PKs_Rebalancing

You’ll still get hit by 20% of the hits you don’t dodge. More dodging helps, but you can’t mitigate it entirely.

True, but it isn’t a death sentence, i get your point in coverage, but i found it more expendable than a good ammount of protection according to my experience. Kay :slightly_smiling_face:

New Release. Fixed bees pkilling you. Now they shouldnt unless you get stung hundreds of times.

Something that’s annoyed me a while:
Why is the Chimera path more durable overall than the Medical path? Sure, Chimera is supposed to be an unstoppable force of nature that only dies when its natural body can no longer keep up with the strain, but being nigh-unkillable is literally Medical’s shtick.

This extends to vanilla, too; Medical doesn’t get any nice things like Regeneration or TAANK.

I’ll understand if you don’t share my opinion on the matter. I just feel that that Medical should be the king of durability.

I think that medical’s stichk should be more this:

And less ‘Durable’ like this:

Medicals should be durable pain craving addicts. The Chimera is literally a tank-sized amalgamation of flesh. It is so bad that I confused the jabberwock for a chimera mutant (its a blob, a shoggoth that lost control). Its a mountain of flesh, and its functional niche is, imo, ‘slightly lower attack but waaay higher hp and crazy metabolism’. I think medical should be durable but lack hp, being more about drugs and buffing in general. If I had my way the medical line would be more pain resistant, more capable of consuming drugs (but perhaps suffering more withdrawls or something) to amp up its statline, and result in mild mutations trends in blobation (i.e. acid vomit, stretch arms, reduced zed aggro(maybe), glow in the dark tagging system, etc). Medical would be a weird tree, not something that easily passes in non-sociopathic society.

I can see where you’re coming from. I don’t like the freakier stuff (like stretchier arms; at least, on Medical), but I do like some of those ideas. Medical just holds a special place in my heart, because it was the path Crazy Jack took.

Do you think they should get better healing due to the fact they’d be constantly using fast healing chemicals to supplement their natural abilities?

Vomitous is a weird mutation. I never saw how it was beneficial. Can you use it as an attack? Can you force yourself to vomit up toxic substances you might have ingested? I know Rat eventually gets Intestinal Fortitude from it.

If I had my way yea They’d have a projectile attack.

Stretchy arms would function like a default attack, but from a range of 2. No kung fu, though, just default attack.

Does medical lack a fast healer option?

It gets Fast Healer, but only Fast Healer, which seemed a little odd to me. Medical also doesn’t get Disease Immune, just Disease Resistant. Like I said, that’s odd to me, maybe not to you. I’m not sure why Plant and Trog get it though.

Troglobite is weird. And Dorfy.

When this happened? i used to get very fast healer and regeneration, that’s bad news for my new current char.

Oh no… come back Pisskop. Miss your objective banter and amazing mod (of which I am sure the new handliers will continue!). You my friend are a legend.

But there is hope yet, this game has its way to suck you back in. I took some leave to play ESO (an MMO) and Dwarf Fortress, but I just miss the solo roleplaying experience that is CDDA.

See you around buddy.

I added catfood to the following critters:

• domestic cats
  • skunk
  • dwarf coyote
  • large mole
  • Pigeon
  • Gull

Added Dogfood to the following:

• Dog
  • Large Dog
  • Pig
  • Pigeon
  • Gull

Give them love and they’ll join you on your quest to get them murdered by the first zed they see instead of you.

If the ‘pet’ expansion goes far enough I could be tempted to change cat and dog food into something more complex and allowing for more hardcore mons to be trained.

Pokemans, and such.

1 Like

So do we have the option to leash critters and drag them with us?

Also, anyone wanting to debate Heavy / standard / Light armor can hearken back to my debates on tailoring and leather. I think I ended up with a middle of the road result. Not sure who added it all in though. In short tailoring light patches shouldn’t impede to much and produce only 1-2 encumbrance. Follow this same logical path, the more crap you add, the more encumbrance the result.

It gives a flexible game play while allowing different modes of play and skill gain interest. The better the skill the more options. The options include light and mobile or medium to heavy and tanking CQC.

Anyone want to merge the new carrion and fire and such into the mod?

it’d be a fine way to practice json

newest build, 7476 get this error on attempt to load the mod:

If I add that variable after “type”: “town”
I get this

Edit:
Fixed it, here’s the patched version, it only has the regional settings .json file changed to suit the new basement generation recently added.
https://mega.nz/#!CAcwnCTa!8ZRVBDusVY5E8boh9dLxdO1ksDjtpalQ0b4gA0BUq6A

Here’s a patch for Whaley’s Big Buildings Pack, it only includes the changed file because idk what Whaley’s throughts are on permissions, full credits to them of course
https://mega.nz/#!jMF2FQ6I!sLx5q129veM7urZiGm0hZ7sw0eBF3lnSbBVbNm8sTKo

For basement related changes see https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/19376#issuecomment-399373492

Anyone know how stable the mod is with the current version? I don’t want to invest in a character and have it crash a bunch.

it’s stable with the fixed version I posted.
It crashes on startup on the normal one.

using it, seems ok so far besides an error on start up

src/assign.h:25 [void report_strict_violation(JsonObject&, const string&, const string&)] line 12:18: assignment does not update value

"morale": 30,
"melee_skill": 2,
"melee_dice":
             ^
"melee_dice_sides": 3,
"melee_cut": 2,

Kinda annoying but hopefully not important?

Yeah that piece of shit json error is bugging me to hell and back. Where is it from? I can’t find it for the life of me, there’s no bloody monster with 30 morale 2 melee and 2 dice in the whole damn repo!

Maybe it’s a copy-from the main DDA repo edited somehow? Or something?

Bear cub from main game have stats like this.
Also, error started to happen then cub was added to the game.