PK's Rebalancing Unofficial patch

I have no idea what you mean lol, I wasn’t aware robotic cops spawned on the lab, if you’re seeing robotic cops, perhaps you shouldn’t smash pawn store or bank windows, they’ll spawn eyebots, and eyebots taking photos of you spawn robotic cops.

Plus you could always make sure you have a seatbelt and use a good ol’ truck ram or exposives route to get in.

1 Like

That’s happened to me as well, almost every time I’ve done the lab patient challenge lately. It’s also been immensely helpful a couple times when I was able to hack them.

You know, in comparison to those other times when i made the attempt and they shot me farther than my hopes and dreams ever could because I was an idiot and stood in their field of view while making the attempt.

@dissociativity ok i have quite crappy news for you, i’ve checked all of my 167 mods and EXACTLY PK_rebalancing causes segmentation error upon reaching Items when loading mods, every other mod works flawlessly except for negligible errors but yours causes segmentation fault

I’m not sure why, i will ask peeps on discord to see what can be done, i have no idea why, honestly, but it’s definitely PK_rebalancing problem, we’ll have to do some research on this

I encounter same segmentation crash related to royal jelly after updating to latest build 10569.

1 Like

@dissociativity , @ScarPan, here is a fix for it - place this file - drop.json in PKs_Rebalancing-master/items, overwrite the old drop.json file

https://mega.nz/file/qV9lwJjR#aeZtLLAh8AOL6fPQQqzMud2Gz8-2J6z09GcXN9ynjQc

The problem was in the old format of Royal_Jelly action_use function

1 Like

Thank you for the help! I will test it out now.

Edit: Yep, it worked. 10569 with PK’s Rebalancing and didn’t experience the segmentation fault crash.

1 Like

tested it, and worked well…

but i still got segmentation crash when i use debug item spawn feature to search for RPK.

I’ll go ahead and merge that, thankyou for your efforts! I don’t get to playtest enough to catch all these and you already solved it while I was asleep <3

1 Like

DEBUG : Error: data/mods//PKs_Rebalancing-master//pk_construction.json: line 3:28: requested non-existing member “id”

[
{
“type”: “construction”,
^
“skill”: “survival”,
“description”: “Construct makeshift post-fence”,
“category”: “CONSTRUCT”,

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::new_character_tab()
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 781

i am getting only this error…how do i solve this…playing on build 10479.

Looking in the jsons I can’t really see what’s wrong with it, looks correct and on par with vanilla to me, how are you getting the mod, are you downloading a master zip file from the github as you should be doing for experimental builds?

Edit: tested and it definitely doesn’t give me that error in in new builds.

1 Like

actually i am using the mod pack given in the launcher…do i need to install it manually?i suppose the latest version?

EDIT: got the link…will get back to you incase if it breaks…thnx mate!

I don’t use nor support any mod packs or the launcher, I only resolve bugs with this, and conflicts with other mods from their souce.

1 Like

that is an old bug i used to get.

try adding “id : construct_fence” below the “type” there

i checked the json…but all of them are IDed…theres nothing missing

hmm… must be one of those pesky JSON bug…

i’ll check it out.

Thnx @Ricky_Van…do let me know whats up if you find anything, been wanting to try this mod for a long time…i am also playing with the mod secronom if that helps in any way

the problem is you using the pesky launcher instead of up to date mods lol, this was probably fixed months ago

this mod is maintained to support experimental, there is a build in releases in my github aimed at 0.E stable, I don’t support any sources outside of my github master build, pressing download zip.

tihs right? I posted after having tried it…

1 Like

have you tried the latest experimental build of cataclysm?
I just don’t see anyone else with this issue but you lol.
If I find a solution I’ll PR it in.

I only really support the latest experimentals.

I’m playing on 10479,0.E.