Polish translation

Hello, I’m currently translating the game to Polish together with mr_sep on Transifex, and I need someone to coordinate the translations and update the game .po files. Any help is very much welcome!

Polish translation project: https://www.transifex.com/cataclysm-dda-translators/cataclysm-dda/language/pl/

I agree. Also a rewiever team member would be invaluable.
It is a much easier job then translation itself, and I would like someone to check things after me, and perhaps add some missed plurals :slight_smile:

P.S. Oh how much easier and faster things would be if there was automatic copy button to fill all the plurals in the main translation section and in the suggestions section in the Transifex tools.

Hi guys
Need help for translating. And than you translate strings - online in a site transifex or offline .po-file?
Need software program for offline translation strings - recommended this - Poedit
Maybe you have this or other software for fast translating? Link please.
CDDA Russian-Team

I’m only currently starting Polskiy lessons, along with 6 other languages. if I come back 2 years from now, would you still be needing help? Here’s a question, how many of these other languages would you need it translated to eventually? Because these are the lessons I’m doing right now.

Swedish
Russian
German
French
Welsh
Polish

Hello,
I have joined Polish translation team today.

I have couple of questions:

• are we able to assign some of us as reviewers? Having all strings not reviewed in master doesn’t look good.
  • someone’s responsible for updating files in github? I see we are moderately outdated.
  • do you know is there a tool that could do syncing with Transifex automatically and allows offline translating? Paid or not.
  • why do we have Other in Polish? Normally we use 3 modes: [1], [2,3,4,22,23,24…], [0,5,6,7…]Below example proves it is not used (works the same way as many).

It took me some time to realize that some strings are not translated accordingly to the 1/few/many/others.
I have run rules from *.po file in python to understand it correctly and got this

Example

(1, ‘1’)
(2, ‘few’)
(3, ‘few’)
(4, ‘few’)
(5, ‘many’)
(6, ‘many’)
(7, ‘many’)
(8, ‘many’)
(9, ‘many’)
(10, ‘many’)
(11, ‘many’)
(12, ‘many’)
(13, ‘many’)
(14, ‘many’)
(15, ‘many’)
(16, ‘many’)
(17, ‘many’)
(18, ‘many’)
(19, ‘many’)
(20, ‘many’)
(21, ‘many’)
(22, ‘few’)
(23, ‘few’)
(24, ‘few’)
(25, ‘many’)
(26, ‘many’)
(27, ‘many’)
(28, ‘many’)
(29, ‘many’)

Hi. I’m the self proclaimed leader of Polish translation effort.
1/ You can as for a reviewer status from one of the leaders of Transifex CDDA translation team.
2/ BrettDong cross updates source and translator every week or so. Also know that he is not an author of many translation in Polish, and his name stands by many translations due to inner migration of the files within Transifex after one of the updates of I18n code
3/ never found any that would satisfy me. However the online Transifex tool is fine, but unfortunately only online
4/ Transifex has a documentation about it somewhere. I didn’t care too much as I’ve noticed that it doesn’t have much impact on the outcome in game. And also I was following the principle of quantity first quality later, and even with that it took 9 months of hard work to translation the bulk and 1,5 years to follow up the rest. I’ve finally translated last strings no further back then a week ago, and it will last only untill next update. Mind that I only care for master branch.

1/ You can as for a reviewer status from one of the leaders of Transifex CDDA translation team.

Will do just that. Maybe that way I could be more useful than as yet another translator.

3/ never found any that would satisfy me. However the online Transifex tool is fine, but unfortunately only online

Guess that will do for now.

4/ Transifex has a documentation about it somewhere. I didn’t care too much as I’ve noticed that it doesn’t have much impact on the outcome in game. And also I was following the principle of quantity first quality later, and even with that it took 9 months of hard work to translation the bulk and 1,5 years to follow up the rest. I’ve finally translated last strings no further back then a week ago, and it will last only untill next update. Mind that I only care for master branch.

Yes, I have noticed your name in many strings. Great job so far!
I will try focusing on improving where I can and stick to a singular way of usage for 1/few/many/other :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info

P.S. Still it would be good if we could update the template so there would be either \many\ or \other\ but I’m not sure how to do that safely.