PK's Rebalancing Mod

Not too sure if I’m doing something wrong. I tried installing the newest version of the mod to the specified directory and even tried overwriting the version that comes with the latest experimental but I’m getting a load of errors one way or the other when using this thread’s version of the mod. Starting with a message about “duplicated definition of monster type “mon_zombie_brute_ninja”” and then following with “item group id revenant_death_drops is unknown” then more unknown errors for a bunch more items and then a bunch of errors about a bunch of invalid monster ID’s and other stuff.

okay.

this one was me.

revenant rocket s becauase there are 2 itemlist files now.
nightstalker and co is because i added the evolutions for brutes into the core game so that I could let them huggle even people who dont use the mod.

deleting the pk rebalancs folder the game comes with and them adding this will fix number 1.

I have to update my files to reflect the new zombies in the core game (brute nightstalker, brute wrestler, mancroc), and since they retain their original stats here I have to add them as edits to existing mons than new ones. which i did via the files that come with the core game but not in the ones im using in my expi.

i am using version o.c-4652, atm.
So i l know that downloading that version will work if you delete the pk rebalance mod folder that comes with the game and replace it with this.

I will have to update this afternoon though, since the brutes will break compatibility.

Okay.

Updated Mod for people using experimentals before 4652

Download this for Experimentals past ~4652.

I havent overwritten the above file, but if you do end up getting the bug reports and/or you are using a new experiemental use this one. It requires you delete the PK_mod folder that comes with the game. Until I finish merging the mod into the base game we have to.

It occurs to me that you may have missed the addition of mancrocs to the game and the subsequent buffing of biters into a more bear/wolf like monster.
And Ive added stamina potions that regeneration stamina over time. And hardy medikits. And beserker packs that can last for several minutes but simply destroy your health modifier and make you a weakling after.

Thanks, new version works great. Can’t wait for all the new beasties to tear me a new one :slight_smile:

This mod is the freaking greatest. Loving it. My main goal now is to become a fully qualified demon hunter.

I’ve never delved into mutations before, but I think I might now to help take on the hellspawn. What would be a mutation category to choose for this specific purpose?

Hey Pisskop, I’m thinking about giving your mod a try! Just want to know, I’m not sure, there’s new mobs? From your other posts, I guess you don’t use tiles, so my worry is what happens to people who do use.

tnx for your time!

they show up like default mobs do; colored like I set them.

so, for instance a nightstalker (thats now in the core game and merely ‘buffed’ back to its original stats by the mod) shows up as a white Z with a red background filling the rest of the tile. theres likely no set picture for it, so until tilesets set/make one it will show up like default ascii.
im not sure how paletable youll find it but since I

-cant art
-dont know how to tell tilesets to use certain sprites
-would probably have to code ‘compatibility patches’ for every single tileset individually

its likely only to be by special request and somebody telling me how that ido that.

.>
<.<

but retrodays should be supported. :o
and id be willing to work to help a tileset dev to fix it up.

Part of why Im trying to integrate this into the core game as an official mod is because then i could get help tilesetifying it

[quote=“hobophobic, post:105, topic:11323”]This mod is the freaking greatest. Loving it. My main goal now is to become a fully qualified demon hunter.

I’ve never delved into mutations before, but I think I might now to help take on the hellspawn. What would be a mutation category to choose for this specific purpose?[/quote]
tbh Im a fan of light mutations. those that arent severe enough to change my playstyle. IR vision, stat boosts, and at the extreme skin mutations.

Demons use a lot of environmental damage. fire, plasma, lightning. they cause heavy physical damage , and several do either no or huge amounts of cutting damage.
Almost all of them use ranged attacks. they have to ‘charge’ their attacks, and announce their attacks with text, such as
-the whining of electricity
-a warcry
-a hiss or rasp

and you can either back out of the range of their attack, stun them, or take cover.

many use attacks that stun you or smash you, and while they arent the slowest monsters, most ‘heavier’ demons will have issues keeping up with you if you sprint off.

Demons have what I would consider moderate to intense armor for monsters/npcs, and light to moderate if it were a PC.

they use purposely semi-inaccurate ranged attacks, because getting shot by enemies who havent attended the Stormtrooper Academy is frustrating. especially when its capable of bypassing armor.

the simpliest way to beat demons is to statbuff. they are designed for moderately leveled characters, not Marloss Man. I cant in good faith include Worldeaters in a mod that doesnt advertise them, after all. but they will absolutely shred most newb survivors and poorly equipped NPCs.

the next is to have nightvison/IR. the doom critters do, and unlike Zs will surround you much faster than youcan walk.

Good healing/stealth helps, but isnt going to take you home alone.

Medical tree gives you a lot of that. and pain loving selfcauterizing loonies fare better than others.
elf is also a strong tree.
ive never tried chimera but they can be beastly.
birds are capable shooters, but weakened physically. still guns are amust for taking on demons.

Anything that gains armor or heat resistance or fire armor.

preperation is the best defense tho. though Ive added meds and spawned them inside the demonhomes you should bring your own.

painkillers
hp healing
high armor
envio protection
grenades/explodies
Ammo

Ive raided the Spire with leather armor and a shotgun revolver, but I dont generally recommend it

This mod deserves to not be a mod and just get fully integrated into the core game afaic

Im not sure it is possible to make them use the default bombs, but Ive rigged up these and Im more or less content using them or even trying to poke them into the main game.

Kk.

Ive made recipes for the bomblet ammos and the makeshift bomblet shooties.
Ive added a ‘pistol’ that can be used with one hand crippled. I incidently found out that there was a weight cuttoff that I obviously had to duck under.

This heavy pistol has 2 chambers like the keltec shotgun, so it can hold 2 kinds of ammo. It can do basic burst firing, but has bad recoil.
Ive nerfed down most of the bomblets. They are certainly deadly, but perhaps not quite as much. I used 2-4 explosive bomblets on an NPC to kill it and used acid bomblets to choke it and keep it in the acid.

Stun bomblets are perhaps my favorite, though rightly so because they stun things in a wide area and do fairly considerable damge and stunning to anything they actually hit with the projectile. It does some phycial damage, stuns the enemy, they are ground zero for the flashbang, and then they also catch fire. The terrain cannot catch fire however.

Shock bomblets are essentially chain lightning with a little more stunning involved. 5 or so of those into a horde and most of them will be quite wounded.

Long story short, the bomblets are a but weaker but then again they werent meant to be so strong to begin with. They all have recipes and they all can still hurt a unskilled user but they are pretty fair if you have some skill.

Ive added the fire/acid manhacks to the PR list, but if they dont make it I do have all that data in the mod still, so Ill have to remember to pull it if it does make it.

Hey pisskop, so what is the most up to date version of the mod? The one prepackaged or the one on the download link?

If you mean the one that comes with the game its not done yet. its missing fungus for one.

the download is the one that is meant to be used until I finish the merging

Is the mod meant to be played with the new multi-pool stat system where you only get 2 stat points for character creation or is it balanced for the old system?

it should be about the same…

lower attribuites is not really an ‘earler’ game issue. and can be easily mitigated by select traits/skills, of which you probably have more of.

low attribuites is more of an endgame limitation on how much raw power your character can pull. 2, or even 4 points isnt goingto make or break you, or even be entirely noticable most cases.

this mod adds difficulty.

early game it adds numerically more zombies, more aggressive fungus, bashing ants, doom, and new triffids.
late game there are stronger versions of everything.

i am eventually going to re-tweak armor and attack values for my critters, but relative to each other, not you…

I want to take a moment to point out that your 80 is per part, and you have 6 parts, only two of which are vital.

pedit for the spellingz

1 Like

It wrecked the starter npc with almost no damage.
It has light armor, the ‘plastic’ attribuite, and some regeneration.

But, as you can see, it had the sharpened rebar stuck in him, so IDK if its a fair assessment to say the NPC is useless.
Do people think I could get away with more?

Squigs were added to funguses. After all, they are funguses. I considered extending the reference further to snotlings, but with the fungal zoms and the infected survivors theres not a terribly big reason to. Infected survivors can go out the window when we get more comprehensive NPC mutations in place, so maybe.

Now, I need to get to crackin’ on the doomhouses. I do want to do a Doomlab, but I want it explicitly modular. I want them all modular, but I guess having done the surface area as nonmodular I can keep them until 3d is implemented. Somebody else could make them? :v
The subsurface can me mostly modular though, so the tunnels will have variations and suchnots.

Before that however, Ive been playing with redoing the crawling zombie upgrades. Talk about inventory consistency between mother-daughter upgrades means that I should be looking to utilize this.

Im thinking a sludge-crawler zombie. But Im somewhat hesitant. I got nosold on the acidtrail zombie, despite it being a thing I want in this mod, but meh. Its going to have to be slow, which means a ranged attack my be best. It cant snipe, because Im not sure it can be justified in any way. I could do a blob ‘package’, that spits them out every so often. Necromancers do that though.

Im at a small loss. Though the blob idea is tempting. As a slow monster they become a problem you have to deal with. And as a sludge spewer you have a real issue. Im worried of course about too many blobs. I think I have a fair balance now. I see loose blobs on occassion. They are nice touches.

Otherwise, I do want to hammer down ant species, but that requires main-game coding. I could manage.

,{
“type” : “MONSTER”,
“id” : “mon_zombie_crawler_pk”,
“name”: “shambling zombie”,
“species”:“ZOMBIE”,
“default_faction”:“zombie”,
“symbol”:“Z”,
“color”:“green_yellow”,
“size”:“MEDIUM”,
“material”:“flesh”,
“diff”:24,
“aggression”:100,
“morale”:100,
“speed”:85,
“melee_skill”:5,
“melee_dice”:2,
“melee_dice_sides”:14,
“melee_cut”:1,
“dodge”:3,
“armor_bash”:7,
“armor_cut”:7,
“armor_fire”:1,
“vision_day”:30,
“vision_night”:3,
“hp”:90,
“death_function”:[“NORMAL”],
“special_when_hit”:[“ACIDSPLASH”, 7],
“special_attacks”: [[“ACID_BARF”, 30], [“GRAB”, 60], [“FORMBLOB”, 240]],
“description”:“A revolting crawling monster that excretes a copious amount of gooey sludge from its gaping chest cavity. Every so often a blob emerges from the mangled stumps that used to be legs.”,
“flags”:[“ACIDPROOF”, “ACID_BLOOD”, “SEES”, “HEARS”, “POISON”, “NO_BREATHE”, “REVIVES”, “PLASTIC”, “SLUDGEPROOF”, “SLUDGETRAIL”, “FLAMMABLE”, “ABSORBS”, “SWIMS”]
}

:smiley:

You could make them into living landmines if we’re talking crawling zeds. Maybe make them give off a smoke cloud too.

I’m definitely dreading a landmine zombie, so I support.