Pit ideas and such

There’s a canal mod, it lets you extend shallow water. I got it off the discord, there’s a pinned modlist in cataclysm-general

Zombies have the nobreath flag, they don’t drown. They’ll just walk across on the bottom of the river, think Dawn of the Dead, the one with John Leguizamo? That’s a good example of the zombies AI too, aside from the genius gas station attendant zombie. They’ll walk towards sounds, follow scent trails and will ignore all that at sight of something they’re hostile too. So funnels don’t really work that well.

If you play with wandering hordes enabled, sometimes you can get creative with noises to direct the hordes where you want them, but it’s not a passive thing by any means.

That said, I’d love to be able to make a trench and fill it with gasoline or some other inflammable liquid. That and a fence would take care of 90% of the zombies. It’s possible to get something similar with shallow pits and burnable items like wood or poured gasoline, but it takes a long time to set up and you have to micromanage it to keep it going.

huh strange i have seen zombie enter a pool or some easy to see body of water and never get out. also i was saying the moat would mostly be a funnel defense ment to get to zombie to go somewhere. and not a lone defence. and ia did add the option for acid water

Land of the Dead. But yeah. Was really funny stuff. …“so wtf was that? Screaming practice?” Guy had some funny lines he adlibbed the whole film xD

1 Like