Positive Z-level Discussion

WOW is all I can say

I went to the roof of the tower complex and jumped off the roof LOL i survived though :open_mouth:

Loving this really looking forward to more updates :slight_smile:

Thanks.

P.S

I see at the moment when we go to any level other than ground level looking out windows is all ??? will we ever see the ground level from say the roof or is it impossible.

Reason I ask it would be cool to snipe zeds from the roof :open_mouth:

That is absolutely the intent for z levels in the long run. The reason it is a mod is because it is incomplete. You can see the full scope of how z levels are supposed to work on the github.

Either way this is so cool I’m loving this all ready thank you.

P.s will be cool might build a base on top of the tower lol damn helicopters would be mad would be cool to land em on top of buildings lol

Hows this doing :slight_smile:

its all ready looking promising :slight_smile:

[quote=“stk2008, post:44, topic:6553”]Hows this doing :slight_smile:

its all ready looking promising :)[/quote]

It’s in as a mod. I’m more enthused about Acidia’s improvements to NPCs.

[quote=“KA101, post:45, topic:6553”][quote=“stk2008, post:44, topic:6553”]Hows this doing :slight_smile:

its all ready looking promising :)[/quote]

It’s in as a mod. I’m more enthused about Acidia’s improvements to NPCs.[/quote]

got a link to info on this NPC work please :slight_smile:

Thanks

Merged.

So uh, I’ve been noticing that your buildings don’t seem to rotate. Made a few structures of my own as well, and those don’t want to rotate either.
Anyone know what’s up with that, or have a comprehensive explanation of how to rotate structures in .jsons, or if rotations just aren’t working with experimental Z levels?

The motel should rotate, but the office building I had trouble rotating, I don’t think it is a z-level problem, but more of me not understanding how to rotate with the point system. If I put rotate=true, then for some reason the json doesn’t recognize the building(probably due to it add _north to the description).

Yeah, I was noticing that too when I was trying to add a rotate flag in the overmap terrain on my two-story house. Hopefully someone can put a little how to up when it comes to structural rotation.

Alright it seems to get stuff to rotate you have to add _north to all of your points in overmap_specials, because when you add rotate=true, the game adds _north, _south to each point. Thus when you declare like in my rivtech facility: rivfactory_00, it doesn’t exist and the game crashes. You need to declare each point with rivfactory_00_north, rivfactory_01_north… etc, like what it does for the motel.

Aha, Awesome. Thanks for the info, Frost.

Hey :slight_smile:

Hows this going any news?

Thanks

Nothing at the moment, cib has a break in a week or so, and he was planning on diving into it.

Cool

Sorry did not mean to sound rude was just curious :slight_smile: