Crash when i use tiles

Since the version 1035
I have a crash/bug each time i use Tiles
(sorry, i’m french so if i spell wrong a word sorry)
(google translate)

Problem Signature:
Name Problem Event: APPCRASH
Application Name: cataclysm-tiles.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Timestamp of the application: 53157822
Name of the default module: cataclysm-tiles.exe
Version of the default module: 0.0.0.0
Timestamp default module: 53157822
Exception code: C0000005
Shifting the exception 00024ae5
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3084
Additional Information 1: ff25
Additional Information 2: ff25a1640e9776ce8d600bc17fee902f
Additional Information 3: 2156
Additional Information 4: 215698a870f5cc7df80a12fd88b4881b

I have the same issue. :frowning:

Edit: After reinstalling the game everything works now.
I don’t know what the issue was.

I seem to have a similar problem. I do believe the last working version with tiles was revision 1007 (just before all the failed revisions) Not sure if it’ll be of any help, but there it is.

Also not sure if this is relevant to the issue, but on checking the logg file

“Attempting to Load Tileset file
Could not locate tileset file at D:\Games\cata\gfx\TsuTileset\tsutiles.png
Tiles initialized successfully.”

Just a note, I did try modifying the tileset files, hence why the full location is there, but the message is the same for the original just a shorter file path.

For me the problem continue

Still not working with build #1051, or if you prefer “0.A-259-ga33ee4f”

Just some notes, I’m running windows 8 on my laptop and 8.1 on my PC (I have tested cataclysm on both) the issues only occur when running with tiles, no matter what the tileset. I have tried the standard fixes, such as running in compatibility and running as admin.

All works for me now we just have to put the 3 files in the game folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xoatmqvzxvtzis8/Tiles+corrector+cataclysm-DDA.zip

Thank you Abalieno

Fresh copies of Cataclysm Tiles on windows XP, builds 1050, 1055, 1060, and 1061 (0.A-312-g706ccb3) all crash just before loading into the game world when “use tiles” is set to true.

Placing the 3 files from the zip below into the same folder as cataclysm-tiles.exe appears to solve the crash.

[quote=“Bakit, post:6, topic:5291”]All works for me now we just have to put the 3 files in the game folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xoatmqvzxvtzis8/Tiles+corrector+cataclysm-DDA.zip

Thank you Abalieno[/quote]

Contents of logg.txt:

Attempting to initialize accelerated SDL renderer. Initializing SDL Tiles context Attempting to Initialize JSON and TILESET path information from [gfx] JSON path set to [gfx/HoderTileset/tile_config.json]. TILESET path set to [gfx/HoderTileset/hodertiles.png]. Attempting to Load JSON file Tile Width: 16 Tile Height: 16 Tile Definitions: 1899 Attempting to Load Tileset file Could not locate tileset file at gfx/HoderTileset/hodertiles.png Tiles initialized successfully. Loading truetype font [data\font\terminus.fon]. mod_ui initialized

If these are the SDL2 libraries, I say these should be included in the experimental download.

Bumping the thread.

Why are you bumping the thread? Did including the dlls not fix the crash for you?
If it did fix the crash do you still have animation, such as a car driving or bullets firing?
I am trying to figure out if the lack of animation is an issue specific to me, or maybe win8.

[quote=“polpoint, post:10, topic:5291”]Why are you bumping the thread? Did including the dlls not fix the crash for you?
If it did fix the crash do you still have animation, such as a car driving or bullets firing?
I am trying to figure out if the lack of animation is an issue specific to me, or maybe win8.[/quote]I think the problem is that it takes including DLLs from a third-party source to make the experimental run. And that it causes the aforementioned animation problems.

Already posted in your other thread polpoint, but the issue is not specific to you. Its hard to say if projectile animations are broken by the move to SDL2, or if its this fix that causes them to break. We would need either official/secondary dll files to test with, or comment from the devs at this point. Its a bit strange to have not heard from any of em on this issue in any of the threads, but with KA101 bumping, perhaps we can assume that he will be in touch with em.

EDIT: Looks like there was discussion on github about this issue about 10 days ago: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/6422

I bumped the thread so hopefully people would be better able to find it.

I’ve just verified the problem and the fix, so I will now post a thread clearly stating the same, and ask that you keep it bumped until such time as we can sticky it. Thanks for helping us help you.

Same problem here, curses runs fine.

[quote=“KA101, post:13, topic:5291”]I bumped the thread so hopefully people would be better able to find it.

I’ve just verified the problem and the fix, so I will now post a thread clearly stating the same, and ask that you keep it bumped until such time as we can sticky it. Thanks for helping us help you.[/quote]It should however be noted that using the fix introduces a bug in rendering wherein no animations ever render. Bullet shots, explosions, fast move with the mouse, even sleeping - all of those skip rendering the inbetween frames, and just skip right from the start to after the action resolves. With actions like sleeping, which take a while, it looks a lot like the game freezes for a good few seconds.

Sorry for the necrobump, But i am not able to run tiles either, The game will not start. Is there a solution now ?

When I had the problem of it not running at all I had to go into the options file (cataclysm dir\config\options.txt) and change software rendering to true.