PoraComp Testers Needed!

'eyo all! PoraComp is slowly moving towards that fabled v1.6 release, but two major systems were recently introduced to it that require preferably many runs of playtesting. As I only have so much time to play CDDA in a day, I appeal to everyone here who’s interested to go ahead and give the in-dev version a go!

The major systems that require testing are the fat system and the raid system.

The fat system testing is fairly simple, just play through the game with it enabled, and tell me if you feel that you get hungry too/not often enough or if you feel you become over/underweight (new effects with the system) too quickly/slowly.

The raid system is a bit more complex, but testing it shouldn’t be. Just play a game longer then 31 days, and the raids will begin. I’m greatly interested in opinions regarding the strength and frequency of these raids as well as ideas for more mechanics utilizing this system.

You can pick up the in-dev versions by downloading this branch off the main github;
In-Dev Branch

See the changelogs for it here;
In-Dev Chanelog

And since LUA is very particular about paths and there’s a new settings file, give the install guide a read too;
Installation Guide

4 Likes

Oh…wait…not what I thought it was.

TestERS not testees… Bad Poragon…

2 Likes

The odd Pora vocabulary occasionally picks up a word that’s probably not represetned well in common vocabulary lol, I’ll switch it over to the testers bit

So…aftet 31 days there gonna be bandits raiding my/your base?? Thats awesome

Both changelog and installation guide link to the the installation guide. Edit* if you want some some irl example of weight loss, the show Alone is a great source, plus it’s a fun show :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bro I’ve been playing for 10 days ingame time but i didnt get raided at all…is there something missing?? Or i make mistake when editing the LuA setting?(i set raid start time into 10)

Whoops, totally forgot to check discourse for a bit. My bad ;-;

The raid start number sets when the raid system itself starts, days after the raid start day roll for a raid. As it is currently set, that means raid start day has a 10% chance, next day a 11% chance, next a 12% chance, so on and so on.

Whoaa awesome…btw what will coming? Raider or zombies? And what happen if it reaches 100% chances? It will raid everyday?

Currently it rolls for either a robot, triffid, nether, or zombie faction raid. And the chance resets back to 10% after a small cool-down following a successful raid roll. Do be a bit careful though, while the chance rests the strength of raids continuously gets stronger as time goes on regardless of how many raids have occurred.

DEBUG : Error in lua module: …//PoraComp-1.5.5.2/PoraComp-1.5.5.2/PoraComp/preload.lua:1: module ‘./data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks’ not found:
no field package.preload[’./data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks’]
no file ‘C:\Users\flowe\Music\Saved\cataclysmdda-0.C-8336\lua\/data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks.lua’
no file ‘C:\Users\flowe\Music\Saved\cataclysmdda-0.C-8336\lua\/data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks\init.lua’
no file ‘C:\Users\flowe\Music\Saved\cataclysmdda-0.C-8336\/data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks.lua’
no file ‘C:\Users\flowe\Music\Saved\cataclysmdda-0.C-8336\/data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks\init.lua’
no file ‘C:\Users\flowe\Music\Saved\cataclysmdda-0.C-8336…\share\lua\5.3\/data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks.lua’
no file ‘C:\Users\flowe\Music\Saved\cataclysmdda-0.C-8336…\share\lua\5.3\/data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks\init.lua’
no file ‘.\/data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks.lua’
no file ‘.\/data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks\init.lua’
no file ‘./lua//data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks.lua’
no file ‘/usr/share/cataclysm-dda/lua//data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks.lua’
no file ‘/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.cleverraven.cataclysmdda/files/lua//data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks.lua’
no file ‘/storage/sdcard/Android/data/com.cleverraven.cataclysmdda/files/lua//data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks.lua’
no file ‘/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.cleverraven.cataclysmdda/files/lua//data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks.lua’
no file ‘/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.cleverraven.cataclysmdda/files/lua//data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks.lua’
no file ‘C:\Users\flowe\Music\Saved\cataclysmdda-0.C-8336\/data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks.dll’
no file ‘C:\Users\flowe\Music\Saved\cataclysmdda-0.C-8336…\lib\lua\5.3\/data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks.dll’
no file ‘C:\Users\flowe\Music\Saved\cataclysmdda-0.C-8336\loadall.dll’
no file ‘.\/data/mods/PoraComp/LUA/monster_attacks.dll’
no file ‘C:\Users\flowe\Music\Saved\cataclysmdda-0.C-8336.dll’
no file ‘C:\Users\flowe\Music\Saved\cataclysmdda-0.C-8336…\lib\lua\5.3.dll’
no file ‘C:\Users\flowe\Music\Saved\cataclysmdda-0.C-8336\loadall.dll’
no file ‘…dll’

FUNCTION : int traceback(lua_State*)
FILE : src/catalua.cpp
LINE : 1261

I have no idea what this error means.

Looks like the current directory you have the mod installed to is data/mods/PoraComp-1.5.5.2/PoraComp-1.5.5.2/PoraComp . The LUA reallllyyy doesn’t like when an install isn’t the defined directory, which would be data/mods/PoraComp. So all ya need to do is move the PoraComp folder out to the mod folder! If you’re confused about the directory thing, take a look at the install guide here.

wow ok thanks i had it in the wrong folder by accident.

1 Like