NX-17 Turrets

I was playing around with the NX-17 charge rifle mounted on my car, and at first I thought it was a pretty weak little plingy thing that rarely did damage, but with 8 storage batteries I might as well keep it on. Then I noticed that sometimes, it makes enemies explode into a 3x3 square of fire. I’m nervous of using it at all now. Is it capable of killing me and/or my car if I leave it turned on all the time?

yup, main negative of explosive turrets

they won’t fire if you are in the way, but definitely worth keeping in mind. I set up 4 at the bottom of a mineshaft once, and managed to not get myself killed by them, though they didn’t really contribute all that much.

Vehicular turrets have certain safeties to prevent shooting through the character by angle restriction. This is not enough to guarantee not getting hit, after taking into account dispersion and even moreso splash damage. It is advisable to not be too close to the turrets, and you SHOULD be fine.

It was like this a month ago, but it has changed quite a bit now.

Turrets now ignore the player who sits under the roof (turrets are all on the roof) of the car the turret is a part of.
“Ignore” both as in “will aim through” and “won’t hit, even when the projectile shoots through them”.
Same is true for monsters who manage to get inside your car - they won’t get hit either.

By “under the roof” and “inside” I mean on a tile that’s labeled “inside” in vehicle interaction menu.

AoE turret hits (like the big 3x3 explosion from NX-17) can still hurt the vehicle, though.

Yeah, NX17 turret is really weak.

There is 1% chance it will shoot with powerful shot. And thanks to Murphy’s Law it WILL happen near your vehicle, so near your fuel tank as it can reach. That’s why I dismantled all the NX17 turrets from my vehicle. Once a time this piece of shit couldn’t manage to kill a goddamn zombie dog, making puny 4-7 damage a shot. The dog managed to make it to my vehicle and then THIS shiet happened. One of the turret shot with powerful discharge. And you know what happened? The dog died. But also [size=24pt]MAH CAR GOT REKT[/size]. Seriously, considering that explosions go through things, that was super-mega-ultra-baddasy ass-liting that most of my precious quantum turrets, vehicle welding rig, kitchen unit were destroyed right away. I haven’t used NX17 turrets since then.

It was like this a month ago, but it has changed quite a bit now.

Turrets now ignore the player who sits under the roof (turrets are all on the roof) of the car the turret is a part of.
“Ignore” both as in “will aim through” and “won’t hit, even when the projectile shoots through them”.
Same is true for monsters who manage to get inside your car - they won’t get hit either.

By “under the roof” and “inside” I mean on a tile that’s labeled “inside” in vehicle interaction menu.

AoE turret hits (like the big 3x3 explosion from NX-17) can still hurt the vehicle, though.[/quote]

Does this mean a turret on a motorcycle side-car can still kill you?