What weapons are mountable, and what are their advantages?

Which weapons can I mount on my vehicles, and what advantages do the various weapons have over each other?

NX-17 charge rifle: only requires vehicle power, but variable effect can endanger you/the vehicle (explosive!)

Flamethrower (milspec model): Drains gasoline, short range, explosive effect can damage the vehicle

Fusion rifle: Good damage, requires both vehicle power and fusion cells (manual-loaded!)

M249: Comparatively-common ammo, needs manual loading, inaccurate at long range, pretty vehicle-safe

M2 Browning: Fairly rare ammo, needs manual loading, really inaccurate at long range, likewise vehicle-safe

mk 40 GL: 40mm ain’t cheap, wide variety of ammo allows custom effects, at range is effective despite inaccuracy

That’s all the ones I know about. Blaze is theoretically working on a turret package, but I’m not sure if we’re gonna get a PR or if so when.

I… I… I can mount my milkor on my bicycle?

Oh the tears of joy.

[quote=“jimboblordofeskimos, post:3, topic:6586”]I… I… I can mount my milkor on my bicycle?

Oh the tears of joy.[/quote]

You need a Mark 19, not a Milkor MGL. Sorry. :frowning:

Ok thanks for the timely and mostly accurate info :slight_smile:

How does firing past parts of the vehicle work? Can mounted weapons shoot over the top of boards, or just transparent tiles?

Turrets are considered as mounted on top of the vehicle, so they fire over anything. That said, their safety-checking may not take explosive-effects into consideration, and flamers in particular have both the explosive effect and extremely short range.

(I should look into fixing that.)

Turrets are considered as mounted on top of the vehicle, so they fire over anything. That said, their safety-checking may not take explosive-effects into consideration, and flamers in particular have both the explosive effect and extremely short range.

(I should look into fixing that.)[/quote]Makes sense, but when I noticed floodlights don’t do that (in 0.A, at least) I wasn’t sure if mounted weapons would. Thanks for the confirmation.