Orgasmic Music? Needs Nerf

So im running around getting drunk, punching zombies in the face as I normally do, and I come across an electronics store, I found a mp3 player and tried it and surprisingly it brought me all the way up 50 plus moral, why is this allowed when most drugs and sedatives don’t even give that, I get it that it uses up batteries and that’s a resource but I still think its too strong

If I found cannabis post apocalyptic I can tell you I would be at least 10 times happier than if I found an mp3 Player.

Either other forms of moral need a increase or music needs a nerf, What do you guys think?

Nerf, yeah… Maybe. It should depend on some kind of trait, maybe related to reading, also.

I feel like some things could mix with music to make it sound better like drugs and alcohol, a musician trait would be neat. You thinking reading is OP? The only reason I think it isn’t is because its a out of combat only moral booster so I just see it as a way of kicking back and gathering yourself after a blood bath

[quote=“Creamy Goodness, post:1, topic:6153”]So im running around getting drunk, punching zombies in the face as I normally do, and I come across an electronics store, I found a mp3 player and tried it and surprisingly it brought me all the way up 50 plus moral, why is this allowed when most drugs and sedatives don’t even give that, I get it that it uses up batteries and that’s a resource but I still think its too strong

If I found cannabis post apocalyptic I can tell you I would be at least 10 times happier than if I found an mp3 Player.

Either other forms of moral need a increase or music needs a nerf, What do you guys think?[/quote]

Its probably due to the fact that MP3s EAT batteries, which unlike most drugs are actually have a lot of more productive uses. I mean you just can’t compare the uses of a pack of batteries and the uses of a bag of coke.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:4, topic:6153”][quote=“Creamy Goodness, post:1, topic:6153”]So im running around getting drunk, punching zombies in the face as I normally do, and I come across an electronics store, I found a mp3 player and tried it and surprisingly it brought me all the way up 50 plus moral, why is this allowed when most drugs and sedatives don’t even give that, I get it that it uses up batteries and that’s a resource but I still think its too strong

Either other forms of moral need a increase or music needs a nerf, What do you guys think?[/quote]

Its probably due to the fact that MP3s EAT batteries, which unlike most drugs are actually have a lot of more productive uses. I mean you just can’t compare the uses of a pack of batteries and the uses of a bag of coke.[/quote]

That’s a very loose argument because a lot of drugs have addictions and downsides to them, music however does not it just uses up a resource.

Care to explain why?

Music is a little strong right now, mainly because that’s the way it always has been so far.

I would point out its pretty easy to get piles of morale quickly by eating junk food with no real downside. If you put it up against something like having a beer or 2 with some marshmallows it actually look pretty balanced.

Care to explain why?[/quote]

He is still on his trolling training wheels, give the lad time.

Meerrghhhhhh.

[quote=“jimboblordofeskimos, post:9, topic:6153”]I would point out its pretty easy to get piles of morale quickly by eating junk food with no real downside. If you put it up against something like having a beer or 2 with some marshmallows it actually look pretty balanced.

Care to explain why?[/quote]

He is still on his trolling training wheels, give the lad time.[/quote]

Im unsure if your saying me or fun size is trolling but Consider The Following

Junk food moral boost is somewhat rare considering multiple things, 1. The moral boosts per item used is far below liquor 2 You get more liquor per bottle (15-21)(Vol 3) than say a cardboard box which can have anywhere from 4-16 bits of whatever (Vol 4) and as you can see takes more space. 3 A good amount junk food items and sodas are a 1 time use only.

So if you can manage to scavenge enough food to go on a trash food binge yea its pretty balanced, but all you need is 1 liquor store or a couple of bottles in a house and your good for a couple of weeks if not months

To be even more satisfied, just eat 2 toaster pastries and 2 toast-ems at the same time.

Morale* is also kinda a personal thing. As such, if you’re powergaming, sure, you can cram everything at once and reach absurdly high morale levels. However, if you’re not into drinking or drugs, music’s pretty good–even if it times back out quickly too. (Besides, Focus doesn’t recover THAT quickly with 50 morale!)

*A moral, “MOR-ol”, is a socal norm or lesson. How you’re feeling is morale: “more-AL”.

[quote=“KA101, post:13, topic:6153”]Morale* is also kinda a personal thing. As such, if you’re powergaming, sure, you can cram everything at once and reach absurdly high morale levels. However, if you’re not into drinking or drugs, music’s pretty good–even if it times back out quickly too. (Besides, Focus doesn’t recover THAT quickly with 50 morale!)

*A moral, “MOR-ol”, is a socal norm or lesson. How you’re feeling is morale: “more-AL”.[/quote]

Lol your right ive been spelling it wrong all along. But anyone who’s done oxy, weed, alcohol can tell you its damn more fun than just listening to music, so music doesn’t have to be nerfed if that’s the route we wanna go, but like I said, drugs need a boost then cuz the comparison is too far off, For realisms sake

-_-
facepalm
Drugs boost stats… Plenty fucking useful then.

[quote=“Blackopsman9999, post:15, topic:6153”]-_-
facepalm
Drugs boost stats… Plenty fucking useful then.[/quote]

This is not a thread about which is more useful, its about morale numbers and how items compare

Drugs would be OP if they gave you +2 strength AND +50 morale…
You cannot call an item useless and ignore one of it’s major functions.

[quote=“Blackopsman9999, post:17, topic:6153”]Drugs would be OP if they gave you +2 strength AND +50 morale…
You cannot call an item useless and ignore one of it’s major functions.[/quote]

So in retrospect, Shotguns in comparison to small caliber hand-guns are ‘OP’ because they yield a higher damage output? Unfortunately that makes no sense. How many of us have used explosives to breach a door instead of hacking a console? Im not saying things need to be whackadoo and out of comparison. They should follow reality, and damn it! You ever had your dick stand at attention from a great line?? Im sure you haven’t, but the point being, if I need to craft because i just murdered 42 child zombies I want to just look at my coke and be happy from it, go bump it, and blow my joy load. Thats how real life works

This guy gets it ^^^

[quote=“Blackopsman9999, post:17, topic:6153”]Drugs would be OP if they gave you +2 strength AND +50 morale…

Again not a thread of what is more OP and has more uses, purely a thread based on morale and how some things lack morale in comparison.

This guy gets it ^^^

Again not a thread of what is more OP and has more uses, purely a thread based on morale and how some things lack morale in comparison.[/quote]

FWIW Marloss Bliss is the closest thing DDA has to orgasm. That’s +500 morale, capped at +1,000. Just thought I’d point that out.