you’ll change your mind and once again become active within the community at least.

Much love.

Says the one who just spammed as well? Twice in fact?

[quote=“Litppunk, post:13, topic:12080”]wow. Sorry for chatting in forums.
Just curious.

Us real people love you dragon. Its aight.[/quote]
Why would you even react to trolls like him? :confused:

back to topic:
Some professions are great, some give you a good challenge. One could also argue that the lost submissive and the shower victim are hilariously bad professions, and I still use the lost submissive profession very often~
If you don’t like a profession, simply don’t take it? It’s an option for roleplaying basically, and an illiterate, prehistoric hunter makes a lot of sense…~ and it makes for a good challenge, as said above.

edit: if you really hate it so much, just change the value yourself. find the apropriate json and change a single number, ain’t that hard. or delete the profession completely.[/quote]

When you change the value to something better in line with the pointvalue you thought up, make a PR on github. So others can also enjoy. I think random does not mind. (Hi random wave). And well, updating mods over time is never a bad thing, esp when they are in the default game.

I have little particular interest in the community anymore. You can still find me on Utterly Mad and the Dwarf Fortress forums, as Random_Dragon in both cases.

Go right ahead and rebalance or otherwise alter as you see fit. Same goes for the other mods I’ve authored. Hell, even the MShock Modded tileset is available to be edited if someone wishes to continue that, as if anything MShock has more authority to allow or deny that than I do.

Well, that saddens me. Well, at least I will see you at the df forums then. (not that I go there often).