Overall Misaligned Tiles

Hi everyone.

I’ve been using tiles for a while, but they seem to be misaligned. I think I always played like that (I’m a novice player).
This is Chezzo tileset, but it also happens to every other tileset available.

Terrain has these “black 1 pixel wide lines” around them, while walking. They are not fixed, sometimes they disapear. They seem related to shadow (LOS) moving onto those blocks. Sometimes they are white.

Countertops, tables, beds and fences are generally misaligned on one of their corners, as you guys can see. There are others misaligments too, but seems to be more or less the same 1 pixel problem.

Is this expected? This happens just to me?

I’m always using the lastest experimentals. I’ve already wiped out my Cataclism folder many times, fresh “install”, but always the same problem.

Any ideas?

Try turning off Software rendering if you have it turned on and restart the game.

Oh man, that happened to me, too once. I think I changed my height and/or width up or down a notch (The ? help menu, Then 2, then > to graphics and adjust terminal height and width.) and that fixed it.

No, I’ve gotten this too, with nothing I could do to fix it, and it’s not just misaligned tiles. It’s also full of graphical glitches and weirdness too, and only happens on windows.I think it has either something to do the version of sdl that’s on windows 10 or some incompatibility with something semi-recently added to ‘optimize’ tiles rendering. I switched to linux so I could use tiles (whcih works fine), but then just ended up using square unifont ascii after I got tired of the lighting glitches and lack that exist in tiles mode.

That’s odd. Not something I’ve seen before, at last on my end. I’ve had issues with testing MShock Modded after editing, every so often I discover I accidentally hit an arrow key in GIMP and shifted everything a bit, but…

That would have very obvious, consistent results and would be easily recognized as transparency errors.

When I was having this problem on windows, I started as a miner next to a rift. It was exactly like looking into the void in halflife 2 or something, with weird screen glitching and persistent uncleaned sprites when you move around. Didn’t notice the weird tile stretching till I got up on the surface though, either it was too dark or it didn’t happen till I got up there or there was sunlight or something. Could have been lighting related? Probably not.

You might want to try messing with either font.json or fontdata.json. I’ve seen this happen, and I think it was a result of me messing with the font settings.