"Guilty about killing..." Needs changed

The moral hit you take for killing zombie children is way too much. Honestly, if there were zombie children charging me to eat me alive, I wouldn’t feel bad for protecting myself. The moral hit is too big, it should be lowered. You’re telling me that a survivor can mow down hundreds of other, once human zombies and not feel bad, but then one single child zombie and be depressed because of it? Come on…

It’s less than the morale boost you get for eating a piece of candy you steal from their corpses. I think it’s fine.

Never mind, I think I killed more children than I noticed and figured the whole moral loss from it was from a single child kill.

Yeah it stacks, I think its five per child, so when you crowbar you’re way through a damn horde in a schoolhouse and beat their skulls to pulp to finish em it should be a pretty draining experience.

The good thing is that all the chocolate candy and drugs the children drop usually more than offsets the negative morale. It’s kinda macabre in a way.

Wait wut. I’ve never fought any zombie children yet. But… They drop drugs? I dont even what.

they drop regular crack addict drops , like playboy , crack , marijuana , candies.

My gods, that’s beautiful.

You only feel guilty if you bash them to death one by one. I torch the whole building, feel just fine.

My gods, that’s beautiful.[/quote]
Clearly, you’ve never been to a New England elementary school.

My gods, that’s beautiful.[/quote]
Clearly, you’ve never been to a New England elementary school.[/quote]
I can attest to this. I’ve been livin’ in PA all my life and I can say that one kid actually showed me a bag o’ weed he brought to school once, back in middle school. And this is in a comparatively nice suburban area. I’d hate to see what it looks like in the worse areas. (Anyone living in PA, do you know Allentown? It’s like Mexico mixed with the back alleys of the Bronx over there. Going out at night will either land you with a prostitute, a drug deal, or a mugging. Most likely the mugging.)

Haha. Repping central over here in Altoona. Not a spit different. Don’t remember anything big happening in school, but the living conditions sound just about the same. It’s 1 AM right now, and I’d put down money to say I could get a bag of blow and a lady for a night for a couple hundred. Of course, I’d lose them both in the mugging five minutes later, but that’s to be expected.

I was down to -260 for killing children once.

My friend and I were joking that since depression kicks in at like -100, the game should have other bits, like you go to use a knife and cut yourself, the game asks you if you want to suicide every so often, etc.

[quote=“pingpong, post:13, topic:2166”]I was down to -260 for killing children once.

My friend and I were joking that since depression kicks in at like -100, the game should have other bits, like you go to use a knife and cut yourself, the game asks you if you want to suicide every so often, etc.[/quote]

Hmm… I thought it did.

If you headshot them in single blow, you won’t get a penalty, or at least it did worked that way. But only on one shot kill, no grazes, and no idea about melee. Funny thing: You kill them, you get depressed, but hacking their corpses to bloody pulp won’t make you shed a tear.

It should increase your morale after you kill the child who ripped apart your only under armor and tank top , giving you instant 3 encumbrance and a heavy head ache after you spend the rest of the characters life searching for under armor and tank tops.

You can craft tank-tops.

BUT CAN YOU CRAFT UNDER ARMOR , CAN YOU!?

I knew you can craft tank top all this time , under armor probably needs high tailoring.

Does the layering of clothes even do anything? I had a trench coat over all of my clothes and somehow the under armor and tank top got ripped.

Layer /should/ hit top layers first. If it is working.

Lets take you as an example, wearing your single trench coat on top, with a tank top below that, and finally an under armor.

Lets say something hits you (not too big of an assumption). They hit the torso, and so the game uses the coverage amount of each individual piece of clothing to find out what it hits.

IIRC a trench coat has 95% coverage (I could be wrong), so the game rolls the dice and sees that the shot hits you in the 5% that the trench coat is not covering. Then comes the tank top, no clue about the coverage value, but the game rolls the dice again and sees that the punch does hit you where your tank top is covering your torso, therefore some of the damage is transferred to your tank top.

Back on topic …

Also there’s an issue where inner layer clothes are frequently more delicate than outer layers, so an attack might make it past an outer layer without damaging it, but then hit an inner layer and do some damage. This is particularly apparent with e.g. safety glasses and regular glasses, because the regular glasses are pretty delicate.