Officer Gimp and the nerfed freak suit!

So I decided to play a [female] gimp character for the lolz and survived for almost 30 days.

Theres two things i noticed in the start that need to be adressed:
-Bondage suit has 75% coverage. Come on, didn’t anyone see Pulp Fiction?
-Knee-high boots have 65% coverage. This is BAD. Zombies always bit my feet, because the feet were only 65% covered too!

I get not wanting to cover 100% of the legs, but until coverage is modular, this shit breaks the item.

I ended up going into the armor json and editing it all myself, but someone should seriously look into the balance of these two items.

Well, shouldn’t you be using Thigh high boots for the sexual deviance experience?

The latter issue is due to lack of an UPSTEP or UBSTEP property, DF-style. Coverage is considered universally, instead of allowing for one body part covered to have full coverage, and another to have partial coverage.

As the for lower coverage on the suit…90-95 might make more sense. >.>

yeah, so the lesson hiding in this secretly perverted thread is that clothing should eventually be able to cover different parts differently!

Admin PLZ! :smiley:

Backless hospital gowns, anyone?

Actually, 75% coverage on the bondage suit may be a bit too high; most leave lots of exposed skin.

This is going to require a full-blown, massive update with at least 20 different forms of bondage suits.

And a brilliant invention: the ability to combine the existing fursuits and bondage suits. o3o

God help us.

Ok, on a more serious note:

Gameplay wise, I got a character that is trying to be a ninja/thief type.
That means maneuverability and dealing damage, not tanking.

My idea is to always get leather because for me its high-end protection (kevlar usually ends up end-game).
Thats the big reason why i care so much about this - I wants it to be balanced, I just buff the shit out of it.

Looking at the game mechanics:
touring suit [easier to find, lower encumbrance, 95 coverage]
bondage suit [MUCH harder to find, higher encumbrance, 75 coverage, a little higher damage resistance]

seeing as how this is a rare armor and sounds fucked up, there should be a reward to the player,
something to give him incentive to wear such ridiculous thing. I’d say proper coverage of AT LEAST 95% would do it.

Come on, imagine that Mr.Giggles clown that someone keeps playing like an idiot - just imagine him putting on a perverted black
leather boyscout uniform because it has better damage resistance and surviving a chicken walker or some shit. This needs to happen.

It looks like it is mostly there for the “lost submissive” profession, which has -1 point value.
It’s better than other -1 ones, though, so there is quite a lot of former gimps and leatherheads running around in the post apocalyptic New England.

You don’t really need incentive to wear anything. You’ll wear an item if it’s good, or if your roleplaying leads you to it. Making an item good just because it’s rare is not a good reason.

Sounds like one of them cases it better just to learn how to tweak the game yourself for yourself rather then try force a suggestion…

when i was newb i hated zombears and zoose so u just deleted them from game JSON editing is easy and need no coding skills

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:3, topic:10610”]The latter issue is due to lack of an UPSTEP or UBSTEP property, DF-style. Coverage is considered universally, instead of allowing for one body part covered to have full coverage, and another to have partial coverage.

As the for lower coverage on the suit…90-95 might make more sense. >.>[/quote]
Rather than going the UB/UPSTEP route (which can get really confusing really quick), it would probably be better to just bundle coverage percentage and body parts together, and let you define coverage % on a body-part basis.

Ooh, brilliant. o.o

I’ve been doing that for eons, just that I felt this was legitimately overlooked as a cool item ;D

Ok, so I don’t feel that making a seperate threat for this is really necessary:

why doesn’t the motorcycle helmet cover the eyes?

I mean, it obviously does.

Maybe the assumption is you wear it with the visor up therefore it lets you use a pair of goggles in the gap. But I agree, that is a little silly and it might make more sense if you could toggle that like you can toggle a scarf.

However, having toggle change what body parts are covered doesn’t work. I’ve tried doing that with cloaks to make the hood raise/lower at will.