Oddity Dump, Bleeding Edge Builds

Did you try removing the roof? I am fairly sure it is the known issue.

You can’t use the / menu from the trunk doors, only from the wheels.

Does this apply when the panel itself is on an outside tile or do I have to remove every roof tile on my car?

[quote=“Loupkiller, post:36, topic:1577”]there is a bug about this, if you remove the top from the vehicle it works.

as long as there is no inside.[/quote]

as someone else asked, is this ALL roof? because I had 4 solar panels on outside tiles (the back end of a semi rig, to be specific) and my storage batteries were not charging. it was Sunny outside and the car was outside.

however, i also didnt have any electric motors in the car. possible problem there?

The bug uses the vehicles global position, which is not necessarily the same location as the solar panels. The end result is that the problem happens less often, but when it does happen it’s worse overall. It’s a known problem and is currently listed as issue #1227 on github.

Fixed! I think. If you’re getting an ‘exit vehicle first’ message, then yes fixed >.>

Running into some weirdness regarding item management in the latest build. If you happen to be wielding something too bulky to store in your inventory, you can’t drop it normally. If you use d or D, it prompts “No space in inventory for your bulky thing. Drop it? (y/n)” (for any given bulky thing you happen to have; I encountered this with a 13" wheel and a muffler). This is exactly the same as if you were trying to switch away from a bulky weapon you couldn’t store. You can still drop it by selecting yes, but it seems weird to be asked whether or not you want to drop something that you just told the game to drop.

I’m wondering how exactly the game determines damage to dropped items. Because when I kill zombies, if their corpse happens to land on a shell casing or arrow, then that object will show damage, even though then never do otherwise. If the zombie drops items, and then all those items are assigned damage, then there might be a problem if the player kills one on top of something they really wanted and it assigns damage to the stuff on the ground, which includes things that the zombie didn’t actually drop.

Is this in the latest version? As of yesterday the problems with zombie death items and the other problems they were causing should be fixed.

Latest Windows SDL build:

Mutagen gives you bad starting traits, but purifier treats them as traits you intentionally selected at the start, so purifier doesn’t get rid of them.

I drank one bottle of mutagen, got bad back, then I drank 3 legitimate bottles of purifier, saw bad back wouldn’t go away, said “Fuck this.” and opened the debug mode and chugged 100 bottles of purifier to no avail. Bad back was there to stay.

[quote=“DeviateScaleCodpiece, post:50, topic:1577”]Latest Windows SDL build:

Mutagen gives you bad starting traits, but purifier treats them as traits you intentionally selected at the start, so purifier doesn’t get rid of them.

I drank one bottle of mutagen, got bad back, then I drank 3 legitimate bottles of purifier, saw bad back wouldn’t go away, said “Fuck this.” and opened the debug mode and chugged 100 bottles of purifier to no avail. Bad back was there to stay.[/quote]

Can confirm this. Chugged some mutagen and got the near-sighted trait. Purifer did not remove it.

Yeah, currently we’ve got a bit of a rework of purifier + starting trait interaction up as a pull request. I should be checking it out fairly soon and with any luck it can go into the game.

Great! Can’t wait.

Had a sort of neat bug happen today. Found a functional motorcycle with a broken seat. I could operate the controls but as soon at it accelerated I got left behind and was asked if I wanted to bail. :stuck_out_tongue:
…of course followed by map.cpp[251]: map::unboard_vehicle: passenger not found

I had a similar thing happen. I built a motorcycle but didn’t put in a seat or saddle. When I accelerated it ripped my jacket up.

Using a 6-nightly from a week or so ago, the sun turned backed on basically at 7:58-7:59PM. At exactly 6 AM it turned back to normal vision, incrementing back up to full range.

Yeah that one has been fixed now.

(And the mutation purifier change has gone in as well!)

Quick question, does pack mule stack with clothing, or is it only base volume?

Also on a side note, just grabbed the newest experimental, and the font’s different. Maybe it’s just square or somethin.

Base volume is 0 so yeah, it stacks with equipment. :stuck_out_tongue: