PK's Rebalancing Mod

Coincidentally, I’ve had the same issue with the strange cabin not generating and giving me errors when I read the mysterious note.
My health habits were pretty decent, I was eating well, sleeping lots and taking multivitamins twice a day, but my health dropped like a rock. When I checked my health I think my modifier was at 30 and I had 0 radiation, so I have no idea what was going on. It seems to have evened out and I’m starting to get my health up again after I reset it to 0 but I don’t have a clue what that was all about.

we can address it tomorrow. theres always some initial tweaking with objects when they are new.

in other news, my game throw up 2 corrupted map files. found them by poe. but this is my play through file :frowning: loads now though

caused by a ‘sugrar shack’. wtf is a sugar shack?

[quote=“pisskop, post:1002, topic:11323”]we can address it tomorrow. theres always some initial tweaking with objects when they are new.

in other news, my game throw up 2 corrupted map files. found them by poe. but this is my play through file :frowning: loads now though

caused by a ‘sugrar shack’. wtf is a sugar shack?[/quote]
I found one of those too. Thought it would be a drug den, but it was just full of maple syrup, pies and pancakes. Didn’t help that there was a cop zombie out the front…

[quote=“ZenZen2, post:1000, topic:11323”]Got a debug on entering a new world:
nonexistent vehicle type: “aapc_bfg”

I noticed the strange cabin is forced to spawn, the game has problems to do it, most of the time i have to retry a few times.
Doomlab doesnt spawn if it is NOT forced to spawn. Thats a real problem. By forcing it to spawn, it takes me some “retrys” until it generates a map with it.

I dont get how the overmap_special spawn work, was trying to get shipwreck to spawn. From what i see it should spawn without problems but it doesnt.
Forcing it to spawn will result in many retrys (i gave up after around 10 trys, that thing shouldnt be forced to spawn).
There are other locations that seem never to appear.
What do i miss?[/quote]

1: aapc bfg is real and spawns with no issues for me.

2: doomlab is not forced to spawn. However, I can make it spawn in the wilderness and/or swamp as well as forests. Might have to be done to preserve the start, at least until Coolthulu gets working on this new mapgen he was talking about

3: cabin was fixed by expanding its range. The problem is the game does not intelligently place objects, so it has to randomly place it in a correct position. I refer to my comment about coolthulu from (2).

4: I guess there are only 3.

AFA: RE:Health

Yes, if you drink wine exclusively, wear warm clothing on hot days, and fight baddies with germs, you will be getting sick. PRM does do this; it takes the health system and makes it more integrated into the game. More things make you unhealthy because the stress of the apocalypse isnt limited to bad food.

So the tweaks.

I had already given the cabin anywhere, just like a certain camp … but now doomlab can as well.

Spawning aapc_bfg from debug menu works without any problems. Will report with full debug message if it happens again.

Thanks a lot for the fast changes.
Going to play with it now.

[quote=“pisskop, post:1004, topic:11323”]AFA: RE:Health

Yes, if you drink wine exclusively, wear warm clothing on hot days, and fight baddies with germs, you will be getting sick. PRM does do this; it takes the health system and makes it more integrated into the game. More things make you unhealthy because the stress of the apocalypse isnt limited to bad food.[/quote]
I was inside reading and craft most of the time. It might have gotten a bit warm during the day but I did little or no fighting and wasn’t sitting in the sun or anything. I guess I’ll just have to keep a good eye out for the leukocyte breeder…

Hello,

is there any optimal way to create a world with this mod enabled? So far I tried at least 20 different combinations and I’m always unable to create a world since some structures don’t have space to be placed? Do I just ignore this and play or is there some magic number you can use to create the world without errors.

This is the only mod that modifies the overmap for me if that matters.

you can safely ignore any error about unspawned structures unless you demand they be present.

The reason it may report that is the game doesnt look for the conditions to place them; it places everything and removes things after.

I play with 5 city distance, 10 city size. I have adjusted some of the more demanding structures to spawn more liberally; things like the necropolis, beehives, and doomlabs need specific conditions in order to spawn.

I would like opinions on monster frequency.

• Squigs: too common?
  • Special zeds: too common?
  • Ants: too dense?
  • Fungus: Too dense?
  • Robots: Too common?
  • Other things: how do?

Piss.

I healed my legs but didnt record my harrowing adventure into ‘hospital land’.

Added in a portable syringe of stem cell treatment ala MR STEM CELL terminal at the hospitals.

Works exactly like the computer.

Obviously very rare. Look at hospitals or on drug dealers or scientists.

Imo, squig bite attack is too strong now. They are regenerating fast and tearing apart zombies like rags. I’ve seen 2 squigs and how they erased whole zombie horde. Fuck, impressive. Even high explosive can’t create that much gore and blood.
Fuking hate blobs and their paralize.
Too many triffid queens sometimes. Maybe it worth to make them stronger, but less frequent.
Goddamn creepers are spawning almost in front of me, day time.
Robocops may stunlock you real hard with a teargas+confuse+blindness combo, i think its little bit overpowerful for one single enemy.
Also, freaking guard ciborgs and their fusion cannons completely burned down the police hub. There was fight with zombies, who were in the hub with them too, even tank drone didn’t survive that hell. I didn’t get close to the building.

The creepers dig, so you wont see them until they surface. You should be able to spot their trail, however.

Im talking about suicide bombers, not the exploding plants, i disabled them. In the xotto tileset they appear like minecraft creepers, lol. Common and emp-charged.

Hey PK,
I really appreciate your take on the game, and hope you keep up the good work in progress. Your mod cost ~20 ordinary mods in game. I also wanted to say that I’ve been really enjoying your video Lets play CDDA personally whith only one correction - without audio tracks. I listen OST mp3: Gothic III, TESV Skyrim, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, The Witcher. My congratulation! Cheer!

[spoiler]
You asked …WHAT YOU WANT GUYS
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=12051.msg295288#msg295288
Stopping by to ask what kind of special attacks you guys want to see.
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=12051.msg293208#msg293208
…what you asked for, isnt it?

Compilation PKs mod with original games properly, as for me:
1st variant - Divide mod on parts:
1 mod ___ compatible with origcore game content: items, bild structures, mobs
2 mod not compatible with origcore game content: functions, subordination, equalization
2nd variant - Introduce as like a separate independent territory or lands or island on overmap:

• in overmap: original content - “poor land” - it’s one territory
  • in overmap: where PKs mod was located - “forbiding land” (Lite, Hard, eXtrimely dangerous) - it’s other thing another territory. If you make a step in this territory - don’t feel angry himself
    As a sample https://github.com/korick/1/CDDA_PKs_mod_sample_1.png
    3rd variant - Obsolete mod
    Direct orientation toward origcore game for diseasless inserting contents in game (2Mb string code!).
    Because if you take off, break off work - obsolete mod, and who can develop and integrity mod in origcore game whith minimum errors, bugs and handle correction.[/spoiler]
    Can you see suggestion, errors about game for developers
    https://github.com/korick/1/
    08_CDDA_idea_eng.txt.xml
    CDDA_bot_main_menu.gif CDDA_PKs_mod_sample_1.png CDDA_statistica.gif
    I not have internet connections now can read thread later
    CDDA Russian-Team

Im talking about suicide bombers, not the exploding plants, i disabled them. In the xotto tileset they appear like minecraft creepers, lol. Common and emp-charged.[/quote]
the minecraft hissing broods dig. can_dig, so they cross road and swim too.

defeating them is kind of like defeating a manhack that explodes. get it to puff and hiss and flee

[quote=“kostik33, post:1016, topic:11323”]Hey PK,
I really appreciate your take on the game, and hope you keep up the good work in progress. Your mod cost ~20 ordinary mods in game. I also wanted to say that I’ve been really enjoying your video Lets play CDDA personally whith only one correction - without audio tracks. I listen OST mp3: Gothic III, TESV Skyrim, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, The Witcher. My congratulation! Cheer!

[spoiler]
You asked …WHAT YOU WANT GUYS
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=12051.msg295288#msg295288
Stopping by to ask what kind of special attacks you guys want to see.
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=12051.msg293208#msg293208
…what you asked for, isnt it?

Compilation PKs mod with original games properly, as for me:
1st variant - Divide mod on parts:
1 mod ___ compatible with origcore game content: items, bild structures, mobs
2 mod not compatible with origcore game content: functions, subordination, equalization
2nd variant - Introduce as like a separate independent territory or lands or island on overmap:

• in overmap: original content - “poor land” - it’s one territory
  • in overmap: where PKs mod was located - “forbiding land” (Lite, Hard, eXtrimely dangerous) - it’s other thing another territory. If you make a step in this territory - don’t feel angry himself
    As a sample https://github.com/korick/1/CDDA_PKs_mod_sample_1.png
    3rd variant - Obsolete mod
    Direct orientation toward origcore game for diseasless inserting contents in game (2Mb string code!).
    Because if you take off, break off work - obsolete mod, and who can develop and integrity mod in origcore game whith minimum errors, bugs and handle correction.[/spoiler]
    Can you see suggestion, errors about game for developers
    https://github.com/korick/1/
    08_CDDA_idea_eng.txt.xml
    CDDA_bot_main_menu.gif CDDA_PKs_mod_sample_1.png CDDA_statistica.gif
    I not have internet connections now can read thread later
    CDDA Russian-Team[/quote]
    hunh.

a soundpack would be good, tbh

[quote=“pisskop, post:1010, topic:11323”]I would like opinions on monster frequency.

• Squigs: too common?[/quote]
    I actually haven’t been having a problem with squigs, except that they make swamps even more a a warzone and seem not to be tied to spawning near fungal structures
- Special zeds: too common?

I have noticed that it seems like non-regular zombies replace large hoards of regular zombies - the most numerous zombie I see right now (spring year 2, 28-day seasons) is hungry zombies. That might be an evolution-dead-end thing, especially since most large groups I encounter at this point have several masters with them, and that could be just taking all of the zombies and pushing them to maximum evolution. Maybe relying more on evolution dead ends rather than long evolution timers because the frequency of masters makes the evolution timers irrelevant?

It also seems like there is something wrong with spawn tables or something like that - a few times when I’ve been venturing into cities, rather than finding hoards of zombies I’ve encountered hoards of zombies fighting swarms of blobs (which normally turns into just a swarm of blobs pretty quickly). Is that intended?

- Ants: too dense?
I haven't noticed any issues with ants
- Fungus: Too dense?
Or fungus.

It does seem like squigs and infected survivors can spawn regardless of distance to a fungal structure, and I remember reading something in the lore about the triffids being the anti-fungus and thus wondering at the fungal triffids, but I haven’t seen any issues with density of either fungal monsters or structures

- Robots: Too common?
The one robot that I'll object to is the guard cyborg, simply because the arm blaster can allow them to insta-kill you without warning, even with fairly-late-game gear. I think I've only encountered
- Other things: how do?
When do Megabears start showing up? I see the helmet recipe, but haven't seen any megabears to get the requisite skull from.

Ive reduced the populations of triffids, made squigs rarer in swamps (they are not explicitly tied to fungal structures), and Ive made megabears spawn earlier around radioactive environments.