Powered Quarterstaff oddly wimpy

I’ve been using an ironshod quarterstaff as my main melee weapon for a while now, and have no complaints, as combined with my full suit of bone armor I must look like some ungodly love child of Shao Kahn and Donatello. I recently managed to come across a couple tazers, and was considering turning it into a Powered Quarterstaff for extra bitchintude… For some reason though, the powered quarterstaff only does 1 more damage than a regular wooden one, almost a third less than the ironshod quarterstaff required for it’s construction. We’re talking about a blunt piece of wood with metal at the ends…where did all the damage from the ironshod staff go? My best guess is that whoever designed the weapon used the regular quarterstaff as a base to determine it’s damage, which seems a bit silly given that it’s made from the ironshod version, and is therefore the highest tier bashing weapon to make that i’ve yet discovered.

The powered quarterstaff has the added benefit of stunning most enemies it hits. I don’t think it works against zeds, but anything you can taze will get tazed by that staff.

Maybe, but why reduce the damage so harshly for that functionality when you could simply carry around a tazer for the same amount of volume? I know it’s a small complaint, but given that as a weapon it’s almost objectively inferior to the one required to craft it, who would ever use it? My character is pretty much an ideal case, being skilled in both the bashing and electrician skills, and i’d really rather keep the extra +6 damage, as would most players, I imagine. The game design theory of Dominant Strategy applies pretty heavily here. In retrospect, I should probably have created this thread in the suggestion forum, as it definitely looks like a development oversight to me.

Yeah, I’d recommend posting it as a Bug over in the bug reports, because I could swear that it used to be on par with the base Ironshod Quarterstaff. There’s no proper reason for it not to be on par either.

That’s definitely a bug, it should hit just as hard as the regular ironshod staff. The values must have got knocked out of whack at some point.

Also, it doesn’t actually zap every target it hits. It has the same functionality as the tazer, just combined with the bashing ability of an iron staff, so you don’t have to carry both or go to inventory to activate the tazer. I suppose it should be easier to connect with than a normal tazer since it’s longer, maybe I should look into adding that.

Definitely make a bug report on GitHub for this, I haven’t coded in ages so I might not get to it. I’m not even sure if my compile setup still works.

[quote=“Natures Witness, post:5, topic:6839”]That’s definitely a bug, it should hit just as hard as the regular ironshod staff. The values must have got knocked out of whack at some point.

Also, it doesn’t actually zap every target it hits. It has the same functionality as the tazer, just combined with the bashing ability of an iron staff, so you don’t have to carry both or go to inventory to activate the tazer. I suppose it should be easier to connect with than a normal tazer since it’s longer, maybe I should look into adding that.

Definitely make a bug report on GitHub for this, I haven’t coded in ages so I might not get to it. I’m not even sure if my compile setup still works.[/quote]
Ever since tiles, compiling it is (at least for me) nigh impossible/too much hassle to be worth it on windows. Just a friendly heads up.

[quote=“Natures Witness, post:5, topic:6839”]That’s definitely a bug, it should hit just as hard as the regular ironshod staff. The values must have got knocked out of whack at some point.

Definitely make a bug report on GitHub for this, I haven’t coded in ages so I might not get to it. I’m not even sure if my compile setup still works.[/quote]

It’s a JSON fix, and no need to file an Issue on GitHub.

Awesome, that was fast, thanks a ton!

np.