Player armor issue

Version (stable) 0.A-2-g0e7da21 curses
Windows

I dont think its fair for a monster lets say a wolf to hit you in the torso while your wearing 2 Kevlar vests and a MBR (supper alloy) and it some how penetrates all layers (reenforced) without damaging any of the armor, and inflict a bleeding wound to your torso.
(Then the wolf runs off laughing while your shouting “d@mn it you little @#$% how the #$&&”) lol…

I have had countless monsters inflict a bleeding wound to my torso without damaging the armor. some times it seems they forget i have legs, arms, and a head. lol
Are torso hits at 90% hit percentage for all monsters??
A dog or wolf should at lest have a higher hit chance at the legs or arms (as you would use arms to defend your self, and legs are more accessible to them)

I know Kevlar isn’t very stab proof/resistant at all, but the MBR with supper alloy plates should stop a wolf from inflicting any torso wound. at least without tearing it apart first. It should at lest be “torn” before it could have a chance at penetrating through.

it seems a little unfair…

sorry for the rant lol… I know this game is still under heavy development.

Oh god… It is because of the fact you’re wearing two kevlar vests and an MBR vest. Don’t do that.

More accurately, it’s because you can’t dodge, thanks to the torso encumbrance from three vests, so the wolf gets a pretty easy shot at you.

Do be fair, taking heavy damage to a body part because it’s covered in so much armor that you can’t move it effectively doesn’t make a lot of sense, even if it is the correct technical explanation, so it’s a valid complaint.

I thought armour not protecting at all against enemies inflicting bleeding was a bug that was fixed a while ago? What build are you playing on?

Yeah, we’ve had the same issue with people taking damage through power armor. Traditionally it’s zombie kids bashing 'em to death. Some folks want immunity, others insist that 1 damage be the minimum, no matter how armored your are. I’m in favor of letting one be sealed off, but wev.

IMO, if armour has a listed coverage of 100%, like power armor, you should be unable to be damaged unless hit by sufficient force to damage the armour itself. Anything else makes no sense.

Game flaws that have part of a player base actively supporting them are always the hardest to fix.

Excessive bleeding is bug in the stable. It is corrected in experimental builds.

first off thank you to those who think its a valid complaint.

(@Solusphere my build version was mentioned before i started typing anything else. )

still even if i cant dodge i should of been wearing a sufficient amount of armor to protect me from a wolf bite capable of inflicting a bleeding blow without it damaging the armor first.
every time it happens I check my armor and its still has (reinforced) status.

what I’m saying is the armor should be sufficiently damaged before a bleeding hit could be possible. its not immunity in any way just armor acting as armor should.

a wolf should have to work harder to get its kill if its sufficiently armored, not cause a potential fatal hit on first strike. (if you bleed out)

Indeed, and it has been fixed here: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/6460

Stable is updated with fixes only in short window after release, so you have to switch to experimental, if you want this issue to be resolved. Experimental has its own bag of issues… so it is a tradeoff.

[quote=“Robik, post:9, topic:6960”]Indeed, and it has been fixed here: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/6460

Stable is updated with fixes only in short window after release, so you have to switch to experimental, if you want this issue to be resolved. Experimental has its own bag of issues… so it is a tradeoff.[/quote]

Right now, I’m sorry to say, stable may be the better bet. We’ve a pile of issues with a recent weather rework that have been complicated by a limb overhaul. We’re working on it.

I disagree with the later recomendation. Weather is pretty harsh, but still manageable. Sometimes it’s good to have something different… like another planet. So don’t be affraid of experimentals.