[ger] Deutsch nach Transifex | [eng] German to Transifex

Hallo! Ich schlage vor, die deutsche Übersetzung auf Transifex umzustellen. Ich hab langsam aber sicher die Nase gestrichen voll von Launchpad.
Ich wollte fragen, was man dafür tun muss. Bisher habe ich für die Strings nach 0.B noch nichts getan, ein Update darauf gab es eh nicht, also wäre bei einer Umstellung auf Transifex absolut nichts verloren.

[ħr]

Hi! I suggest to put the German translation to Transifex. I got sick of Launchpad entirely.
I wanted to ask what one has to do for that. So far I haven’t done anything for the strings after 0.B, there wasn’t an update either, so a switch to Transifex won’t destroy anything.

Really nice.
Give me your e-mail or nickname on transifex and i will send you invite. Then you will abble to make .po import.
All translation history will be lost (all translated strings will be translated by you).

My nick on Transifex is “Wuzzy”. Surprise! :smiley:

Done. Sorry for waiting. Now you can import translations and invite translators.

Wuzzy
To transfer translated strings from Launchpad, upload saved po files for existing game versions.

0.9, 0.A, and master are uploaded. It won’t let me upload 0.8 for some reason.
Why isn’t there 0.B available?

MOTD and credits are a joke, sorry. An entry for each line? Are you serious? Whoever manages this, please just make a single string for this. These strings are updated rarely (once per release) anyways.

0.9, 0.A, and master are uploaded. It won’t let me upload 0.8 for some reason.
0.8 is blocked for translations, It's too old. There is no reason to translate 0.8. No one uses it.
Why isn’t there 0.B available?
My bad. I really busy right now. It will be on weekend or earlier.
MOTD and credits are a joke, sorry. An entry for each line? Are you serious? Whoever manages this, please just make a single string for this. These strings are updated rarely (once per release) anyways.
This is impossible since strings in original file is stored one per line. In transifex they sorted as in file and you can see full file.

How is it impossible to import the contents of a single file as a single string into Transifex? Transifex should not have to care about how the game actually uses this file, so there should be no problem with treating it as single string.

Translating this line-by-line is just completely stupid and it doesn’t even work. To translate this, you would actually have to use an external text editor,
translate the full string there, and than pasting each line into Transifex. The reason for this is because you can’t translate the lines in isolation, mostly because of line breaks you have to use for verbose languages.

BUT: The English original credits file currently has 15 lines, but the comments say you can use up to 21 lines. But because you only imported it line-wise, you are still restricted to 15 lines. And NO, please don’t now add 6 empty strings to Transifex, this is just stupid.

So just import the contents of MOTD and credits as a single string each, this would be the most straightforward method.

If you are still unable to fix this, better remove this crap from Transifex, it would only irritate translators. A plain old pull request would be more efficient than using Transifex.

If you don’t want 0.8 to be translated, then why is it on Transifex then?

How is it impossible to import the contents of a single file as a single string into Transifex? Transifex should not have to care about how the game actually uses this file, so there should be no problem with treating it as single string.
It uses template system like in gettext pot => po. So, one string in template == one string in translation.
Translating this line-by-line is just completely stupid and it doesn’t even work. To translate this, you would actually have to use an external text editor, translate the full string there, and than pasting each line into Transifex. The reason for this is because you can’t translate the lines in isolation, mostly because of line breaks you have to use for verbose languages.
You can use external editor and import result into transifex.
BUT: The English original credits file currently has 15 lines, but the comments say you can use up to 21 lines. But because you only imported it line-wise, you are still restricted to 15 lines. And NO, please don’t now add 6 empty strings to Transifex, this is just stupid.
Yes, this is very bad behaviour... Roots of this problem in template system. one string in template == one string in translation. There is no fix.
If you are still unable to fix this, better remove this crap from Transifex, it would only irritate translators. A plain old pull request would be more efficient than using Transifex.
This templates is used and working, there is no reason to remove them from transifex. In some cases it's better to use pull request, yes, but not all translators able to use github.com or this forum. So, if can and want use pull request — do it. This only one right way to update motd and credits properly.
If you don’t want 0.8 to be translated, then why is it on Transifex then?
Yes. This will be removed.

btw, have site with pre-compiled translations. It may be useful for Windows users. http://heresy.soapfire.ru/cataclysm-dda/de/ Update every 3 hour.