Orgasmic Music? Needs Nerf

Morale is those good feels, which you use to recover from your friend killing and child zombie slaying, then after your binge and recover from a crazy night you use that focus to study, at least that was my plan in college :slight_smile:

And so, yet again creamy goodness ignores everything mentioned.

Morale is those good feels, which you use to recover from your friend killing and child zombie slaying, then after your binge and recover from a crazy night you use that focus to study, at least that was my plan in college :)[/quote]
No, it’s not, it’s what everyone else is saying. The primary effect of morale in the game is to maintain focus that is then used for learning. Regardless of how much “good feels” you have, if it doesn’t translate into ability to concentrate/focus, it’s not what we call “morale” in the game.

Morale is those good feels, which you use to recover from your friend killing and child zombie slaying, then after your binge and recover from a crazy night you use that focus to study, at least that was my plan in college :)[/quote]
No, it’s not, it’s what everyone else is saying. The primary effect of morale in the game is to maintain focus that is then used for learning. Regardless of how much “good feels” you have, if it doesn’t translate into ability to concentrate/focus, it’s not what we call “morale” in the game.[/quote]

No you misunderstand me I was simply making a joke. im just stating what happens in the game, read skill book, get mad at reading skill book, read good book then no longer mad at boring book, calm down gaining focus then using said focus to learn again. im not arguing that morale is used for maintaining focus or that focus used for learning, simply that the focus comes after the moral good feels, IF the focus is gone and spent before a morale binge such as drugs, alcohol, or a good book. I was just joking around over exaggerating using negative morals such as killing.

It’s a little hard to tell when you’re joking if the point of the joke is the same thing you’ve been arguing seriously.

I have been using drugs a lot in my references, but drugs, alcohol doesn’t need to be touched. the only thing im trying to say is mp3 players give a somewhat unbalanced morale compared to other things that do give morale

Ignore the meaning of the word morale for now, and instead look at the purpose of the mechanic - Helping you focus your mind to learn better. For this purpose music has a high benefit in real life.

That said, listening to music while studying can distract, just like any other distraction. At worst, though, it might slow down read times. It should also hit you with the hard of hearing penalties for anything else you might hear.

[quote=“Khrysanth, post:47, topic:6153”]Ignore the meaning of the word morale for now, and instead look at the purpose of the mechanic - Helping you focus your mind to learn better. For this purpose music has a high benefit in real life.

That said, listening to music while studying can distract, just like any other distraction. At worst, though, it might slow down read times. It should also hit you with the hard of hearing penalties for anything else you might hear.[/quote]

You have some good points. like many people have mentioned it would vary from person to person. Ive always looked at morale as happiness, I mean you character does get happier when you morale goes up. but maybe morale is just too broad a term if they don’t want drugs and alcohol indirectly help study, because im always trashed when I read skill books, how I remember what I read don’t ask me.

Now you’ve done it… there’s a vibrator item that might be included in the next version.

I honestly have no issues with that addition.

Now to get an atomic battery mod ready…

That gave me some pretty good lols the comments are funny too

About the music and drugs… I think it should be changed how both of them work:

1. As someone said before - drugs don’t give you strength IRL, they just cause you to not give a f**k about some additional weight you might be carrying.
  2. Although drugs like heroin don’t let you focus better, i think someone under influence of it wouldn’t care about killing a zombie child/innocent(though after the effect wears off, he/she might remember it and get even worse morale penalty)
  3. Someone who constantly gets wet, kills child zombies or “innocent” NPC’s and does other morale reducing things would get used to them after a while(short while or pretty damn long while, depending on traits). They might have some occasionall nightmares about killing though.
  4. Never smoked pot in my life so i don’t know how it works. Pretty sure it will make you happy(on most occasions) but you wouldn’t be able to learn anything while stoned.
  5. Xanax… it wouldn’t increase your morale(at least not the kind of “morale” defined in this game) - it just makes you care slightly less about whatever put you in the miserable state that you would need it. I guarantee that you wouldn’t be able to focus on much after taking it.
  6. The word “morale” in this game causes A LOT of confusion, just as this thread shows. It should be changed to something like “focus modifiers”.
  7. There should be a separate system for showing how “good” our character feels. Feeling too happy? Euphoria won’t let you focus. Feeling too sad? Depression won’t let you focus. The happiness and sadness would probably have some more effects than just decreasing focus, but other than messages like “you keep thinking about suicide.”(depression) or “you notice a cute kitty, you love kitties~<3”(euphoria), i can’t think of anything else right now.

There should be a PCP drug. When you use it, you have control for several more turns, then you lose all control. For the next however many turns, the AI takes over, gives your character +5 strength, and mercilessly melee attacks anything that comes near. You occasionally feel compelled to smash doors/windows/fences. Any damage you take does not cause pain until the effects wear off.

Hehehe. The AI… Hahahaha.

PCP is an animal tranquiliser. It doesn’t turn people into raging berserkers. It makes them sleepy and confused.

Try taking something meant to make you sleep and force yourself to stay awake. A friend of mine woke up in a field two hours away from his home after staying awake after taking ambien.

Wandering around and bumping into things for a few hours in a benzo-fugue isn’t even remotely similar to tearing a crowd of people apart with your bare hands.

PCP simply doesn’t work the way people seem to think it does. All those stories of insane PCP-induced violence were from sensationalist reefer-madness media stories, and debunked way back in the seventies. The very few PCP-crazed killers who actually existed were all insanely violent psychopaths, and were almost always cranked up on all kinds of other drugs and craziness when they did their evil deeds. PCP isn’t much different from Robotussin. It just makes you numb and sleepy and wander around stupidly for a few hours. That’s it.

Perhaps taking more than one drug at a time should be dangerous. Add crafting recipes for safer drug cocktails…