Issues I have

Well, it seems like these issues need to be resolved.

Pits are fucking Over Powered! I mean really? Wouldn’t pits have a capacity of a certain amount of zombies? After a certain point you would think they would be full. But no, zombies keep shambling in like nothing else. I wouldn’t mind if you didn’t clean out the pits with fire or something that the pit would changed to a Filled Pit tile, being difficult terrain but walkable.

Trap Fields. I mean really? Are you kidding me? Who goes into towns and just throws up some shoddy ass traps and runs off? I doubt the zombies built them. And if they did I commemorate them for testing their own handiwork.

Smell. Currently, zombies have bloodhound level smell and can track you through walls? It’s fucking irritating, human noses can’t handle that level of sensory output even if they did have enough receptors to pick it all up. A bloodhounds brain has 40% of its brain dedicated to smell, humans? A meager 13%! Including memory for smells!

I feel that’s enough ranting. Also why was lightning cut? Couldn’t it be diverted by metal objects laying outside? Or lowered in frequency? Or both?

TDW has prototyped some code to make pits fill in, but it never got polished enough to push to master.

Agreed.

This was recently toned down, twice. It might be at a fairly reasonable level now.

I would love to see trap fields replaced with trap-protected houses, and perhaps “campsites” that have traps around them, and then in the fields focus on more hunter-specific traps - instead of fields, have the occasional bear trap or something.

On the other hand, gameplay-wise trap-fields are pretty fun. I think with some effort they could seem a lot more reasonable and interesting and still work basically the way they do now.

Well, these are outdated opinions but are mostly still relevant. The only thing that overpowers traps is a zombie necromancer.

How big and how long does the scent trail last now?

And I wouldn’t mind if it was around a tent with some supplies but now it’s just a random annoyance.

I think making the traps less random, and more connected to houses/campsites/whatevs would be a really good idea. Minefields somewhat the same, perhaps even with warning signs in some areas.

Agreed about attaching traps to structures instead of to random spots on the map, though I think a trap-guarded stash still makes sense out in the woods somewhere.

If you’re hoping for the roads to be clear though you’re out of luck, look forward to wrecked cars, barricades, and potholes in the future. At the end you’ll probably need a motorcycle or maybe 4-wheeler to explore towns.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:6, topic:204”]Agreed about attaching traps to structures instead of to random spots on the map, though I think a trap-guarded stash still makes sense out in the woods somewhere.

If you’re hoping for the roads to be clear though you’re out of luck, look forward to wrecked cars, barricades, and potholes in the future. At the end you’ll probably need a motorcycle or maybe 4-wheeler to explore towns.[/quote]

Fuck yes.

Not if you have a cow-scraper to push the shit out of the way.

I think traps need to be harder to spot or something. Right now I leave my perception at normal and it’s a rare trap that I can’t spot.

A small note about smells, They cannot smell you through walls, But your odor can travel through doors/windows.
(You can see smell with a Sensory CBM)

I don’t think smell should pass through closed doors or windows.

I think it should, but only at much reduced levels.

Which is what it does now.

Well then I have zero issue with it. Which is also what I read after I looked into it. After making that post. :stuck_out_tongue: