PK's Rebalancing Mod

Updated

More doomy stuffs.
Added sewer gator. Lower hp, higher dodge and attack
Added mutant factionsm, hopefully it encourages fighting and is a base for future additions.

Hotfixed because I downloaded the latest expi and why u obsolete my itemlists?
And turrets seem to be gone altogether?

The hell locations are rare but I have added

-hooked spikes
-mounted blades
-manacles

That are furnishings and drop spikes, blades, and steel chains respectively when basehed up.
The item spawns are working, and perhaps are too generous. I had to remove a few things because the game was more liberal spreading them out than I would have liked.

Like mounted lost souls that would light up the area and spit flame at you if you got close.

Should I take the Doom Critters out of this mod?

I want to make them seperate from this mod as an alternative to people who dont want all the changes this mod can bring, but they have assets that I plan to add to the game even.

The reason Id consider taking them out of this mod is to avoid confusion if people try to use both mods, and because they cross a line between soft fantasy and fantasy. They may not be rainbow-farting unicorns and D&D critters, but they do do supernatural things.

I know some people might care, but as to me, I personally donā€™t care what critters are added into CATA so long as they are plausible. By which I donā€™t mean ā€œis a zombie more plausible then a dinosaurā€ - but ā€œdo they integrate with the world and the post-apoc ecosystem in a way that allows me to suspend my disbelief.ā€

That being said, I think they are fine. Honestly, I kinda wish that zombie evolution was replaced with other (more dangerous) critters eating them over time and taking their place anyways. I donā€™t think DOOM fits into that, at least not as more then an occasional special, but on the other hand, I donā€™t mind seeing them every so often, either, especially as its an ā€œinvasion from dimensions BEYONDā€ sort of apocalypse.

although i am using your mod i havenā€™t encountered any of them yet so i canā€™t really sayā€¦ i just hope i wonā€™t meet any of the rocket-launching demons straight away.

I am getting a ton of debug errors now with the newest version of your mod installed. All seem to be related to GROUP_DOOM_STUFF. Not sure what I can do about this besides report it here so there ya go.

Itā€™s been probably a few days since I updated my Exp version so I suppose I will just try a newer update for now.

If you go near the castle the things spawn on top of each other, and since only 1 monster can occupy a space at a time it generates a debug.

Unless you are getting that every time you see them.

I have been trying to reduce them, but I dont quite know why they spawn so heavily. I get the same debugs when I on occasssion when zombe hordes spawn. I dont know what else to do but reduce the spawns.

Well, so far I am just getting this during world gen and loading the save. Still getting it with the latest Exp tho, so Iā€™ll just ignore it and play :slight_smile:

Unless youre using both this and the doom mod at once I dont know. Ill update and see, but I am not getting those messages now. :\

Only this PK mod is needed and not both the pk mod and the doom mod

Iā€™ll see what I find.

[quote=ā€œpisskop, post:89, topic:11323ā€]Unless youre using both this and the doom mod at once I dont know. Ill update and see, but I am not getting those messages now. :\

Iā€™ll see what I find.[/quote]

Well I am also using the Add Bandits mod, perhaps there are conflicts between the two.

[quote=ā€œhobophobic, post:90, topic:11323ā€][quote=ā€œpisskop, post:89, topic:11323ā€]Unless youre using both this and the doom mod at once I dont know. Ill update and see, but I am not getting those messages now. :\

Iā€™ll see what I find.[/quote]

Well I am also using the Add Bandits mod, perhaps there are conflicts between the two.[/quote]
110%

Heā€™s using a copy of my lists, so I imagine that when I added my new critter spawn lists he still has the older lists without those new critter lists.

I added doom_help, and updated doom_infantry. I also added doom_priest to the spawn list file instead of the hell_spire mapgen file.

You could add it yourself if you had the mind too, and we might be able to include it as an optional tie-in or extra mod if its so popular. Combined monsterlists is an example of what you would have to do to reconcile the differences.

Try this

I havent tested it. Will do. But make sure that the bandit mod is loaded after my own so it overwrites mine. I removed any spawn lists his had that dont contain any bandit spawning chance

pedit: g2g, I started a new character in a world using that and my mod.

If anything I will just revert to your older 0.75 or get rid of Add Bandits. I donā€™t know the first thing about actually building mods :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m getting duplicate monster definition errors when selecting new game with only your mod installed on the latest experimental. Seemed to be mon_imp

ohs?
:o

I just earlier today got mon_imp installed for the mod in the core game.

Its likely all of the doom critters. Its a sign of progress :o, but idk why it returns an error?

If you redownload the mod from the link in the op and delete the folder here:

[game]\data\mods\PKs_Rebalance

And then replace it with the dl it should work.

But yes. Only like four or 5 more PRs and were done

Ive decided to finally getting around to making the reaper and shredder manhacks actual things.

They have been in the raws for quite a while now, not operational or spawning (outside of hallucinations) due to them using fire or acid bombs. Which use iuse functions to blow up, and cant be used by the machine (or I dont know how do).

My solution is to begin working on a ā€˜bombletā€™ ammo type. It will eventually, if successful, be craftable, and the manhacks will themselves have to be crafted using an empty custom manhack. I will perhaps also want to make an underbarrel mount for firing them with a personal weapon?

Either way, I want my acidhack, and I want it now!

Acid bombs? Should be as simple as setting the fields in an explosion parameter right? KAMIKAZE monsters can use TRANSFORM tools after all.

"use_action": { "type": "explosion", "sound_volume": 0, "sound_msg": "Tick.", "no_deactivate_msg": "You've already pulled the %s's pin, try throwing it instead.", "fields_radius": 3, "fields_type": "fd_acid", "fields_min_density": 3, "fields_max_density": 3

Consider making a blood manhack, for purely lore reasons.

ā€œfields_radiusā€: 3,
ā€œfields_typeā€: ā€œfd_acidā€,
ā€œfields_min_densityā€: 3,
ā€œfields_max_densityā€: 3

o.o these exist? oh man. I can make a manhack that makes any kind of field . . .

Slimehack, sludgehack, glowboomer hack, plasmahack allmannerof blood hacks. . .

erm, I have, with some help, been able to make functional ammotypes for various ammos. These ā€˜bombletsā€™ have 1 damage, and no piercing.
Wat they do do is flag effects.

-explosive ammo makes explodey. So far proving hazardous to userā€™s health
-frag ammo makes frags in a small enough area to be relatively safe and poweful
-acid ammo makes a small field of dense acid and some toxic gas
-napalm ammo makes giant plumes of smoke and, well, fire
-stun ammo makes flashbooms and stun things
-and shock ammo makes a chain lightning attack and plasma field.

Huehuehue. I headshotted with the bouncing chain lightning. It occurs to me that a real bullet (the bomblets do 1 damage and 100 piercing) with the bouce skill would anihilate a crowd, since my launcher skill is only the 4 I leveled it to actually playing the game in Witt.

^^ I would like to point out that the actual projectile only targets hostiles. I shot at Ronald on purpose.

I dont think explosive ammo can be safely used. The range of the gun is too small, the explosion flag effect is too large, and the damage from the explosion effect is considerable.

Frag rounds are even more powerful since frags shot out multiple projectiles that each act like a single bullet. Anything caught in the 2-3 tile radius of ground zero is pummeled.
Cyberdemons, with their 21 armor and 500 health, only just survived their own rockets when I was using frag rockets for them.

Acid rounds are neat. Im a fan of acid bombs in-game, and though I share the dislike of corrosives I actually like acidics and spitters. Well spitters en masses is crap, but acidics are a great way to spice up zmen. The toxic gas breaks LoS and might piss off organic nonzombies.

stun rounds are perhaps the most reliable bomblets I tested. They usually arent so inaccurate as to affect you, they have a large radius, and they affect everything. When wielded from a holster it could perhaps be quicker than using an actual flashbang. Which is great for crowd control.

shock ammo is the most fun, hands down. Not relaly enough damage from lightning alone, and I dropped the plasma effect because I couldnt justify it.

So overall I would be happy making this ammo into part of the mod. As a short innaccurate gun or as a mod for a larger gun.

Updated Mod!

Kk. So Iā€™ve spent a lot of time either doing the Doom items, learning (and failing) to make a variety of items in the game, and translating some code so I might eventually reach an understanding of the code as a whole (half the reason I started a mod was to learn the code better), and playing myself.

Whats new? . . . hmmm, thats a fair question, isnt it.

Well, the most recent thing is the Bomblet Launchers and bomblet ammos. Ive added the above listed bomblet types, all low physical damage dealers.

• Explosive Bomblets - as dangerous to the user as everything else. Deals appreciable AoE damage.

• Frag Bomblets - Less dangerous to the user, but by no means very safe. Very high damage output that absolutely shreds vehicles and critters within a small radius. Like one-hit ko for you if you manage to aim poorly.

• Acid Bomblets - Small acid fields and a burst of toxic gas. Really air out that bandit cabin

• Fire Bomblets - Napalm filled shells that release copious amounts of LoS breaking smoke. Useful for creating temporary barriers between you and that horde down the street.

• Stun Bomblets - Perhaps the mmost readily usable bomblet, these create a large bang and lightshow that stuns those within. As a bonus it can create small fires if it strikes a target. Great for stunning large groups of monsters quickly, and if you have eye protection.

• Shock Bomblets - Weak rounds of electricity-loosing bomblets that will bounce around to create a large field of stunning. Not very powerful but if fired into a horde will hit most of them with one shot. If fired in rapid waves they can quickly add up.

They are fired from 1 of 4 current guns.
    -Pipe launcher. Basic improvised weapon. Be happy it doesnt explode in you face
    -Double barreled launcher. Still homemade, but homemade with more care. Can fire 2 rounds off at once for more ompph, or fire them seperately.
    -PRMP4, a ā€˜professionalā€™ gun that fires burst of 3 bomblets. Has the best accuracy, and holds 12 bomblets.
    -A mounted version that can hold 36 bomblets. Though until I get in crafting recipes they may be for show. Hopper fed mini-explosions?
    -An underbarrel mod to launch bomblets. Innacuate, which can be deadly if you arent careful.

What else?

Tweaks to various zombies, the finished up sety of doom armor and doom medicines, all found in doom-critter homes, and a few tweaks here and there.
Ive added some of the created items of mine to various item lists. Mostly rare/very uncommon items, but you can find some of the PRM medical items in their proper places. Of course they are usually high end armors and items, so mostly military/swat things will have them. They are somewhat uncommon though.

Progress on the Mod Integration into the core game is progressing. We are more or less there, but we still have a few more PRs before we actually get done.