Positive feedback thread!

Cataclysm has EVERYTHING. The most impressive ,game" ever played by me. For me it is more like raw engine with which we can create specific environment for specific playing style. The only limit is our imagination. Cata contains the best features of:

1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R= general atmosphere
  2. Far Cry= random elements, stealth, playing with fire
  3. Need for Speed= superbike, 300 km/h through minefield:)
  4. Splinter Cell= INCREDIBLE lighting system and tension (horde-be quiet and pray)
  5. Max Payne= I can create character like Max or John Wick and kill everyone
  6. Half-Life 2= the most interactive environment, unsolved mysteries
  7. Rainbow Six= we can create tactical masterpieces
  8. Manhunt= Cataclysm is VERY violent(sometimes)
  9. Deus Ex/Hitman= many possibilities
  10. Dishonored= rewarding creativity

To developers: keep up your outstanding work:)

I love the new night vision mechanics! Now the only thing missing is a fuzzy vision system for Near/Far Sighted.

Explain this please, I haven’t updated my game in weeks.

Night vision is no longer tied to the Night Vision perk: It now increases with Perception.

I haven’t played for a few weeks but made some attempts this weekend (some bugs (threads exist) were harshing my mellow so I’m kind of waiting for the fixes).

A few things I noticed that I like:

Newish vehicle info screen seems good but i’m not used to it so it’s harder for me to tell the status of a vehicle at a glance (no big, just need mroe exposure).

I like the “reading” screen mostly - nice to have the info but I have some suggestions for it (posting as a suggestion).

(there was another similar screen that made sense but I can’t remember what it was)

Totally enjoyed new experimental. Haven’t played for a while (couple months) and a good progress is there! I liked:

[ul][li]Reading interface[/li]
[li]Vehicle interface[/li]
[li]Gun modification interface[/li]
[li]Newer gun calibers and types (mod)[/li][/ul]

I have a question though - all cash cards I find seem to be empty. Is that a bug or intended (found like 5-6 on different Z’s and all are zero).

Unfortunate bug. You’ll also find only completely full lighters, for example. But not all cash cards come empty - on a rare occasion you’ll find one that’s maxed out (at 200M cents).

Unfortunate bug. You'll also find only completely full lighters, for example. But not all cash cards come empty - on a rare occasion you'll find one that's maxed out (at 200M cents).

I found 200M once in one of previous run-ups, but I also used to find ordinary ones. In some later builds I don’t find even that. Just zero :frowning:

Any ETA on fixing that known?

[quote=“BorkBorkGoesTheCode, post:24, topic:12785”]Night vision is no longer tied to the Night Vision perk: It now increases with Perception.

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/19010[/quote]
Sweet, my character has FNV and 20+ perception. I gotta update the experimental and check this feature out.

I just think this game’s hallucination mechanic is amazing. Basically a newbie could induce hallucinations to get glimpses of the various monsters in the game, although the knee-jerk reaction is “I don’t want spoilers”. First thing is to get over that. And even a more experienced player could still see some strange new monsters they haven’t encountered before. I know I have. It just makes me think where the hell these critters could be, IF they even are anywhere really? It’s just goddamn amazing, even if not by design.

There’s a lot of tribal/shaman potential there - premonition sort of thing. First you see visions of strange monsters, then later you might encounter them. That’s like a whole new RPing area to me.

I really recommend hallucinating in Cata. At least once or twice. See if you can hallucinate someone you’ve met before. ;D

I just want to say that the recent inventory/crafting window speed-up felt like a painkiller. Incredibly smooth and responsive now. Thank you. Also, I think Coolthulhu is a god or an AI. But don’t let that get into your head or head-equivalent. :slight_smile:

Love how guns can be used properly now.

^They solved the range problem?

EDIT: What I mean is the 30 tile or whatever range cap.

[quote=“papabrando, post:33, topic:12785”]^They solved the range problem?

EDIT: What I mean is the 30 tile or whatever range cap.[/quote]
AFAIK the cap is still there, and it was placed there by design. IMO it’s bit too restrictive. Should be 40 or 50 tiles, maybe more.

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:34, topic:12785”][quote=“papabrando, post:33, topic:12785”]^They solved the range problem?

EDIT: What I mean is the 30 tile or whatever range cap.[/quote]
AFAIK the cap is still there, and it was placed there by design. IMO it’s bit too restrictive. Should be 40 or 50 tiles, maybe more.[/quote]
It’s there because of laser-mosin. It can be removed after dispersion is fixed.

Thanks a ton for the support peoples, it’s really easy for everything to degenerate into just bug reports and negativity, and it’s really great of you to put things in perspective.

This thread makes me happy.

The Cable Charger CBM is the best thing since monster infighting.

Pin this thread!

Changed to experimental a few weeks back, and it’s a terrific step forward from 0.C stable.

• Love the new code for ranged accuracy (even if the 30 tile cap is a bummer).
  • Mechanics is far less broken.
  • Granular encumbrance is excellent.
  • Eating/reading/etc from neighbouring tiles, yes.
  • New crafting recipes are almost all well thought-out and implemented.
  • I don’t know if this actually changed or I just got lucky, but the world map seems to generate more ‘realistic’ distribution of towns, suburbs, villages and outposts.
  • Magazines and holsters are a nice touch, and not nearly as micromanagey or annoying as I expected.
  • Cars aren’t 98% useless wrecks anymore, plus more vehicle variants with appropriate items in seats/trunks.

This is just a terrific game. Yeah, it has idiosyncrasies and occasionally something gets broken in code overhauls, but there are very few other games out there that combine roguelike mechanics with compelling open-world gameplay. Plus, CDDA manages to pull off the (now very worn out) lone survivor + apocalypse + zombies trope without it ever feeling forced or cheap. You guys rock.