Stones Professions

My Github: https://github.com/Stone94/Cataclysm-DDA

I overhauled the professions to make the values and benefits/negatives to closer mirror the vanilla professions, because of the character limit I cant post them in code blocks, but ill make a list of whats been added, Also any more professions or clothing you would like to see don’t hesitate to suggest them! thanks for the feedback and suggestions enjoy!

[ol][li]Soldier[/li]
[li]Pre-med student[/li]
[li]Mafia Enforcer[/li]
[li]Local Sheriff[/li]
[li]Used Car Salesman[/li]
[li]Hobo[/li]
[li]Bow Hunter[/li]
[li]Handy Man[/li]
[li]Lumber Jack[/li]
[li]Backpacker[/li]
[li]Fast Food Cook[/li]
[li]Survivalist[/li]
[li]Electrician[/li]
[li]Computer Hacker[/li]
[li]Student[/li]
[li]Shower Victim[/li]
[li]Biker[/li]
[li]Ballroom Dancer[/li][/ol]

plus I added some RP Clothes

[ol][li]Camo Tank top[/li]
[li]tool belt[/li]
[li]bowler hat[/li]
[li]Flannel Jacket[/li]
[li]Leather Chaps[/li]
[li]Tuxedo[/li]
[li]Zombie Survival Guide - a beginner survival book[/li]
[li]Duffel Bag[/li]
[li]Riot/Paintball Kevlar[/li]
[li]Street Kevlar[/li]
[li]Police Kevlar[/li]
[li]Military Kevlar[/li][/ol]

Small note, but it’s easier to copy/paste your code if you use [code][/code] tags instead of the spoilers. The length doesn’t increase much since the code window handles scrolling, but it keeps everything nice and even and adds a useful “select” button. (Don’t use both spoilers and code tags though, the forum converts that into a scroll-able window that only displays 1 line at a time and is virtually impossible to read :P).

Also figured I might put this here, but professions now support skills in the dev version! If you’ve got the dev version then take a look at the scoundrel profession for formatting.

thank you. i never noticed the dev version, i was wondering if it supported skills, and i shall use the code tags :smiley:

Isnt the Soldier a bit too overpowered? I mean even for 5 points, starting with a water purifier is a pretty easy start. How about a survivalist character which has some tools for surviving in the wilderness (And a mininuke for the jabberwocks :D)

Soldier overpowered? the riot police is the one that’s overpowered starting with kevlar good armor and good melee weapon right-off the bat. Also I believe the Mafia enforcer should be wearing a suit instead of a dress-shirt and bowler hats if they’re put into the game. (Again reminds me we lack clothes that cater to RP) anyway have fun making custom classes but for the future we really should hold a professions competition so that will be put in the game if their qualified.

Meaning well-balanced and suitable professions, most would probably be for role-play purpose like for example hobo, alcoholic with a very hard to remove addiction.

Lol, hobo would be so awesome. But the riot police’s kevlar is a bit encumbering, so thats a downside. The baton is a really good weapon though, but he does cost a lot of points.

Can’t wait for the Dev Team to post a professions submission competition to submit 1-3 Professions per user and the good balanced ones to be added to mainline. (Good use of the community’s Ideas and populate the so called lack of Professions and Flavor)

I’ve never really used professions, but it would be really awesome if every character would get a random profession and would spawn in a place that goes with it (Like police officer in the police station and such)

spawning place would be a good addition to tie with professions oh the horror of living in an apartment tower by hahaha also professions like Hunter or Woodsman should spawn you in cabin area with a few items inside the cabin and some zeds outside.

This would be a heavy incentive towards start-scumming.

This would be a heavy incentive towards start-scumming.[/quote]

Seconded. Professions can be neat but I’d rather keep them optional.

[quote=“Stevensonz, post:5, topic:1823”]Soldier overpowered? the riot police is the one that’s overpowered starting with kevlar good armor and good melee weapon right-off the bat. Also I believe the Mafia enforcer should be wearing a suit instead of a dress-shirt and bowler hats if they’re put into the game. (Again reminds me we lack clothes that cater to RP) anyway have fun making custom classes but for the future we really should hold a professions competition so that will be put in the game if their qualified.

Meaning well-balanced and suitable professions, most would probably be for role-play purpose like for example hobo, alcoholic with a very hard to remove addiction.[/quote]
Making RP Clothes will be my second project when i figure out how to make them :smiley:

also for some biker RP’ers:

{ "type" : "ARMOR", "id" : "soa_cut", "name" : "SAMCRO jacket", "weight" : 14, "color" : "light_red", "covers" : ["TORSO", "ARMS"], "to_hit" : 1, "storage" : 8, "symbol" : "[", "description" : "A jacket made from thick leather. For members of SAMCRO.", "price" : 0, "material" : ["leather", "null"], "volume" : 12, "cutting" : 0, "warmth" : 40, "phase" : "solid", "enviromental_protection" : 1, "rarity" : 10, "encumberance" : 2, "bashing" : -3, "flags" : ["VARSIZE"], "coverage" : 95, "material_thickness" : 4 },

What about riot gear? Something that always made me glare at the game was finding the riot helmet but never finding any riot armor anywhere.

riot armor. . . coming right up!

ok so i changed the regular kevlar armor to come in four different levels
starting with level I which is most commonly used in riots and paintball competitions
up to IIIa which is used by the military to better protect from explosions and grenades

{ "type" : "ARMOR", "id" : "kevlarI", "name" : "riot kevlar vest", "weight" : 12, "color" : "light_red", "covers" : ["TORSO"], "to_hit" : -3, "storage" : 4, "symbol" : "[", "description" : "Offers the most basic protection. This vest will only stop fragmentation and low-velocity pistol ammunition. Commonly used for riot gear.", "price" : 800, "material" : ["kevlar", "null"], "volume" : 20, "cutting" : 0, "warmth" : 10, "phase" : "solid", "enviromental_protection" : 0, "rarity" : 40, "encumberance" : 1, "bashing" : 6, "flags" : ["VARSIZE"], "coverage" : 80, "material_thickness" : 3 }, { "type" : "ARMOR", "id" : "kevlarIIa", "name" : "street kevlar vest", "weight" : 16, "color" : "light_red", "covers" : ["TORSO"], "to_hit" : -3, "storage" : 4, "symbol" : "[", "description" : "Offers greater protection, recommended use for most threats encountered on the street.", "price" : 800, "material" : ["kevlar", "null"], "volume" : 22, "cutting" : 0, "warmth" : 15, "phase" : "solid", "enviromental_protection" : 0, "rarity" : 30, "encumberance" : 1, "bashing" : 8, "flags" : ["VARSIZE"], "coverage" : 80, "material_thickness" : 4 }, { "type" : "ARMOR", "id" : "kevlarII", "name" : "police kevlar vest", "weight" : 20, "color" : "light_red", "covers" : ["TORSO"], "to_hit" : -3, "storage" : 4, "symbol" : "[", "description" : "Offers blunt trauma protection while still being comfortable to wear and easy to conceal.", "price" : 800, "material" : ["kevlar", "null"], "volume" : 24, "cutting" : 0, "warmth" : 20, "phase" : "solid", "enviromental_protection" : 0, "rarity" : 20, "encumberance" : 2, "bashing" : 10, "flags" : ["VARSIZE"], "coverage" : 80, "material_thickness" : 5 }, { "type" : "ARMOR", "id" : "kevlarIIIa", "name" : "Military kevlar vest", "weight" : 24, "color" : "light_red", "covers" : ["TORSO"], "to_hit" : -3, "storage" : 4, "symbol" : "[", "description" : "Provides the highest blunt-trauma-protection rating available for concealable ballistic vests.", "price" : 800, "material" : ["kevlar", "null"], "volume" : 26, "cutting" : 0, "warmth" : 25, "phase" : "solid", "enviromental_protection" : 0, "rarity" : 10, "encumberance" : 2, "bashing" : 6, "flags" : ["VARSIZE"], "coverage" : 80, "material_thickness" : 8 },

Can I interest you in my tinkerer profession?

Mods: How about we stick one post for professions where people can add there jsons? Then maybe someone who knows github can volunteer to get this stuff checked in? with jsons we will probably get alot of people adding stuff.

Yep. Great idea.

Yeah sure, as long as i can modify the starting equipment and starting points to better fit :stuck_out_tongue:

{ "ident": "tinkerer", "name": "Tinkerer", "description": "You've always loved tinkering with stuff. Now this may increase your chances to survive", "points": 3, "items": ["pants", "tshirt", "tool_belt"], "skills" : [ { "name" : "mechanics", "level" : 1 }, { "name" : "tailoring", "level" : 1 }, { "name" : "electronics", "level" : 1 }, { "name" : "construction", "level" : 1 } ]

to be more like this :smiley: no easy rucksack start, no easy wrench find :stuck_out_tongue: just a tool belt which is a smaller belt rig, and the skills.

I like it.